Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thor: The Dark World
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Which one was he again? The bald guy or the cool guy who was the Doctor for several seasons? (Not the newest guy, I know that much).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:32 pm 
5" Scale

He was my first Doctor and still one of my favorites. Kind of wish we had gotten a couple of season with him, but I heard he did it as a favor to a friend on the show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:45 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Tom Hiddleston Teases Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

August 06, 2012

In an interview with Total Film magazine, Tom Hiddleston teased Thor: The Dark World. The actor said, “I don't want to give too much away. But I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Alan Taylor's vision of Thor 2 is utterly brilliant. The journey continues in the most epic dimension and proportion imaginable. It's very, very exciting."

Sounds great to us! The November 8, 2013 sequel stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi, Stellan Skarsgard and Christopher Eccleston.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:53 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Kat Dennings Back for Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

August 21, 2012

Kat Dennings is set to reprise her role as Darcy Lewis in Marvel Studios' Thor: The Dark World, Deadline reports. What's more, they're saying that the character will be given an expanded role in the November 8, 2013 release.

Dennings, who now stars on CBS' "Two Broke Girls," joins returning cast members Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Stellan Skarsgard and Idris Elba as well as newcomers Zachary Levi and Christopher Eccleston.

Written by Robert Rodat and Don Payne, the film is planning to enter production this fall in London with Alan Taylor directing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor 2 Lands Another Villain

by SuperHeroHype

August 22, 2012

Variety is reporting that actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will be taking on two villain roles, sort of, for the upcoming Marvel Studios film Thor: The Dark World. He will be portraying Algrim the Strong and Kurse.

Algrim first appeared in Thor #347 and was one of the most powerful of the dark elves. He is given the task of killing Thor by Malekith the Accursed (set to be played by Christopher Eccleston). He is betrayed by Malekith who tries to kill Thor by allowing both the god of thunder and Algrim to fall to their deaths. While both survived, Algrim developed amnesia from the event and is transformed into the much more powerful being Kurse.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has appeared on screen in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, The Bourne Identity, and played Mr. Eko on "Lost."

Thor: The Dark World reunites Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is stepping behind the camera for its November 8, 2013 release date.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:11 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Set Photos Emerge for Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

September 11, 2012

Thor: The Dark World is shooting in Bourne Wood, Surrey and up until now we've only seen snap shots of the set pieces without actors or crew around them. Now The Daily Mail (link 1, link 2) and Splash News have photos of a scene being filmed for the movie up on their sites. We can't post them here due to copyright reasons, but you can view all of them at the links above.

We posted some details about the scene being filmed at this location a few months ago. A letter sent by the production included this (Spoiler Ahead!):
Spoiler: show
"The sequence involves a battle between two kingdoms, ending in our comic book hero arriving to save the day. The sequence will involve a substantial amount of Stunts and controlled special effects all within the hours 0700 - 1900hrs."

Thor: The Dark World reunites Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is stepping behind the camera for its November 8, 2013 release date.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Photos From the Thor: The Dark World Set!

by SuperHeroHype

September 11, 2012

ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype.com have received more photos of today's filming for Thor: The Dark World in Bourne Wood, Surrey. You can view the photos by clicking here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I am really excited for this one. They've lined up an all star cast, and picked a great storyline (in my opinion). Woo hoo!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:41 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
Which one was he again? The bald guy or the cool guy who was the Doctor for several seasons? (Not the newest guy, I know that much).

It would have been easier to just say Destro...easier than telling one Doctor from another (unless theres a scarf involved)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Watch a Video From the Thor: The Dark World Set!

by SuperHeroHype

September 12, 2012

The past few days have been full of set photos for the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Thor: The Dark World and if you've already seen all those photos, we've got one better for you. From Splash News comes this video of the scene they've been filming for the past few days in Bourne Wood, Surrey. Check it out below!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

HA! I know who the scarf guy is . . . Tom Baker. Best doctor ever.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Shellhead wrote:
HA! I know who the scarf guy is . . .

You should.... anyone into sci-fi who doesn't know this one... I always wonder about :lol:

Shellhead wrote:
Tom Baker. Best doctor ever.

Debate for another time :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:05 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yeah let's not go down that road Shell. :D We don't want any fist fights starting.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor: The Dark World Adds Two

by SuperHeroHype

September 24, 2012

Richard Brake and Clive Russell have both been added to the cast of the upcoming Thor: The Dark World, Deadline reports. They join Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi, Stellan Skarsgard, Christopher Eccleston, Kat Dennings and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje in the Alan Taylor film.

Brake is well-known to comic book fans for playing Joe Chill in Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins. In the Marvel Universe, he'll play a Captain in the Einherjar, an army of elite warriors assembled by Odin to protect Asgard. Russell, meanwhile, is soon set to star on "Game of Thrones" and, in Thor, will play Tyr, the God of War. Another son of Odin, Tyr, in the comics, was the defender of Asgard before Thor took his place and harbors some jealously towards his brother.

Thor: The Dark World is set for release on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chris Evans Wants to be in Thor 2

by SuperHeroHype

September 18, 2012

This might just be wishful thinking, but at least it's one of Marvel's golden boys doing it and not us fans - Chris Evans really wants to show up in Thor: The Dark World.

When talking to Collider about his six film contract with Marvel, Evans said this: “[Chris] Hemsworth and I even talked about that. I would love to do a little thing in Thor 2. It is obviously going to be tricky trying to work out the plot, the reason why I am not there to help him, and why he is not there to help me. But the best thing about Marvel is that, like I said, the movies were so good and we had such a good time making them.”

Maybe it'll happen? If Marvel can figure out a way for it to work we really hope they take advantage of it, but with the Thor sequel full on in production in England, it seems like a long shot. We will keep our fingers crossed, however.

Directed by Alan Taylor, the Thor sequel is now filming for a November 8, 2013 release with The Russo Brothers stepping behind the camera for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, scheduled for an April 4, 2014 release.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next