Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League live action movie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Has the Villain for Justice League Been Revealed?

by SuperHeroHype

December 03, 2012

Very little is known about the Justice League film that Warner Bros. has planned. All that we really know is the planned release year and that the line-up is said to at least include Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

Now, the folks at Latino Review are saying they've learned the villain will be none other than Darkseid. They cite no source, so treat this strictly as a rumor for now.

Darkseid first appeared in 1970 as one of the most powerful of the New Gods. He has unparalleled strength and invulnerability along with his very powerful 'Omega Beam.' The character was the primary antagonist in the first story arc of the New 52 Justice League.

No director is currently attached to the film, but a script by Will Beall (Gangster Squad) has been written. It also remains to be seen if the upcoming Man of Steel and 2011's Green Lantern will tie into the film.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Nolan Talks Man of Steel and Justice League Role

by SuperHeroHype

December 04, 2012

Christopher Nolan is a busy man. After finishing up his Dark Knight trilogy for Warner Bros., he stepped in to oversee and produce the upcoming Superman reboot Man of Steel, which he says won't exactly be like his Batman series.

"Well, somewhat," Nolan told The Playlist. "But I wouldn't want people to think we're doing for Superman what we did for Batman.

"It's very much Zack's film and I think people are going to love what he's done. I think it's really remarkable to take on that character. Superman is a completely different character than Batman. So you can't in anyway use the same template. But David Goyer had this, I thought, brilliant way to make Superman relatable and relevant for his audience. Zack has built on that and I think it's incredible what he's putting together. He's got a lot of finishing to do on that. Superman is the biggest comic book character of them all and he needs the biggest possible movie version which is what Zack's doing. It's really something."

Ever since the announcement of the Justice League film, Nolan's involvement has been long rumored. When asked if he could take on a Joss Whedon-like role for WB, he laughed and gave the non-answer of "Well, as I've said, and I'll say definitively again, I am done with the Batman films, the trilogy is completed. It ended in the manner we had envisioned."

Even though we won't get to see Man of Steel until next summer, and Justice League for a few more years, the folks involved are very proud of what they've done even if they won't say what it is.

"It afforded me a wonderful opportunity to put a specific thing in the minds of 14 year-old boys," said Russell Crowe to MTV about playing Superman's father, Jor-El. "And that is that the bravest thing you can do, the most important thing you can ever do, is love." You can check out the rest of his interview here.

Man of Steel is coming to 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D theaters on June 14.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Nolan Remains Mum on Joseph Gordon-Levitt Justice League Rumors

by SuperHeroHype

December 12, 2012

Last month, HitFix piqued the interest of Batman fans with the rumor that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would return to the big screen as his John Blake character from The Dark Knight Rises (having now assumed the Batman mantle) in Warner Bros.' upcoming Justice League. Although the rumor was immediately denied by the actor's representatives, Movieline today caught up Christopher Nolan and asked him about the possibility directly.

"I can't talk about that," Nolan told the site with what they describe as a "Cheshire smile," "You know that."

Although Nolan's comments don't really imply anything one way or another, it's a good bet that they'll still fuel a great deal of continued speculation about the future of DC Comics on the big screen. Nolan is now producing Zack Snyder's Man of Steel and Snyder himself recently told The New York Post that his take on the iconic character would "keep them on course" for a 2015 ensemble film.

At this time, however, the only solid fact about Justice League is that the studio is currently working from a script by Will Beall and aiming for a 2015 release.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:28 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Plot for the Justice League Movie Revealed?

by SuperHeroHype

December 13, 2012

A few weeks ago, the rumor mill went crazy when it was 'revealed' that Darkseid would be the villain in the upcoming Justice League film. This was never confirmed by the studio and has since stayed a questionable rumor. Today, the same source of the Darkseid rumor, Latino Review, alleges that the film's script by Will Beal will be specifically based on three issues of the Justice League of America comic.

Released in 1980, issues 183-185 were written by Gerry Conway and drawn by George Perez. In the comic, Darkseid is planning to destroy Earth and put his home planet of Apokolips in its place. The story not only contains the Justice League of America but also the Justice Society of America from Earth-2, as the two teams were planning to meet up when Darkseid initiated his plan.

Again, treat this strictly as a rumor for now because not much is currently known about the upcoming film. No director is attached to the project and it remains to be seen if 2011's Green Lantern or next year's Man of Steel will tie into the film, though Zack Snyder recently said that his take on the iconic character would "keep them on course" for a 2015 ensemble film.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jonathan Nolan on The Dark Knight Rises and Justice League

by SuperHeroHype

December 15, 2012

Empire magazine got a chance to The Dark Knight Rises co-writer Jonathan Nolan and asked about the ending, what characters he doesn't think would have worked, whether he's excited about the Justice League movie and what he thought about Marvel's The Avengers. Here's an excerpt from the interview:

We have to ask about the Robin gag at the end. We’d always wondered how possible it would be to make that character work in this version of the Batman universe, and this has to have been the only way.
It is a little hard to imagine Robin working in that universe, so the idea had to be limited to that gag at the end. But Joe’s character is very important to the story. In any movie you need a character looking at proceedings the way you see them, and Joe’s character is that character for this film. One of my favourite scenes is when John tells Bruce how he knew he was Batman. It’s like that scene in The Prestige where the little kid sees through Christian’s trick. Little kids, they don’t have any illusions, they just see the truth of the situation. I feel there’s a kind of spiritual connection between the two movies there.

