Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:46 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer Officially Set for X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

October 30, 2012

As was rumored to be the case last week, SuperHeroHype has now confirmed that X-Men and X2 director Bryan Singer is officially locked in to helm X-Men: Days of Future Past following the departure of X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn.

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past boasts a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Singer produced First Class alongside Vaughn and Vaughn will remain aboard the new film as producer himself.

In addition to directing the recently-aired "Mockingbird Lane" Halloween special, Singer directed the upcoming Jack the Giant Slayer, set for release on March 1, 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

When Does X-Men: Days of Future Past Start Production?

by SuperHeroHype

November 09, 2012

Just last week, it was announced that Matthew Vaughn had stepped down from X-Men: Days of Future Past and original X-Men director Bryan Singer would be returning behind the camera for the film.

Long before this was announced, the target start date for the film was set to be January of 2013, but it appears that might have changed. The Geek Files is reporting that the film will begin principal photography in April of 2013. Director Singer tweeted earlier this week:

Well here goes. Beginning full prep on Xmen Days of Future Past. Very excited!

Given the amount of pre-production needed on a film of this scale, a spring 2013 start date would make sense, but the studio has not confirmed the production date for the movie, so treat it as rumor for now.

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past boasts a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Singer produced First Class alongside Vaughn and Vaughn will remain aboard the new film as producer himself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer Teases X-Men: Days of Future Past Costume Details

by SuperHeroHype

November 14, 2012

When Bryan Singer's original X-Men hit theaters in 2000, the fan response was somewhat mixed to the lack of some of the characters' iconic costumes, opting instead for matching black leather uniforms. James Marsden's Cyclops even offers the in-joke to Wolverine at one point, "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"

Today, those who do prefer yellow spandex may be getting their wish. Singer took to Twitter earlier this evening with the following post:

For those of you wondering...no leather suits. #xmen
— Bryan Singer (@BryanSinger) November 15, 2012

Along with Matthew Vaughn, Singer produced last year's X-Men: First Class which, set in the 1960s, offered school uniforms a bit more in line with the classic, colorful designs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Sir Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen Join X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

November 27, 2012

Long rumored, director Bryan Singer has now confirmed that the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past will mix cast members from his X-Men and X2 with those from Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class. Taking to Twitter, Singer reports that Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart are set to reprise their roles as Magneto and Professor X with Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy returning to play younger versions of the same characters.

Singer goes on say that Nicolas Hoult will be back as Beast and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. His original tweets read as follows:

I'd like to officially welcome back James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, & Nicholas Hoult to #XMEN for #DaysOfFuturePast

Thrilled to announce @ianmckellen118 & @SirPatStew are joining the cast of #XMEN #DaysOfFuturePast #magneto #professorX More to come...

Although not yet officially listed, Singer's "more to come" is likely to also include Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. In addition to playing a key role in the comic book version of the story, Wolverine has appeared in every live-action X-Men film to date and will star in his second solo adventure with the July 26 release The Wolverine.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:34 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I really hope Wolverine will be in it. I also hope that the film addresses the continuity changes between X-Men First Class and X-Men: The Last Stand / X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It should be easy enough but I won't consider First Class a genuine prequel instead of a reboot unless they do.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 am 
Hat Pooper

Fone Bone wrote:
I really hope Wolverine will be in it. I also hope that the film addresses the continuity changes between X-Men First Class and X-Men: The Last Stand / X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It should be easy enough but I won't consider First Class a genuine prequel instead of a reboot unless they do.

Well, he was in First Class.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:07 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Really getting excited about this one now with Patrick and Ian now in it. Really wish Wolverine would be in it!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman in Talks for X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

November 28, 2012

Although it should come as no big surprise, especially in light of yesterday's news, The Hollywood Reporter has now confirmed that Hugh Jackman is in talks to reprise his role as Wolverine in director Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Jackman would join a cast that has been confirmed to include James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ian McKellen on Returning for X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

November 29, 2012

Two days ago, director Bryan Singer let the world know that actors Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen would be returning to the world of X-Men in the respective roles as Charles Xavier and Magneto for his upcoming film, X-Men: Days of Future Past. Today, The Huffington Post caught up with McKellen to ask him about the return.

"What a gas!' said the actor. "I mean, Patrick Stewart and I have been have just been playing "Waiting for Godot" throughout England and in the West End of London. So, we've stayed in touch. We can't believe it [laughs]. I thought these were Fassbender and McAvoy's parts, but -- no, no -- we're back. We'll give them a run for their money. I mean, I haven't read the script, so I don't know how much we've got to do. But, to be back in that world, and for Bryan to be doing it -- with all the success he's had in the meantime -- it's wonderful. Wonderful."

Speaking of Michael Fassbender, what did McKellen think of him as Magneto in X-Men: First Class? "I thought he was exactly that: first class. Excellent... I thought he was better than me. But, we weren't quite playing the same character because he was so much younger than me."

