Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: The Walking Dead Season 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

AMC Announces 16 Episode Order for The Walking Dead Season 3

by SuperHeroHype

January 15, 2012

AMC announced from the Television Critics Association (TCA) Press Tour in Pasadena, CA that the third season of "The Walking Dead" will consist of 16 episodes. Previous season orders were for 13 episodes. AMC's international broadcast partner FOX International Channels (FIC) will follow the 16 episode order and structure a similar schedule worldwide. More from the press release...

Season two of the critically acclaimed global hit series continues to deliver the strongest telecasts for any drama in basic cable history against Adults 18-49, as well as, top international pay-TV ratings on Fox International Channels' (FIC) major markets. "The Walking Dead" is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. Glen Mazzara serves as series' showrunner and executive producer. Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert and Frank Darabont are executive producers with Greg Nicotero as co-executive producer.

"The Walking Dead" has received rave reviews from countless critics, both domestic and international, who heralded the series as "above all else, 'The Walking Dead' hasn't lost the most important ingredient in its strangely successful recipe: it's thrilling" (The Hollywood Reporter), "...with Dead's riveting cast of characters, the personal dynamics are almost as potent as the gory thrills" (Us Weekly), "'The Walking Dead' is a feast. Dig in." (The Guardian, UK), "It doesn't even take three minutes to realize that this series is setting standards" (Der Tagesspiegel, Germany).

"The Walking Dead" secured a 2010 Golden Globe(R) nomination for Best Television Series - Drama and won the 2011 Emmy(R) Award for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup. The series tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home.

Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead Season 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Better have the Governor. That's all I'm sayin'.

Less prison, too. The "safe harbor" angle has been just about played out this season.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Wanted: A Governor for The Walking Dead, Contenders Revealed
News

by ShockTillYouDrop

February 02, 2012

There's already speculation as to where The Walking Dead will head in season 3 and there's a good possibility we'll be seeing The Governor, the warped leader of a small community who causes a whole lot of trouble for Rick Grimes and his band of survivors.

If you're familiar with the comics, you know the story arc comes into play when Grimes and the others hole up in an abandoned prison (rumors say that is where season 3 is heading) and The Governor is one dude you do not want to mess with.

So, who are the producers eyeing for the role? Well, Tom Savini wants the part, however, in a recent interview, he revealed who one serious contender is.

In speaking to Movieweb, Savini said:

Listen, I have been campaigning to be the governor on that damn thing with Greg Nicotero for over a year. Everytime I see the graphic novel, and I see a picture of the governor, who looks just like me, I send Greg a picture. I just won't give up. Last time I talked to him about it, when I was in Los Angeles, he said they were going after a name for that part. I said, "Who?" He said John Hawkes. Well, I never heard of John Hawkes. But then he reminds me that we were in From Dusk Till Dawn together. He is the guy at the beginning in the store that fires on them. Apparently he was up for an Academy Award. He was up for something called Winter's Bone. That's whom they are going after for The Governor. But everyone I talk to, the people that read the graphic novels...They've all said that I would be the perfect governor. Because he is tough and brutal. And...I look just like the graphic depiction of him!

Who do you think is best for the part, Hawkes or Savini? While you debate, don't forget, The Walking Dead season 2 resumes February 12.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

David Morrissey Lands Governor Role in The Walking Dead

by SuperHeroHype

February 24, 2012

David Morrisey has landed a key role in the upcoming third season of AMC's "The Walking Dead," AMC has announced. He'll play The Governor, a character who made his debut in issue 27 of the original Image comic book series.

His real name Brian Blake, The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors. He becomes the chief antagonist for Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group.

The Governor will appear in "The Walking Dead" season three, a 16-episode order from AMC, which begins production this spring in Atlanta.

A BAFTA Award nominee, Morrissey has appeared in many acclaimed British series including "State of Play," "Meadowlands," "The Deal" and "Blackpool." Along with his work in television, Morrissey is also known for his leading roles in feature films such as The Reaping, The Other Boleyn Girl, Centurion, The Water Horse, Nowhere Boy and Blitz. He recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.

Currently in its second season, "The Walking Dead" airs Sundays at 9pm on AMC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:05 pm 
3 3/4"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607375/

He's BRITISH!!??

Looking over his IMDB page, he is the guy who played the fake Doctor in Doctor Who: the next doctor (cool episode though, odd thinking of him as the govenor though).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

zedhatch wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607375/

He's BRITISH!!??

So is Andrew Lincoln, the actor who plays Rick Grimes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:27 am 
3 3/4"

Oh I know, just making a joke out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:48 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Character & Actor Announced for Walking Dead Season 3 (Spoilers!)

by SuperHeroHype

March 18, 2012

If you haven't watched the season 2 finale of AMC's "The Walking Dead," please STOP READING NOW! We're serious, because we're about to announce the casting of a character who was introduced in that episode who may come as a surprise to some.

So last chance... MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!! DO NOT SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS POINT IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FINALE!

Spoiler: show
Tonight's Season Finale of AMC's "The Walking Dead" was full of surprises including a couple reveals in the last ten minutes that were likely to send fans of the comic books into spasms of excitement.

In a climactic scene as Laurie Holden's Andrea is about to get chomped by a zombie, she gets saved with the sword slice of a character every fan of the "Walking Dead" comic book has been waiting for since the series started. The camera pulls back to reveal a shadowy female figure in a cloak covering her face with two zombies chained to her, which is a pretty cool image in itself. Those who never read any of the comics were probably just wowed by that, but everyone who has read the comics knew immediately that this was Michonne, the bad-ass with a samurai sword who has proven herself to be tougher than most of the men trying to survive the zombie hordes.

Up until now, it's been kept a fairly guarded secret when she might be revealed, plus they have kept the identity of the actress who would eventually play her an even bigger secret, but during AMC's "Talking Dead" show that followed the season finale, "Walking Dead" creator and the show's executive producer Robert Kirkman revealed the identity of the actress who would play Michonne and it's...

Danai Gurira!!

The name may only be familiar if you watch HBO's New Orleans drama "Treme" because she's appeared on six episodes, but Ms. Gurira has been making small appearances on television shows and in movies for years. Getting the gig as Michonne is huge and is very likely to make her a household name if the show keeps doing as well for AMC as it has the last two seasons.

To tie into her introduction on the show, there's a six-page Michonne origin story in the April issue of Playboy Magazine on newsstands now.

Stay tuned for more information about the third season of "The Walking Dead" as it's announced but for now, you can read the official AMC press release about the casting of Michonne below:

AMC has cast actress Danai Gurira (Treme/The Visitor) in the coveted role of Michonne in its original series, “The Walking Dead.” Tonight’s season two finale first featured the iconic character who will reappear in season three of the AMC series. Michonne, a fan favorite from Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, is a mysterious woman armed with a sword.

“The Walking Dead” tells the story of the months and years after a zombie apocalypse, following a group of survivors who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The series goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by walkers, where the interpersonal conflicts often present a greater danger than anything else and over time, the characters grow willing to do almost anything to survive.

“The Walking Dead” received rave reviews from countless critics, both domestically and internationally. “Above all else, “The Walking Dead” hasn't lost the most important ingredient in its strangely successful recipe: it’s thrilling” (The Hollywood Reporter). “…with Dead’s riveting cast of characters, the personal dynamics are almost as potent as the gory thrills” (US Weekly). “The Walking Dead is a feast. Dig in.”(The Guardian- UK). “It doesn’t even take three minutes to realize that this series is setting standards” (Der Tagesspiegel-Germany).

“The Walking Dead” secured a 2010 Golden Globe nomination for best television series and won the 2011 Emmy award for outstanding prosthetic make-up. It is executive produced by Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, Robert Kirkman and Dave Alpert.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Danai Gurira On Playing Michonne in The Walking Dead Season 3

by ShockTillYouDrop

March 22, 2012

The season finale of The Walking Dead season 2 brought forth the news that actress Danai Gurira would play Michonne, the sword-wielding gal who is a fan favorite among those who read Robert Kirkman's comic book series.