There are of course many other Batman characters that it would have been hard to imagine in these movies...
Yeah, like Clayface or, indeed, The Penguin. Part of what’s compelling about Chris’s take is the naturalism of it and I think that’s one of the things I loved about the Frank Miller comic books was that they were sort of urban, gritty vigilante stories first and formost. So everything had to stick within that universe. It’s hard to imagine [in these movies] any of the rogue’s gallery characters who have sort of a more supernatural or science-fiction bent to them. And I think that’s one of the aspects of Batman which are fascinating: in 70 years, the character has been sort of fully laundered. Because of writers and artists having every month coming up with a different story to tell with this character, there are often different genre aspects to it. You have your science-fictions, you’ve had fantasy elements along the way, horror, camp comedy... I mean there are so many different versions.

Are you curious about the plans for the Justice League movie, and seeing Batman in that very different context?
I’m incredibly excited. I was a big Batman fan when I was a kid. In fact he was the only comic-book character I really liked. I went through a brief spell where I was reading Captain Britain, because I was an English kid living in the States, and Wolverine for 30 seconds, Spider-Man too, but really Batman was the one. And I love that there are different versions of the character. I love that in the context of The Justice League, he’s kind of the black sheep of that family.

Speaking of supergroups, did you see Avengers?
I did. To me Joss Whedon is a god, I’m just a huge fan of his work, I love his work on TV. And I thought The Avengers was just an incredible achievement.

You can check out the full interview by clicking here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ben Affleck Says He Was Never in the Running for Justice League

by SuperHeroHype

December 20, 2012

Remember when there was a rumor that Ben Affleck would be directing the film adaptation of Justice League? Ben remembers it too and he would like to put a lid on the talk that he "passed" on the project.

"I just want to make it clear because it’s not like I had something to even pass on," Affleck told HitFix. "Because someone will eventually do 'Justice League' and they'll go, like, 'Ben Affleck passed on it,' and it won't be true. So I don’t mind setting the record straight. It's one of those things where the closest I came was some people talked to me about it like at a meeting. They were like, 'Here's the stuff we’re doing,' you know? 'Here’s what we're looking at.' That kind of thing. And they suggested it. But I don’t think there’s a script. I don’t think there’s anything."

Even though he's not doing the movie, he's really excited about where the movie could go.

"I think there’s a DC 'Avengers' that could be done because they have the characters for it, and there’s some stuff in the comics now that’s kind of interesting, and it’s cool. That's what Marvel does so well. They do a lot of things well, but one of the things that I’m really impressed by is how they coordinated all those movies. I mean, you never see somebody make a whole movie with the eye of, like, building it into new sequels, but that's because you're just hoping it’s a hit and you’ll do it again.

"But for shooting these kind of satellite movies with the notion that later on you’ll build the planet that they're orbiting around, and coordinating it all ahead of time, and imagining how the story's going to work and flow with Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, it’s a big deal. You don't see that level of organization much in movies. You know what I mean? It's like enough to just get one movie together and off the ground."

Currently there is no director attached to the project, but writer Will Beal is writing a script for the film that is targeting a release in 2015.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Has the Roster for the Justice League Movie Been Revealed?

by SuperHeroHype

January 02, 2013

As we get closer to actual news about the upcoming Justice League film, be prepared for lots of rumors to circulate. Recently, two stories began to make the rounds that both the villain and the plot for the film had been revealed, but those haven't been confirmed by Warner Bros. Now, alleged details on the characters and team for the film have surfaced (via Cosmic Book News).

• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.

Most of these are already a given for the individual characters and this is the first that we're hearing of Aquaman and Martian Manhunter appearing in the film. Treat these strictly as a rumor for now as we may not know the cast of the film for quite some time.

No director is currently attached to the film, but Will Beall (Gangster Squad) is writing the script.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Honestly, while I would love the inclusion of Martian Manhunter, I don't see it happening.

I think they're going to want to tie this in as closely as possible to the first New 52 arc, and that means Cyborg.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:28 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Me, neither.

I really hope to see Aquaman, though.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 am 
serves the Otter

I'm glad they're giving Ryan Reynolds a second chance but the big question that remains is who will be Batman. I sincerely hope it's Bruce Wayne even if that means it is in a different continuity from the Dark Knight trilogy.

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I'm not thrilled they're giving Reynolds another chance. I still say he would have been better as the Flash. He's simply NOT Hal Jordan. Yes the movie sucked, but Reynolds just didn't fit.

And it has to be Bruce. Period. And I just don't see Gordon-Leavitt as Bruce. While I'd love to see him as Batman, he's not Bruce. I think they're going to have to break the continuity.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Man of Steel's Box Office to Determine Justice League's Fate?

by SuperHeroHype

January 28, 2013

In an article at Variety talking about new Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara and the president of Warner Bros. Pictures, Jeff Robinov, the trade included these interesting quotes on how Man of Steel's performance may affect whether the studio moves forward with the Justice League movie.

"Further out, the studio's planning a "Justice League" tentpole -- encompassing DC Comics mainstays Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and the Green Lantern -- on the order of Marvel's "The Avengers." Will Beall is scripting but no director has been attached yet.

Stakes are high for "Man of Steel." Other than Nolan's Batpics, Warners has not been able to effectively exploit the DC library. Its 2011 "Green Lantern" underperformed, and a "Justice League" film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of "Man of Steel," which opens June 14, before moving further ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Then we are probably screwed.

I really wonder if Superman even resonates with the typical person anymore. We've become pretty cynical as a society.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:01 am 
Bob Vila

Shellhead wrote:
Then we are probably screwed.

I really wonder if Superman even resonates with the typical person anymore. We've become pretty cynical as a society.

Yeah we are, but this new movie looks like it might address that with the way people distrust, fear supes when he first shows up, but realise we need him when Zod starts attacking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
I really wonder if Superman even resonates with the typical person anymore. .

I hated him as a kid-- I still hate him now-- I mean I even had problems liking him when he was done by Bruce Timm... (I still think its the weakest of all his cartoons)_- hes just too much of a one-note boring character.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next