Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: First Look at Nickelodeon TMNT
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:03 am 
serves the Otter

Well, WSJ sort of leaked this one out. It's been confirmed as official. I've got the picture and opinions over at the usual:

Nickelodeon's new TMNT first image

It's not perfect, and there's one potentially controversial change (but it's unconfirmed at the moment) and generally some positive stuff going on. Turtle fans should check it out.

Post subject: Re: First Look at Nickelodeon TMNT
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:45 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I don't know if the change is necessarily a bad one.

Kasurigama kick all kinds of @$$. They can do a lot more with it compared to the chunks, I think.

Of course, until they reach the greatness of the original comic series where Raph and Leo actually SLICED people with their edged weapons, any animated series is going to fall short.

Although the CG movie came awfully close. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

From what little there is to be seen there I am slightly intriqued. I like the idea of Mikey having the Kusuragami as his "new" weapon if the Nunchak ban sticks. Doesn't do anything negative to the character or franchise as far as I am concerned.

The biggest thing for me is that this is now a Nickelodeon 'toon. I've long since outgrown most everything Nick (with the major exception of Spongebob) and am concerned about the level of storytelling and what exactly the target audience is seen as being.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:13 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Airbender was very good, with a solid story and excellent characterization. Plus Nick carried Wolvie and the X-men if I'm not mistaken, which was also well done (and missed).

So there is potential. My guess is Nick is getting creamed in the boys 10-14 demo by Disney and Toon and wants a "tentpole" property to help fight back.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Trailer for Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

by SuperHeroHype

June 21, 2012

Entertainment Weekly has posted a first look at the trailer for Nickelodeon's upcoming CG-animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. The magazine doesn't provide embeds, so you will have to click here to watch the video.

Coming to Nick this fall, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles features the voices of Jason Biggs as Leonardo, Sean Astin as Raphael, Greg Cipes as Michelangelo and Rob Paulsen as Donatello.

In the show, Raphael is the biggest and toughest of the brothers, and has little patience for stealth operations, hiding in the shadows or keeping his voice down. Leonardo, considered to be the leader of the turtles, aspires to be the perfect hero around his three smart-aleck brothers. Donatello is the reclusive, yet utterly brilliant team inventor who is able to cobble together fantastic weapons from things scrounged from a trash heap. And Michelangelo is enthusiastic, easily distracted, loves pop culture and is always trying to get in on the latest fad.

Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles begins as the turtles emerge from their hidden lair in the sewers for the very first time, ready to confront the wondrous and hostile world of New York City and face enemies more dangerous and pizza more delicious than anything they could have imagined. Funnier and with more Ninjitsu than ever before, the show will explore the camaraderie of four teenage brothers learning to rely on themselves and one another as they unravel the mystery of their existence and grow to become the heroes in a half-shell that they are destined to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:17 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Not really digging the animation. I think this the first time I've ever seen toys that look better than the show.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:22 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Has a Teen Titans vibe to me...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'll give it 3 episodes before I pass final judgement but I'm thinking this may not be for me...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Premiere Date for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cartoon

by SuperHeroHype

July 06, 2012

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon is set to premiere on Nickelodeon on September 29 at 11 a.m., according to EW. Nickelodeon describes the series as "Funnier and with more Ninjutsu than ever before, the show will explore the companionship of four teenage brothers learning to rely on themselves and one another as they unravel the mystery of their existence and grow to become the heroes in a half-shell that they are destined to be."

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles features the voices of Jason Biggs as Leonardo, Sean Astin as Raphael, Greg Cipes as Michelangelo and Rob Paulsen as Donatello.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC