Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The CW's Arrow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:20 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Good version of Firefly.
Spoiler: show
Don't think they should have killed him off though.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Alex Kingston Cast as Laurel Lance's Mother in Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

January 22, 2013

EW has learned that Katie Cassidy's character, Laurel Lance, will get a surprise visit from her mother on The CW's Arrow. "Doctor Who" actress Alex Kingston has landed the role of Dinah Lance and will make an appearance in the series later on this season. The reason behind the character's return is said to be "to make amends with her family that she abandoned years earlier following the tragic death of her daughter aboard Oliver Queen’s yacht."

Dinah Lance was the original Black Canary in Golden Age DC comics and eventually handed it off to her daughter. Whether she or her daughter will take up this mantel in the series remains to be seen.

Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Deadshot Will Return on Arrow!

by SuperHeroHype

January 23, 2013

DC Comics' master assassin Deadshot appeared in one of the early episodes of The CW's Arrow and was presumed dead, but if you know the character then you'll remember how many times he's faked his death to get out of a situation.

TV Guide is reporting that the character will return in a future episode sometime this season. Deadshot will return in an episode titled "Dead to Rights," written by Geoff Johns, and will make another appearance later this season where he will face David Ramsey's character John Diggle.

Arrow airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Saw Trust but Verify. Not bad, but the bad guys excuse for doing what he did seemed kind of lame. Then I remembered where I heard it before: Sly Stallone said it in First Blood.

Can you say CHEEEEEESE. :roll:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Manu Bennett Talks Playing Deathstroke on Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

January 28, 2013

Spartacus actor Manu Bennett has joined the cast of Arrow as Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke. Previously playing a gladiator, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to play the ruthless mercenary, right? Bennett spoke with Access Hollywood about playing the role, which he found quite different.

"There's a very different style to Arrow than what there was to Spartacus. Even when I got there I had a discussion with the writer Andrew Kreisberg about what they wanted and they didn't want Crixus that's for sure, they wanted something original for the show. Arrow is reality based, it's here in the now....It's very fast moving action, it's a whole new techique that I'm learning with them. There's some simliatires (from Spartacus) in that I come onto the show against another strong character."

Bennett will first appear as the mercenary in the series' twelfth episode, titled "Betrayal," which airs February 6. Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Been waiting for him to show up outside of a flashback. :twisted:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject: Arrow "Vertigo" Review (Spoilers)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm 

I think the writers are seriously overestimating the audience's opinion of Thea. They clearly want us to think that she's a troubled girl who needs help and we're supposed to be rooting for her to get it. I don't feel that way at all and I'm betting I'm probably not the only one. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if the vast majority of the audience last night didn't think she belonged in jail and got away with murder I'd be shocked. What I saw was a spoiled rich girl who got away with driving under the influence, which is something I have to put in the top five list of most detestable crimes (behind child molesters and people who talk in the theater) and didn't take the situation seriously at all. And she shouldn't have. Because Oliver and Moira used their influence to practically buy her way out of that jam and basically taught her there are no real consequences to her dangerous actions. Oh sure, she can sheepishly say "I'm sorry" and start folding files for Laurel (Which by the way, is a JOB and not a punishment.) But I see no difference between her and the criminals Arrow puts away and the fact that he gives her special treatment because she's his sister makes me think a whole lot less of Ollie. Thea deserved to have the book thrown at her.

Notice how she still refuses to take responsibility for her actions and blames her mother for having an affair for supposedly driving her to do it. Do you know the absolute most messed up thing about that? Even if Moira HAD been having an affair that wouldn't have excused Thea's actions in the slightest. But Moira AND Oliver act like it would have anyways. They are serious enablers.

I have to ask the writers WHY they could possibly think seeing rich people get away with murder with no consequences whatsoever would be something people would root for. I have serious problems with the criminal justice system and the biggest is the disparate sentences given the to the rich and the poor. I don't think asking characters to have to live in the same world as the rest of us do is too much to ask for "heroes". In fact, because they are heroes the standards should be even higher.

I am frankly disgusted with this episode and this show. Even Seth Gabel couldn't save the episode for me. Even if Count Vertigo HAD been cooler I'd have hated the episode anyways.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

Post subject: Re: Arrow "Vertigo" Review (Spoilers)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Fone Bone wrote:
I think the writers are seriously overestimating the audience's opinion of Thea. They clearly want us to think that she's a troubled girl who needs help and we're supposed to be rooting for her to get it. I don't feel that way at all and I'm betting I'm probably not the only one. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if the vast majority of the audience last night didn't think she belonged in jail and got away with murder I'd be shocked. What I saw was a spoiled rich girl who got away with driving under the influence, which is something I have to put in the top five list of most detestable crimes (behind child molesters and people who talk in the theater) and didn't take the situation seriously at all. And she shouldn't have. Because Oliver and Moira used their influence to practically buy her way out of that jam and basically taught her there are no real consequences to her dangerous actions. Oh sure, she can sheepishly say "I'm sorry" and start folding files for Laurel (Which by the way, is a JOB and not a punishment.) But I see no difference between her and the criminals Arrow puts away and the fact that he gives her special treatment because she's his sister makes me think a whole lot less of Ollie. Thea deserved to have the book thrown at her.

