Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: John Carter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:26 pm 
5" Scale

That score is awful. Hopefully word of mouth does the movie well. I can tell you that my theater was packed for the 2D at 4:30pm. When I went in earlier to watch Phantom Menace folks were consistently picking up tickets for the 3D showing at 12:25. While me and two other guys were in the theater for Phantom Menace :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:15 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

I thought it was great. Really enjoyed it. A lot.

My friend described it best:

It's like Star Wars and Flash Gordon had a baby but the baby never poops or cries and it sleeps at night all night through.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
So I got this on BD back on Tuesday and man it still was as cool as it was when I saw it in the theater. I am so sad that people were so hard on this very well done movie and didn't enjoy it for what it was. I mean the Special FX, acting, action, story, just everything was so well done. Also had it not been for these books... I feel Superman, Star Wars, Avatar, and essentially most of all the Sci-/fiction/Fantasy we enjoy today would not be what it is.
Anyways I still recommend seeing this movie (this coming from someone who had never read any of the original books,) I had only heard of John Carter a few years before the movie was even announced, but I became more interested when it was said a John Carter of Mars movie was coming... all I thought was Mars+19th century soldier with enhanced abilities=cool, but then when I saw the actual movie I was like "wow! Now that is an awesome movie!"

D.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

What a great movie.

Whether it had "Mars" in the title or not.

I sincerely hope that movie producers start to realize that a movie's success is no longer exclusively tied to the theatres and looks at Blu-Ra/DVD as the leading trend in a movies life.

This is a perfect example of how a great movie won't be embraced en masse until it is seen at home.

Which is a shame because the beauty and spectacle of it would really be done justice on the big screen.

Go get it, rent it, buy it, whatever. Just see it. So well done and so much more to come (I hope)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
What a great movie.

Whether it had "Mars" in the title or not.

I sincerely hope that movie producers start to realize that a movie's success is no longer exclusively tied to the theatres and looks at Blu-Ra/DVD as the leading trend in a movies life.

This is a perfect example of how a great movie won't be embraced en masse until it is seen at home.

Which is a shame because the beauty and spectacle of it would really be done justice on the big screen.

Go get it, rent it, buy it, whatever. Just see it. So well done and so much more to come (I hope)

I completely agree, I want more films from the book series. Oh and I forgot to say how great a job the director did considering this is his first live action gig, (though the movie was 90% CGI ;) ... he still did an excellent job none the less... as did all of the cast and crew.)

D.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 pm 
Damage Control

I picked this movie up on Friday, and watched it 4x already, witch is weird for me cause I normally one watch a movie once or twice when I first get them. Only other movie I watched as much was Avatar, and that's one of my favorite moves now! JC reminds feels just as good to me as Avatar did, and I waiting on sequels from both of them!
It is a shame it didn't sale that well in the theaters, but I got to admit, I wasn't blown away by either movie trailers! But once I got them at home, I instantly fell in love with both!!!!

L.O.D.