We're going to be seeing a lot of Gurira and Michonne and, recently, THR caught up to the actress to discuss the exciting gig and her forthcoming character.

She told the outlet, "I'm going to develop that with [showrunner] Glen Mazzara and the whole creative team. They have their own take on the source material. I'm going to be meeting with them next week to get an understanding of what their take is and how she grows and develops. I'll find out the answer to that in the coming weeks in terms of exactly how she will map out with what she is in the books vs. what she will be on the screen."

She added, "I was trying to really investigate a character and allow her to have as much dimension as possible and crack it open even more. What you see through the writing and vision of the creator, you add to it by bringing your full humanity and by really delving into the character's background and their motives and fears, all those things can make a multidimensional character come to life. That's how I've been trained from the beginning and how I've created characters in the past on the stage or through my playwriting. I plan to bring all of that to the table to allow Michonne to be as rich and complex as possible. I'm excited to bring her to life as someone who really has a lot of life and a lot of complexity."

For more, head to this spot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Good gravy I can hardly wait.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:22 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con Gets Wild With Walking Dead Obstacle Course

by ShockTillYouDrop

May 16, 2012

Robert Kirkman, the creator/writer of The Walking Dead comic book series and graphic novels and Skybound announce their first event, The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego.

In conjunction with the release of The Walking Dead issue #100 at San Diego Comic-Con, the event takes place July 12 -15 at Petco Park, centrally located near the San Diego Convention Center. Registration is now open at TheWalkingDeadEscape.Com.

There are three ways to participate in this epic adventure. Participants can be a Survivor and race through the zombie infested evacuation zone; a Walker who becomes one of the undead, embracing the inevitable; or a Spectator who watches the apocalypse from sidelines at the Escape Party.

The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego is unlike any obstacle course event in the U.S., expanding on the best-selling The Walking Dead comic book series and graphic novel storylines, allowing Survivors and Walkers to explore the initial days of the apocalypse.

"Our fans have been reading about it, watching it and now they get to live it with The Walking Dead Escape," said Robert Kirkman. "We are literally transforming Petco Park into the early days of society’s collapse and San Diego is just the first city to fall."

Survivors will climb, crawl and slide in an effort to avoid confrontation by hordes of Walkers, while achieving the ultimate adventure on The Walking Dead-themed obstacle course. The Walking Dead Escape is not a race, and Survivors are not timed, but the end is near, and they must move swiftly. If they’re lucky, Survivors will reach the decontamination zone at the end where it will be determined if they have been infected.

Whether taking part in the event as a Survivor, Walker or Spectator, participants will be amazed at the interactive displays and The Walking Dead references along the course. Early registration is strongly recommended, as walk-ups may not be available on event day. This summer, The Walking Dead will be taking over Petco Park and fans will have a front row seat to the real-life action event of a lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:25 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I've never been more sad not to be able to go to SDCC. *sniff* This sounds like it'd be incredibly fun.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:58 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Agreed. I would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Video: On the Set of The Walking Dead Season 3

by ShockTillYouDrop

May 21, 2012

Cameras began rolling on The Walking Dead Season 3 and AMC has released the first promo video which takes you on the set. The cast and crew preview what's to come, where the season picks up. Producer Gale Anne Hurd reveals Ernest Dickerson - who helmed season 2's finale - is directing episode 301. The season is described as messy, dark, hard and, apparently at some point, "love blossoms."

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Look at The Walking Dead Season 3's Michonne!

by SuperHeroHype

May 23, 2012

You got a fleeting glimpse at her at the end of "The Walking Dead" Season 2 as a hooded stranger with two armless zombies in tow.

Today, everyone is getting their first look at Michonne (played by Danai Gurira), a character who was embraced by fans of the comic book and is making her series debut on AMC's third season of "The Walking Dead."

"The essence of the character - her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne Michonne - remains intact from the comics," series creator Robert Kirkman tells Entertainment Weekly. "But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next