Notice how she still refuses to take responsibility for her actions and blames her mother for having an affair for supposedly driving her to do it. Do you know the absolute most messed up thing about that? Even if Moira HAD been having an affair that wouldn't have excused Thea's actions in the slightest. But Moira AND Oliver act like it would have anyways. They are serious enablers.

I have to ask the writers WHY they could possibly think seeing rich people get away with murder with no consequences whatsoever would be something people would root for. I have serious problems with the criminal justice system and the biggest is the disparate sentences given the to the rich and the poor. I don't think asking characters to have to live in the same world as the rest of us do is too much to ask for "heroes". In fact, because they are heroes the standards should be even higher.

I am frankly disgusted with this episode and this show. Even Seth Gabel couldn't save the episode for me. Even if Count Vertigo HAD been cooler I'd have hated the episode anyways.

Ok, her nickname is Speedy. Does that mean we get to see her in red? I think the writers may be leading somewhere. Arrow is attacking everyone but his own family, even though he knows they are guilty, especially Mommy Queen. He needs someone to 'run' the family so he doesn't have to and can run around playing hero.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post subject: Re: Arrow "Vertigo" Review (Spoilers)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm 

LordMudd wrote:
Ok, her nickname is Speedy. Does that mean we get to see her in red? I think the writers may be leading somewhere. Arrow is attacking everyone but his own family, even though he knows they are guilty, especially Mommy Queen. He needs someone to 'run' the family so he doesn't have to and can run around playing hero.

CCC.

The thing I really resent about Oliver giving Thea and Moira passes this week is that just last week he was lecturing Diggle about the importance of the mission and refusing to cut Dig's friend any breaks. Sure, he turned out to be guilty, but he just as easily could have been innocent and Oliver was giving Dig a lesson in ethics that he obviously couldn't follow himself. I am fed up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I think you're taking it WAY too seriously. It is actually more realistic that she got off. Rich people do that all the time in real life, anyway. If she had had the book thrown at her, it would have come across as sappy "Leave it to Beaver" black/white fiction. The real world is full of grays, therefore the our fictionalized entertainment of that world should be as well.

On the other hand, I kinda like the fact Ollie is very flawed. I mean, he kills people, for crying out loud! Maybe if I was a bigger GA fan, I'd be more upset that he's acting out of character.

Or, maybe, just maybe, they're setting him up for a fall. :twisted:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Roy Harper's Introduction to Arrow Revealed

by SuperHeroHype

February 01, 2013

The character will appear in a few weeks

Warning: Potential spoilers for Arrow.

Last year, we reported that Oliver Queen's long time comic book side-kick Roy Harper would be making an appearance on The CW's Green Arrow TV series Arrow. Colton Haynes of "Teen Wolf: will be playing the character, who is described as "a street-savvy, teenager" from the "poverty-stricken portion of Starling City." He will also serve as a love interest for Thea Queen (Willa Holland), which makes sense given Thea bears Harper's nickname from the comic books ('Speedy').

We've now learned that Harper will appear in the 15th episode of the series, titled "Dodger," which airs on February 20, and will be introduced in a rather unorthodox way. You can read the episode description below:

Felicity tells Oliver he’s all work and no play, so he asks Detective McKenna (guest star Janina Gavankar) on a date. A jewel thief named Dodger (guest star James Callis) hits Starling City and targets someone very close to Oliver. Meanwhile, while working with Laurel, Thea gets her purse stolen by a very fast pickpocket named Roy Harper. Moira makes a move against Malcom.

It has yet to be revealed if Harper will ever team up with Queen like in the source material, but with an introduction like this, it stands to reason that he will meet 'the archer' soon enough.

Arrow airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:25 am 

Shellhead wrote:
I think you're taking it WAY too seriously. It is actually more realistic that she got off. Rich people do that all the time in real life, anyway. If she had had the book thrown at her, it would have come across as sappy "Leave it to Beaver" black/white fiction. The real world is full of grays, therefore the our fictionalized entertainment of that world should be as well.

How is getting away with DUI a gray area? It's frickin' disgusting and there is nothing morally gray about it.

I think it would have been better for the kids in the audience if they had just never had her do it instead of letting her off the hook like that. It's a piss-poor message. Period.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next