It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wonder Woman 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Patty Jenkins Wants to Return for Contemporary Wonder Woman 2

SuperHeroHype

Jun 02, 2017

With the Wonder Woman movie now in theaters and a hit with critics, expected to pull in more than $90 million domestically this weekend, all thoughts are on one word: SEQUEL. While Gal Gadot will return as Diana in just a few short months for November’s Justice League, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that both she and director Patty Jenkins are contractually signed for Wonder Woman 2, which will be set in the contemporary world as opposed to another period piece.

“What I never want to do is start phoning it in and making things just to show that I can keep my foot in the door and do big movies. I don’t care about that at all,” said Jenkins, who may first film a smaller movie based on her husband Sam Sheridan’s writing and starring Chris Pine, or her long-gestating I Am Superman (no relation to DC Comics) with Ryan Gosling. “I just want to make great movies. And that could come from any direction. It might be a $10 million movie or it might be $200 million movie.”

Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

Wonder Woman stars Gal Gadot (The Fast and the Furious films, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice), Chris Pine (Star Trek), Robin Wright (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Netflix‘s House of Cards), Danny Huston (Clash of the Titans, X-Men Origins: Wolverine), Ewen Bremner (Exodus: Gods and Kings, Snowpiercer), Saïd Taghmaoui (American Hustle), Elena Anaya (The Skin I Live In), Connie Nielsen (Gladiator, Nymphomaniac: Vol. I) and Lucy Davis (Shaun of the Dead).

Directed by Patty Jenkins, Wonder Woman is being produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder, with Richard Suckle, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Rebecca Roven serving as executive producers.

Post subject: Re: Wonder Woman 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:11 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Patty Jenkins Says Wonder Woman 2 Will Take Place in America

SuperHeroHype

Jun 05, 2017

With the first film already playing in theaters and breaking box office records, there’s no time like the present to be talking about the inevitable Wonder Woman 2. Speaking with EW, director Patty Jenkins (who is contracted for the sequel) revealed that the upcoming film will bring the hero to the shores of the United States.

“The story will take place in the U.S., which I think is right,” the director tells the outlet. “She’s Wonder Woman. She’s got to come to America. It’s time.”

There is some confusion about the setting for the sequel with a previous report saying the film would be set in the backdrop of contemporary times, though Jenkins previously hinted at another time. When asked by Uproxx if the film would be set in contemporary times or somewhere within the next 100 years, such as the 1930s, Jenkins said:

“It is for sure – I’m definitely planning something more interesting using that period of time. Definitely, it’s the plan. I can’t say what it is! But it’s definitely right in the pocket of what you’re talking about.”

The only thing that is for sure is that Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot are eager to return to continue telling more stories with the hero.

“I realized that Wonder Woman 2 is its own great movie,” Jenkins said. “I made Wonder Woman. Now I want to make Wonder Woman 2.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:34 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Patty Jenkins Talks Wonder Woman Movie Sequel Plans

SuperHeroHype

Jun 29, 2017

There has been no official announcement about the return of Patty Jenkins for the Wonder Woman movie sequel. Warner Bros. has yet to comment, however Jenkins herself had something to say. She spoke to a crowd at a Women In Film screening of the film, indicating that she would like to be on board for the Wonder Woman movie sequel.

Here is what Jenkins said about Wonder Woman 2, according to Advocate (via Collider): “I had an epiphany about Wonder Woman 2. I was like, you don’t have to do this. It doesn’t have to be a foregone conclusion that you do Wonder Woman 2. But then as I was falling asleep I had an epiphany. I was like, Wait a minute. You have the greatest character of all time that you love dearly, with a cast that you love sitting at the palm of your hand at this day and age — you can do whatever you want with them — are you crazy? And then I suddenly realized, it’s not more, it’s another movie. It’s its own movie. And it’s got to be great. It’s a continuation of the same character, but there’s a great, entirely different story to be told. With this character in our—in the world, that’s fun, because now she exists, just funny, and also says something profound about the world we’re in right now.”

Wonder Woman was produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder, with Richard Suckle, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Rebecca Roven serving as executive producers. The film stars Gal Gadot (The Fast and the Furious films, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice), Chris Pine (Star Trek), Robin Wright (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Netflix‘s House of Cards), Danny Huston (Clash of the Titans, X-Men Origins: Wolverine), Ewen Bremner (Exodus: Gods and Kings, Snowpiercer), Saïd Taghmaoui (American Hustle), Elena Anaya (The Skin I Live In), Connie Nielsen (Gladiator, Nymphomaniac: Vol. I) and Lucy Davis (Shaun of the Dead).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Newsarama:

Report: WONDER WOMAN 2 vs. 1980s Soviets, With a Little Help From ... STEVE TREVOR?

By Chris Arrant, Editor July 11, 2017 06:36am ET

The second Wonder Woman film is currently planned to take place in the 1980s, pitting Diana against the Soviet Union during the Cold War, according to ScreenRant. Adding to that, Chris Pine’s Steve Trevor is slated to return in these plans – despite his presumed death (although, admittedly open-ended) at the end of the first film. (Shades of Winter Soldier? Nah… )

DC Entertainment Chief Creative Office/President (and Wonder Woman co-writer) Geoff Johns has previously stated that he is working with director Patty Jenkins on the script for the film, despite Jenkins not yet signing on to direct the sequel.

No release date for the second Wonder Woman film has been announced, although Warner Bros. has earmarked November 1, 2019 and July 24, 2020 for unspecified DC Films’ releases.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:54 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

It’s Official! Wonder Woman 2 Release Date Set

SuperHeroHype

Jul 25, 2017

While the return of director Patty Jenkins has yet to be fully confirmed by the studio, Warner Bros. Pictures has nevertheless set the Wonder Woman 2 release date for December 13, 2019. Gal Gadot is set to reprise her role as the DC Comics heroine. To date, Wonder Woman has grossed more than $780 million at the worldwide box office.

The new Wonder Woman 2 release date has it as the first release to claim that December 13 date, arriving almost a full year after James Wan’s Aquaman (in theaters December 21, 2018). Fans will next get to see Wonder Woman in this year’s Justice League, in theaters November 17.

In addition to Gadot, the first Wonder Woman film stars Chris Pine (Star Trek), Robin Wright (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Netflix‘s House of Cards), Ewen Bremner (Exodus: Gods and Kings, Snowpiercer), Saïd Taghmaoui (American Hustle), Elena Anaya (The Skin I Live In), Connie Nielsen (Gladiator, Nymphomaniac: Vol. I) and Lucy Davis (Shaun of the Dead).

Wonder Woman was produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder, with Richard Suckle, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Rebecca Roven serving as executive producers.

The Wonder Woman 2 release date announcement arrives on the heels of two different mystery DC Comics movies that were added to the WB 2020 slate. The first will hit on Valentine’s Day (February 14), while the other is set for June 5, 2020.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5-_EGfcHw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:13 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Release date moved up to November 1, 2019 to keep out of the way of Star Wars IX which has been moved from May to December.