Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue May 24, 2016 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Confirmed today by Marvel: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 will be released on May 4th, 2018.

Post subject: Re: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:10 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I hope before they get there that we see Nova & Adam Warlock. Well, we've already seen his pod anyway. Guardians 2 you think?

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Could Spider-Man Appear in Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part I?

SuperHeroHype

Jan 14, 2015

WARNING: Potential spoilers for Marvel Studios’ “Phase Three.”

The future of Spider-Man at Sony Pictures has been a big question mark ever since last year’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 failed to meet studio expectations. Though spin-off films for the franchise are in development, with The Sinister Six even scheduled for release on November 11, 2016, there’s still been no official word on what will happen with the wall crawler.

Rumors and reports persisted last month in the wake of the Sony hack that discussions had taken place between Sony and Marvel Studios to “bring the character home,” though none of those details have been confirmed and vary wildly from place to place as to whether they fell through or would continue. Now, Latino-Review has quite the report on the webhead that, should it come to fruition, should delight many fans.

The outlet reports (following a number of potential spoilers for other Marvel films) that Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part I will sideline a number of the heroes from Phase One (corroborating an earlier report that said the same) in favor of the new faces of Phase Three at the forefront. Among those faces, the site reports, will be none other than Spider-Man. Not only will an MCU version of the character reportedly appear in the film, but he will be played by a new actor.

It’s unclear what this means for the planned films at Sony or when, if true, an official announcement will come, but should our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man return to Marvel and meet his fellow Avengers, it will arguably be the biggest thing to happen in the history of superhero movies.

Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part I is set for release on May 4, 2018 with Part II to debut one year later on May 3, 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

It's Latino Review, so huge grain of salt. Honestly, I'm disappointed they didn't get him in Civil War. Would have been a MUCH better fit...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:15 pm 
AFA Graded

Wow, Marc Webb single-handedly killed off his own franchise in two films.

Spoiler for Amazing Spider-Man 2:
Spoiler: show
He was absolutely crazy to kill off Gwen Stacy the way he did. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield's amazing chemistry was the biggest selling point of the films. With that gone there is absolutely no incentive to watch any further movies in that continuity.

I know he wanted to do a tribute to the death of Gwen Stacy in the comics. I get that. But once Stone was cast and he saw how great they were together in the first film he should have redrew his entire game plan. And if he wasn't willing to Sony should have stepped in and made him.

I'm also not crazy about the idea of the Phase One Avengers being sidelined in Infinity War either. I thought the biggest selling point of the Infinity War from the comics is that it had ALL of the heroes from ALL of the franchises. If they do that the War will no longer be infinite.

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor, Ro-Bear Bill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:13 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Joe and Anthony Russo are Set to Take on Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War!

SuperHeroHype

Mar 23, 2015

Rumored for some time, it now appears to be official that Joe and Anthony Russo, the sibling pair behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, will take on Marvel Studios’ massive two-part Avengers: Infinity War. The news broke via Badass Digest this morning and is now being reported in the trades as well.

“It’s Thanos against everyone,” star Josh Brolin told us about the “Phase Three” capper late last year, which is believed to involve the Mad Titan’s quest to bring together the six Infinity Stones we’ve seen appear throughout the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Russos, who also directed the comedies You, Me and Dupree and Welcome to Colinwood in addition to episodes of “Arrested Development” and “Community,” recently signed a first look deal at Sony Pictures. There, the pair is attached to direct The Gray Man, a big screen adaptation of Mark Greaney’s 2009 thriller novel, with rumors swirling that they’re also planning a Ghostbusters film with Channing Tatum attached to star.

Production on Captain America: Civil War is set to begin within the next two weeks with the film targeting a May 6, 2016 release. After that, Avengers: Infinity War Part I will see a release on May 4, 2018, with Part II set to follow one year later on May 3, 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Who's the other giant guy opposite Thanos that looks like Lobo from Jersey?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:40 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Who's the other giant guy opposite Thanos that looks like Lobo from Jersey?

Well, that's really hard to explain in 25 words or less. But I'll try. Here's the ultra-condensed version: Lobo from Jersey is Magus, an alternate future version of Adam Warlock. Magus was created by Lord Chaos and Master Order to be a champion of life. Chaos and Order knew that they needed someone to oppose Thanos, the champion of death.

For more info, click here and here.

Thumbnails. Clicky.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Ok, thanks. I'm not terribly familiar with marvel and I'd just never seen that guy before.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

It’s Official: Joe and Anthony Russo to Direct Two-Part Avengers: Infinity War

SuperHeroHype

Apr 07, 2015

Previously reported three weeks ago, Marvel Studios has officially confirmed that Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo will direct the upcoming two-part epic, Avengers: Infinity War.

“It’s Thanos against everyone,” star Josh Brolin told us about the “Phase Three” capper late last year, which is believed to involve the Mad Titan’s quest to bring together the six Infinity Stones we’ve seen appear throughout the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn also chimed in previously on the idea of the Guardians meeting the Avengers saying: “When I’m asked about the Guardians and their future, and whether they’ll meet up with the Avengers I really don’t have all that much to say, because some of it isn’t decided yet, and I don’t want to give away what is decided.”

The Russos, who also directed the comedies You, Me and Dupree and Welcome to Colinwood in addition to episodes of “Arrested Development” and “Community,” recently signed a first look deal at Sony Pictures. There, the pair is attached to direct The Gray Man, a big screen adaptation of Mark Greaney’s 2009 thriller novel, with rumors swirling that they’re also planning a Ghostbusters film with Channing Tatum attached to star.

Production on the Russos’ Captain America: Civil War is set to begin soon in Atlanta, Georgia with the film targeting a May 6, 2016 release. The third film in the Captain America franchise will bring the classic storyline from the comics to life pitting Cap (Chris Evans) against Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), as well as introducing Black Panther to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with actor Chadwick Boseman ahead of his own film later in Phase 3.

After that, Avengers: Infinity War Part I will see a release on May 4, 2018, with Part II set to follow one year later on May 3, 2019.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:46 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely to Write Avengers: Infinity War

SuperHeroHype

Apr 10, 2015

Badass Digest brings word that Marvel favorites Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely are set to pen the scripts for the two-part Avengers: Infinity War, which Anthony and Joe Russo were recently confirmed to direct. The pair have previously written Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and the upcoming Captain America: Civil War. They also did re-write work on Thor: The Dark World and created “Marvel’s Agent Carter.”

Avengers: Infinity War Part I will see a release on May 4, 2018, with Part II set to follow one year later on May 3, 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:37 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Man, how cool would it be if iw1 had hulk heading to planet hulk, we got an actual planet hulk movie in between and iw2 had him return to earth? That's not based on any rumor or anything, just a thought I had.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:10 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chris Evans Reveals Shooting Plans for Avengers: Infinity War

SuperHeroHype

Apr 27, 2015

Though today marked the first day of filming for the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, Marvel Studios already has their eyes set on the future beyond it with Avengers: Infinity War. Speaking with Esquire, Steve Rogers himself, Chris Evans, spoke about how long he’ll be filming “Civil War” and when he expects to star the two-part Avengers epic.

“We start [Captain America: Civil War] in a couple weeks, and then that shoots until August or something like that. August or September. Then I’ve got some downtime and I can do with it as I please. I don’t know if I want to take time off or go pursue another directing job or find a movie to act in or, you know, do whatever I’m creatively inclined to pursue or wait, relax, enjoy my life. And then we start the Infinity War, I think, some time in the third quarter. Fall or winter of 2016. That’s going to be like nine months to shoot both movies back to back.”

Captain America: The Winter Soldier and “Civil War” directors Anthony and Joe Russo are set to helm the two-parter, which will feature a script by Marvel favorites Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn previously chimed in on the idea of the Guardians meeting the Avengers in saying: “When I’m asked about the Guardians and their future, and whether they’ll meet up with the Avengers I really don’t have all that much to say, because some of it isn’t decided yet, and I don’t want to give away what is decided.”

Though the full cast is unconfirmed, Avengers: Infinity War Part I will see release on May 4, 2018, with Part II set to follow one year later on May 3, 2019.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Avengers: Infinity War to be Filmed Entirely with Brand-New IMAX Cameras

SuperHeroHype

May 07, 2015

On the heels of the reveal of its nine-month production schedule, Marvel Studios, the Russo brothers and IMAX today announced that Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Parts 1 & 2 will be shot in their entirety using IMAX and ARRI’s next generation revolutionary 2D digital camera – a joint customized digital version of ARRI’s new large format camera, the Alexa 65. The two-part “Avengers” saga marks the first time a Hollywood feature film will have been shot completely using IMAX cameras and will feature IMAX’s exclusive aspect ratio, providing moviegoers a uniquely immersive experience.

Prior to filming Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Parts 1 & 2, Joe and Anthony Russo, who also directed Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, will use the IMAX/ARRI 2D digital camera for select action sequences on the forthcoming Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, which will release in IMAX theaters in May of 2016.

“The intent with the Infinity War films is to bring ten years of accumulative storytelling to an incredible climax,” Joe and Anthony Russo stated. “We felt that the best way to exploit the scale and scope required to close out the final chapter of these three phases, was to be the first films shot entirely on the IMAX/ARRI Digital camera.”

“Over the years, IMAX has had the incredible good fortune to work with some of the world’s finest, most talented filmmakers, who continue to push the envelope both technically and creatively,” said Greg Foster, Senior Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp. and CEO of IMAX Entertainment. “We could not be more excited to deepen our partnership with Joe and Anthony Russo, a pair of filmmakers we believe are next-generation trailblazers. Marvel’s Avengers franchise has become a global phenomenon and to have it pay off in this epic way using the IMAX/ARRI digital camera is the very definition of event movie-going.”

The next-generation 2D digital camera – co-developed by IMAX and ARRI – is meant for use by today’s leading filmmakers working in the IMAX format. The joint solution is designed as a complementary tool to IMAX’s high-resolution capture technologies – including its 3D digital and 15perf / 65mm film cameras. Moreover, IMAX worked with ARRI to achieve the highest level of digital image capture for playback on IMAX’s xenon and new laser projection systems.

Set to be directed by the Russo brothers and featuring a script by Marvel favorites Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 is slated for release in IMAX theaters on May 4, 2018; Part 2 will open on May 3, 2019.