McKellen is reunited with his X-Men co-star Patrick Stewart along with James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult. It was reported yesterday that Hugh Jackman is in talks to return as Wolverine as well.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is scheduled to hit theaters on July 18, 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Talks Possible Involvement with X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

December 03, 2012

Last week it was confirmed that actor Hugh Jackman is in talks to reprise his role as Wolverine in Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past. Today, Access Hollywood spoke to the actor about his possible reprisal and he seemed hopeful about it. You can check it out here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:39 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer's X-Men Announcement Was a Surprise to Stewart and McKellen

by SuperHeroHype

December 04, 2012

When Bryan Singer announced last week that Sirs Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were officially cast in the upcoming film X-Men: Days of Future Past, the internet was quite surprised, but not as surprised as Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. Neither actor had officially signed onto the film at this time and Singer's announcement that they were in came as a shock.

"Bryan let the cat out of the bag on Twitter," Stewart told EW. "And it included announcing that Sir Ian and myself were going to be in this movie. We are, you know, under contractual oath with 20th Century Fox to say nothing about any prospective X-Men movie including the old team. I use “old” advisedly. So it’s a kind of awkward position, because lovely Bryan Singer just blurted it all out there. For me the big thrill is knowing that Bryan Singer is attached to this movie, because not only is he a brilliant director, but also I adore him and hope that it might be true and that we do work together at some point in the future. But I’m not being coy. I know nothing about this project. And I’m hoping that might change in the future."

He added: "I don’t know that we’re doing it. I have not signed a contract yet. I know there is a project in development, but we have no dates. No detailed casting. Thrilled to hear that my dear friend and colleague Ian McKellen is on board, but I’m sorry, you know, you need to understand, I’m not being cute. I know nothing."

What about the master of magnetism? "I mean they talked to me about it and I said, 'Wouldn't it be fun if it happened', and I didn't hear any more," McKellen told Hollywood.com. "And then suddenly Bryan Singer tweets his friends and says, 'I'm gonna make X-Men with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen', so that's how I learned that I got the job!"

Fans shouldn't worry though as the pair will no doubt appear in the film, and you can't blame Bryan Singer for sharing the very exciting news a little early.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:52 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

This is looking up. It's gone from a "will see it, but not too excited" to "really looking forward to this."

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Sir Ian McKellen on His Fight with Cancer

by SuperHeroHype

December 11, 2012

Sir Ian McKellen of The Lord of the Rings and X-Men fame has kept a secret for many years - he has prostate cancer. In an interview with Mirror.co.uk, he got very candid about the illness and spoke about it at length.

“I’ve had prostate cancer for six or seven years,” he says. “When you have got it you monitor it and you have to be careful it doesn’t spread. But if it is contained in the prostate it’s no big deal."

“They come and say you have cancer of the prostate and then they say you can have it zapped, you can have it snipped but you are not a candidate for that. You are waitful watching."

“Many, many men die from it but it’s one of the cancers that is totally treatable so I have ‘waitful watching’. I am examined regularly and it’s just contained, it’s not spreading. I’ve not had any treatment."

“I have heard of people dying from prostate cancer, and they are the unlucky ones, the people who didn’t know they had got it and it went on the rampage. But at my age if it is diagnosed its not life threatening.”

We're certainly glad to hear that it's all under control.

McKellen will return to the big screen this friday for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and is in talks to reprise his role as Magneto in Bryan Singer's upcoming film, X-Men: Days of Future Past.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Alan Cumming Wants to Come Back as Nightcrawler

by SuperHeroHype

December 11, 2012

There are still a few X-Men alums that haven't commented on a return to the franchise with X-Men: Days of Future Past and among them was fan-favorite Alan Cumming, who portrayed Nightcrawler in X2: X-Men United. In an interview with out parent site ComingSoon.net for the film Any Day Now, Cumming spoke about an interest in returning.

"I haven’t gotten the call. Someone told me that Nightcrawler doesn’t appear in the story but I don’t know, I think they would have called by now. It was funny that film because I really like it and everyone really responded to Nightcrawler and enough time has elapsed that I would like to go back to it. Although then when I did that film it was sort of the start of this spate of superhero and comic books made into films so it felt a little more special then it does now. X2 was a really great film, not just as a comic book film. I think it’s one of the films I’d been in that I think of as really good."

As Cumming says, Nightcrawler is dead in the original story of Days of Future Past and doesn't appear, but neither does Magneto who will return with Michael Fassbender and possibly Ian McKellen.

The confirmed cast members at this point are James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, and Nicholas Hoult, with Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, and Hugh Jackman currently in talks to reprise their respective roles.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is scheduled for a release on July 18, 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Confirmed for X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

December 18, 2012

Hugh Jackman was rumored last month to be joining the cast of director Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past, but now the filmmaker has made the casting official via his Twitter account.

"I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past. Very excited! More to come..." Singer said.

Jackman is joining a cast that includes James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next