Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Matrix 4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Matrix 4 and 5 in the Works

Keanu Reeves reveals that the Wachowskis have written script treatments for two sequels.

UK, January 24, 2011

by Chris Tilly IGN UK

Well this one came out of left-field. While attending a U.K. event to promote latest film Henry's Crime, Keanu Reeves revealed that the Wachowskis are planning two more Matrix movies.

According to AICN, Reeves met with the Wachowskis over Christmas, at which time they announced that they had "completed work on a two-picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of The Matrix as Neo."

The pair have already met with James Cameron to discuss the potential use of 3D, with Keanu claiming that they will be looking to shoot a movie that will revolutionise the action genre in the same way the original did.

The team will apparently talk again once the Wachowskis have finished work on their long-gestating adaptation of Cloud Atlas, but this is certainly exciting news for fans of the franchise.

Head here for the full story, plus news of Bill and Ted 3 and Reeves' next film, 47 Ronin.

Post subject: Re: Matrix 4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:26 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Good. Maybe they can erase some of the craptacular events of the second and third movies lol.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:45 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I've always thought that the second movie was actually pretty good. No where near the quality of the first, but I enjoyed myself and went to see it twice.

Now the third one . . . well, the less said about that, the better. :roll:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 am 
3 3/4"

Shellhead wrote:
I've always thought that the second movie was actually pretty good. No where near the quality of the first, but I enjoyed myself and went to see it twice.

Now the third one . . . well, the less said about that, the better. :roll:

I tend to agree. Reloaded was okay. The special features on the box set go a long way in helping to at least appreciate what they were trying to do with the sequels philosophically but it still doesn't make them great. I've reached the point where I can watch Revolutions and even defend the ending and the concept but... I still don't like it. :roll:

Love the first one though. Still fond of that universe too so this news interests me. Keanu's getting up there in age though. Better do it fast.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Is a New Matrix Trilogy on the Way?

SuperHeroHype

Feb 28, 2014

Are the Wachowskis working on a new "Matrix" trilogy? That's the rumor coming from Latino Review, who say that the Jupiter Ascending filmmakers are returning to the franchise which brought in $1.632 billion for Warner Bros. Pictures.

It's been over 10 years since the last film hit theaters. The Matrix, starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss and Hugo Weaving, opened in theaters in 1999 and was followed by both The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions in 2003.

According to the site: "We’ve been told that the Wachowski’s have already started the writing process with early treatments and outlines already turned into the studio. No word if they will want to direct but my money says “Claro que Si!”…

The derisive ending of the original Matrix trilogy include the bearded Architect suggesting that Neo wasn’t the first “One,” opening the story world for prequels."

What do you think? Would you want to see more stories from the world of "The Matrix"?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:15 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I don't care whether anymore Matrix movies get made or not. If the trailers look good, I may see it. What I don't want is another thread to devolve into name-calling. :|

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:20 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

alcinde4 wrote:
I don't care whether anymore Matrix movies get made or not. If the trailers look good, I may see it. What I don't want is another thread to devolve into name-calling. :|

Remember when this board used to be about Toys and being geeky--

I don't see why every single thing now, no matter what the original topic was, has to evolve into some debate on politics, or lifestyle choice, or the socio-economic status of everyone on here. I'm usually all for speaking our mind (and jumping off track a little bit)-- but this is becoming very tiresome as of late... I really wish everyone would stop taking offense to everything that anyone says and applying it to their own life and an attack on them-- and leave all those debates for twitter- or some other useless social media... not a toy forum.

It really is becoming tiresome (although I will admit some of the more absurd ones are amusing) -- to the point that I may have to put a bunch of people on my blocked list (from both sides), (its becoming like reading the comment section on Shortpacked)