It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Muppets Most Wanted
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Another Muppets Film is on the Way!

Source: ComingSoon

March 1, 2012

Fans of The Muppets should be very pleased to hear that a sequel to last year's film is on the way. Word breaks through Vulture, where it is said that director James Bobin and writer Nicholas Stoller are set to return behind the camera.

Unfortunately, co-writer and leading man Jason Segel's involvement is not so certain as prior commitments are preventing him from being involved in the pre-production stage. Whether or not he or any of the other cast of last year's film return as actors remains to be seen.

In the meantime, Muppet-lovers can look forward to the March 20th release of the DVD and Blu-ray of the recent film, now officially an Academy Award winner thanks to songwriter Bret McKenzie and his "Man or Muppet?".

Post subject: Re: Muppets 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 pm 
5th Horseman

Can't wait for another Muppet Movie bring it on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jason Segel Not Returning for Muppets Sequel

March 4, 2012

A few days ago, it was reported by Vulture that Walt Disney Picture were moving forward with a sequel to their 2011 movie The Muppets, although it was stated "co-writer and leading man Jason Segel's involvement is not so certain as prior commitments are preventing him from being involved in the pre-production stage."

Collider had a chance to talk to Jason Segel earlier today at the press day for Segel's new movie Jeff Who Lives at Home and they confirmed that Segel not only won't be returning as a writer for the sequel but also may not be appearing in the movie at all.

This may come as a surprise to regular ComingSoon.net readers who know what a big fan Segal has been of the Muppets since childhood, as well as how many years he spent trying to bring the Muppets back to the big screen.

When asked about this decision, he said it was "totally amicable," telling them:

"My goal was to bring The Muppets back and I did that leaving them in very good hands, my writing partner and James Bobin the director. All I wanted to do was to set the stage for them to do whatever they wanted. I did what I set out to do, and now I wanna pursue more human-related projects. I’m sure I’ll return in some capacity here and there, but that was half a decade of my life. Five years of hard work. I’m ready for a little puppet break.”

You can watch the "Muppets"-related section of Collider's interview with Segel here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:01 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Segel on Not Returning for Muppets 2

The funnyman won't even do a cameo.

April 17, 2012

We knew Jason Segel wasn't coming back to star in The Muppets 2, but the comedy star says he won't even cameo in it.

In a chat with The Playlist, Segel was asked about the sequel and flat-out said "no cameo."

"It was a very distinct choice on my part. Of course I was asked to do it. I did exactly what I set out to do, if that makes any sense. My goal was never to take over the helm over The Muppets. They have people who are better equipped for that," said Segel.

He added, "I loved working on The Muppets but, you know, it took me six, seven years. That's a lot of time working with puppets. I think I enjoy acting too much to repeat myself in any way. Muppets 2 would feel like repeating myself and I feel like maybe there would be no upside for me either. Well, it wasn't as good as the first. I know where to leave it."

Segel may not be coming back, but Disney has reportedly signed the original film's director, James Bobin, and co-screenwriter Nicholas Stoller to work on the sequel.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:18 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Doesn't Segal basically play the same character in everything he does?

He is constantly "repeating himself" whether it has a 2 attached to the title or not ...

whatever, at least we are getting more Muppets

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:54 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Doesn't Segal basically play the same character in everything he does?

Honestly no more than any other actor these days (especially any one from Apatow's stable.) But im from the school of if it aint broke- dont fix it-- (like when Sandler or Will Ferrell try to do some dramatic role.).

However as much as he was devoted to the original product-- I think there might be some behind the scenes stuff going on he doesnt want to talk about-- maye those comments from the original muppeteers hurt more than he wants to admit..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:12 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Disney Reveals Early Art for The Muppets 2

April 24, 2012

As revealed last month, Walt Disney Pictures is moving forward with a sequel to last year's The Muppets. Today, they've revealed through Facebook a piece of early art that you can check out below!

Director James Bobin and writer Nicholas Stoller are set to return behind the camera, though Jason Segel will not be back as the star.

"We kind of felt like we completed Gary's story in the first one," Stoller told ComingSoon.net in an interview posted earlier today, "and he's mostly interested in writing stuff for him to be in, which makes sense, right? He didn't want to go on and write the next one. I was like, 'Do you care if I do it with James?' He's like, 'Of course not.'"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ricky Gervais in Talks to Lead The Muppets Sequel

December 17, 2012

Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming sequel to their 2011 The Muppets appears to have found its human lead. The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Ricky Gervais is in talks to star. He'd join the just-confirmed Ty Burell, who will play an Interpol agent.

Director James Bobin and writer Nicholas Stoller are set to return behind the camera, but Jason Segel will not be back as the star. Gervais' character (which is still unknown) will likely fill in as a similar style of leading man.

"We kind of felt like we completed Gary's story in the first one," Stoller told ComingSoon.net in a recent interview, "and he's mostly interested in writing stuff for him to be in, which makes sense, right? He didn't want to go on and write the next one. I was like, 'Do you care if I do it with James?' He's like, 'Of course not.'"

Currently involved in quite a few television projects, Gervais last appeared on the big screen in 2009's The Invention of Lying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Tina Fey Eyes Role in The Muppets Sequel

January 8, 2013

Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming sequel to their 2011 The Muppets appears to have found a female lead. The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Tina Fey is in talks to star opposite the already-attached Ricky Gervais and Ty Burell. She would play a guard from a Russian Gulag.

Director James Bobin and writer Nicholas Stoller are set to return behind the camera, but Jason Segel will not be returning. Gervais' character (which is still unknown) will likely fill in as a similar style of leading man.

Fey previous starred alongside Gervais in 2009's The Invention of Lying.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Muppets...Again is Now Muppets Most Wanted, Planes: Fire and Rescue Announced

June 13, 2013

Walt Disney Pictures has revised its upcoming release schedule with some title changes and new film announcements. You can read about two newly-scheduled Marvel Studios films by clicking here and learn about the rest of the new calendar below:

Formerly titled The Muppets... Again!, the James Bobin-directed film will now see release as Muppets Most Wanted on March 21, 2014.

A newly-announced sequel to this year's Planes, titled Planes: Fire & Rescue, will see a 3D release on July 18, 2014.

Saving Mr. Banks will now open in a limited release one week early on December 13 of this year. The wide release remains unchanged.

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is now officially dated for October 10, 2014.

Brad Bird's Tomorrowland moves one week earlier, receiving a wide release on December 12, 2014.

Rob Marshall's Into the Woods is slated for December 25, 2014.

Finally, Lasse Hallstrom's The Hundred-Foot Journey lands August 8, 2014 with Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake producing.

Post subject: Re: Muppets Most Wanted
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z4s_IVAEq0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

dammit. I don't know how to do this. anyway, theres a teaser trailer up for this movie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

shishalzafrazz wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z4s_IVAEq0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

dammit. I don't know how to do this. anyway, theres a teaser trailer up for this movie.

Lemme help.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:12 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Well .... the Great Muppet Caper it ain't, but I'll still be taking my son to see it as soon as it is released.

:wink: