All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel's The Punisher Season 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:11 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/daredevil-char ... 16763.html

The Punisher Gets Netflix Nod As 'Daredevil' Spinoff
Deadline
January 16, 2016

The Punisher, actor Jon Bernthal’s character from Netflix’s Daredevil, will get his own Netflix spinoff series from Marvel, Deadline has confirmed. The character makes his debut when Daredevil begins its second season March 18. No date has been set for The Punisher bow, which was first reported by TVLine.

At New York’s Comic Con in October, Bernthal (The Walkng Dead) called the Punisher “an iconic character who people care an enormous amount about.” He told reporters the character also known as Frank Castle particularly resonates with the military and people in law enforcement. “I know a lot of people really want us to get this right,” he said of the character’s arrival on Daredevil, “and all I can say is the people around me are really wonderful, and I’m just trying to keep up with them.”

Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Punisher
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:48 pm 
Mint on Card

I love the Punisher character, and I'm glad it got its own series, and I hope that means that Daredevil season 2 tested well enough with whoever it had to to warrant a Punisher spinoff, but I have to agree with, I think it was Fone that said it, if they don't start weaving the tv characters into the MCU proper, there's really no point in considering it part of the MCU. I think it's bizarre that there's a Daredevil and a Punisher and a Kingpin and a Mockingbird in the "Cinematic Universe" that are left out of the Cinematic Universe more than Ant-Man and the GotG. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE those movies and the actors who played those characters, but it seems like if Marvel has the rights to some of the bigger characters they should really be using them. It's not like Charlie Cox could possibly cost more to cameo in a movie than Paul Rudd or Vin Diesel cost to put in starring roles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:36 pm 
Real Flotating Action!

The weird thing is when Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted, I had no idea it would be an issue. I assumed they'd work the TV and movie backgrounds out together because Marvel was crushing it as far as synergy was concerned when that show debuted. Now with Joss Whedon's assholish statements that AoS and Winter Soldier aren't canon, I'm starting to see the left hand really doesn't know what the right is doing. Synergy is Marvel's biggest selling point, but if they aren't actually going to do it, the pretense of the Cinematic and TV worlds falls apart.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jeph Loeb Squashes Punisher Spin-Off Reports

SuperHeroHype

Feb 23, 2016

Last month, it was reported that streaming site Netflix was very close to green lighting a spin-off of Marvel’s Daredevil focusing on Jon Bernthal’s character Frank Castle, AKA The Punisher. Now, however, Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb says that it may not be so.

“I think that’s something that people are speculating on, as opposed to something that’s actually happening,” Loeb told Digital Spy. “It’s certainly our hope that any of our characters will be embraced and that people want to see more of them.”

Loeb did admit to being surprised by the renewal of Marvel’s Jessica Jones, meaning perhaps a Punisher spin-off if still in the cards.

“When they announced that Jessica Jones was getting a second season, every single report said, ‘It should come as a surprise to no one that Jessica Jones has received a second season order.’ I’m the guy going, ‘Well, it was a surprise to me!’ It isn’t a given in television. The fact that we get to continue telling stories with these characters speaks a lot about the quality of the storytelling and the acting and the writing. We are telling the best stories that we can at Netflix, and they seem to be responding to it.”

Bernthal will make his debut as the gun-toting vigilante in the second season of Marvel’s Daredevil.

“I can tell you that this guy, horrible tragic things happen, and we will see how he goes through that,” he previously said. “The effect the other characters have on him will push him certain directions. I think once you see these characters collide, it’s tremendously interesting and emotionally gripping as well. It’s going to be a special season. If you thought last season of Daredevil was dark, we’re going to a whole new place.”

Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2 will premiere worldwide on Netflix March 18.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 pm 
Mint on Card

SDcomics wrote:
" If you thought last season of Daredevil was dark, we’re going to a whole new place.”

Yusss...

Sucks that it's not a go for the Punisher, but if Jessica Jones can get a season 2, which also surprised me, then I'd be surprised if Castle doesn't get his own show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:53 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Punisher Spin-Off Officially Ordered at Netflix!

SuperHeroHype

Apr 29, 2016

Earlier this year, it was reported that Netflix was developing a Punisher spin-off, set to focus on Jon Bernthal’s gun-toting vigilante from Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2. The report was met with caution from Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb, but now Marvel and Netflix have made it official!

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Frank Castle in the series with Hannibal executive producer Steve Lightfoot set to serve as the series’ showrunner.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,’” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring ‘Marvel’s The Punisher’ to Netflix.”

“Jon hooked our global audience with his performance as Frank Castle from the moment he stepped on screen in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,’ and we are looking forward to seeing more of him in this role under the vision of Steve Lightfoot,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix Vice President of Original Content.

“For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Steve Lightfoot. “After watching Jon’s performance in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”

The collaboration between Marvel Entertainment and Netflix has already produced two seasons of Marvel’s Daredevil and the very well-received first season of Marvel’s Jessica Jones, of which a second season has also been ordered. Marvel’s Luke Cage will premiere on the streaming service this September with Marvel’s Iron Fist currently in production and the culminating event, Marvel’s The Defenders, set to begin production at the end of the year. It’s unclear when The Punisher spin-off series would begin production or premiere, though it’s likely that it will arrive after The Defenders mini-series.

Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Punisher Season 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm guessing that filming has finished on this by now, has there been any more news recently?...

Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Punisher Season 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Den of Geek:

The Punisher Netflix Release Date, Cast, and Everything We Know