Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hellboy 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Could Hellboy 3 Find a Home at Legendary?

by SuperHeroHype

June 30, 2013

Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman sat down with Legendary Pictures head Thomas Tull last night, a break from the San Francisco-based weekend press tour for Pacific Rim.

Del Toro told Ryan Turek of ShockTillYouDrop.com this morning during their one-on-one chat that Perlman brought up the prospect of Hellboy 3. "I hate giving pieces about it, but last night, we were at dinner and Ron said, 'I would be very happy to do Hellboy again, when are we doing Hellboy 3?' Thomas [Tull] said, 'I would love to see Hellboy 3.' He didn't say he would love to do it he just said he'd like to see it, but today, I'll ask him."

Later this morning, Shock spoke with Perlman, who agreed Legendary would be a great home for the final chapter in the Hellboy legacy.

"Not just anybody can make this movie," Perlman said. "I loved working for Legendary and I know for Guillermo working on Pacific Rim was one of his greatest experiences. The reason I loved working for them is because Guillermo was so happy. I came in six months into the shoot and he seemed as fresh as a daisy, simply because he was working for someone who appreciated and supported his outlandish visions of what he wanted to put on the screen. My immediate, silent wish was, wouldn't it be great if these guys came in and helped resolve the Hellboy series."

Look for more with Perlman about the potential for a Hellboy III over on ShockTillYouDrop.com.

Post subject: Re: Hellboy 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:03 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ron Perlman Thinks Hellboy 3 is Epic, Could Kill Him

by SuperHeroHype

July 01, 2013

Picking up where ShockTillYouDrop.com left off yesterday in their chat with Ron Perlman concerning Hellboy 3, they also shared his thoughts on the final chapter in the trilogy, should it ever get made.

Perlman tells the site that he thinks Legendary Pictures is the perfect home for the sequel, citing their positive working relationship with Guillermo del Toro as one reason why. What's the other?

"[Hellboy 3] needs to be twice as big as Hellboy 1 or Hellboy 2. It's all of these oracles coming home to roost with these apocalyptic things taking place," Perlman said.

"Guillermo's version of this resolve in the trilogy is epic in scope. Not just anybody can make this movie. It has to be somebody who's no stranger to this sense of scope."

Perlman went on to add: "For me to do Hellboy 3, it could kill me - in terms of physically demanding, for a guy my age, but it's worth it because anyone who sits and listens to Guillermo's version of how this thing ends is completely seduced. It's so theatrical and compelling and if you liked the first two movies in any way, shape or form, this is the ultimate one-two punch."

Clearly, the creative elements are in place and Perlman's enthusiasm hasn't diminished, so who is going to step up and get this film made?