Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Famke Janssen on X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

January 07, 2013

A few of the original cast members from Bryan Singer's X-Men films have been confirmed to return for the upcoming sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past, including Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, but will there be more?

We spoke with Famke Janssen at the Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters junket this weekend and asked her about a possible return.

"I'm sitting by the phone waiting, call me up Bryan!" she said, adding, "I think their challenge is that I died as Jean Grey and I died as the Phoenix, so what else can they do. If they bring a younger version back, they'll have to get a younger actress, so what is there left to do?"

Previously, Janssen was quoted as saying: "One never knows. Jean Grey, the Phoenix … she finds a way to reincarnate herself constantly, so one never knows." She seems a little less sure this time around. There's still time for more of the original cast to be added though as no start date for the film has been announced.

The other confirmed cast members for the film are James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, and Nicholas Hoult.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Talks X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

January 18, 2013

Confirmed to appear in director Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past last month, Hugh Jackman today spoke with The Daily Mail and teased the project's immense scale.

"Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it," he said. "There’s an element of time travel and, naturally, it will be action-packed."

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past features a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in "Uncanny X-Men" #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Already confirmed to appear in addition to Jackman are Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, but expect that list to expand in the very near future.

Jackman, who has appeared in every X-Men film to date, will next reprise his role as Logan in James Mangold's The Wolverine, hitting theaters July 26.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am 
Santos L. Halper

If the above is true, then this is gonna be the most EPIC, the most EXTRAORDINAY, the most LEGEN....wait for it....

...DARY X-Men movie of ALL TIME!! :shock:

Post subject: Re: X-Men First Class Sequel
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

SDcomics wrote:
Simon Kinberg on the X-Men: First Class Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

February 16, 2012

He said: "I’m a huge X-Men fan. I grew up loving the comic books and it was really exciting to be able to do the origin story of Xavier and Magneto, and getting those two actors, [James] McAvoy and [Michael] Fassbender, were really amazing. So being able to explore those characters with actors of that quality will be exciting a second time around, and doing some things unexpected with those characters, which is the plan."

He must have really enjoyed screwing it up, he did such a bang up job. Ignoring all of the other problems with it, I cannot ignore Scott "Cyclops" Summers YOUNGER brother being in this.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

January Jones Says She Doesn't Think She'll be in X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

January 24, 2013

Ever since the announcement of X-Men: Days of Future Past, the cast has only grown, but now it seems we've found one character that might not be returning. January Jones, who played Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, said she doesn't know anything about the film in an interview with Collider.

“I don’t know that I’m in it, I don’t think Emma’s in this one. Well they haven’t told me if I am (laughs). I wouldn’t put it past them though, I got the script for the first one on the airplane on the way there. It’s called Days of Future Past I think, and I think it’s more about James [McAvoy] and Michael [Fassbender] and then Patrick [Stewart] and Ian [McKellan], and I think it’s gonna go back and forth with those so I don’t think Emma’s in those bits. I don’t know, I really don’t know.”

As Ms. Jones said, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender are all confirmed to return for the film, along with Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Hugh Jackman. X-Men and X2 director Bryan Singer also returns behind the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Rose Byrne Also Hasn't Heard Anything About X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

January 26, 2013

Two days ago, we reported that actress January Jones, who played Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, hasn't heard anything about returning for the sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past. Now, actress Rose Byrne, who played Moira MacTaggert in the film, is in the same boat. In an interview with HeyUGuys.co.uk she confirmed she hasn't been asked back for the film.

"I don't know, I haven't heard what's happening. I'm waiting to hear."

If you recall back to X-Men: First Class, Byrne's character did have her memory partially erased so it makes sense why her character wouldn't be present for the sequel.

Cast members confirmed to return for the movie include Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Hugh Jackman. X-Men and X2 director Bryan Singer also returns behind the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore Returning for X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

January 26, 2013

Since the announcement of X-Men: Days of Future Past, the cast has continued to grow as actors from both the original X-Men and X-Men: First Class are set to appear in the film. Now even more alumni from the original films have been confirmed for the sequel. Director Bryan Singer tweeted this afternoon that Anna Paquin (Rogue), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde), and Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) will all be back for the film. He then thanked X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Ratner for having their characters survive.

What role these characters play in the plot is yet to be determined, but the return of Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde is a potential good omen as her character was a focal point of the original comic book storyline.

Other cast members confirmed to return for the movie include Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Hugh Jackman.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: Days of Future Past

by SuperHeroHype

January 28, 2013

Director Bryan Singer isn't messing around with the prospects of X-Men: Days of Future Past. The film is shaping up to be the most ambitious X-Men film to date. One reason for that is much of both casts from the original X-Men films and the most recent X-Men: First Class are coming together. In an interview with Empire, Singer spoke at length about the film and the prospects of such a big movie.

"It's epic. I don't think people realize how big this movie's going to be. We get to bring both casts together. We've cracked it in a way that it makes sense. I had a two-hour conversation with James Cameron about time travel, string theory, multiverses and all that. You have to create your rules and stick wtih them. That's why Terminator and Back To The Future work so well. And there are certain mechanisms in X-Men, certain powers, perceptions and characters, that make this possible."

With the inclusion of many characters that are not present in the original comic book storyline, some fans have wondered how close the film will stick to the source material. Singer assures us that, while different, it will honor the original comic.

"It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of Days Of Future Past had a whole ton of stuff going on, so it’s like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of Days Of Future Past are going to be connected to this movie."

After all of the casting announcements for the film, many have speculated that the film will not acknowledge the events of X-Men: The Last Stand or X-Men Origilns: Wolverine due to continuity issues, but Singer says every film in the series is being considered canon.

"I’m taking into account every movie – I’m not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up. But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either."

Since the film's announcement, Singer has been slowly announcing the cast for the film via his Twitter account, and he doesn't plan on stopping.

"I’ll be using Twitter as an avenue. I think Twitter is an amazing thing. Very often something gets out there in the rumour-sphere, and people start building up an impression of something that might not be right. So what I want to do is just little by little drop out whatever information is official."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Glad to hear Singer is gonna do "clean-up" on Last Stand and Wolverine. I wasn't crazy about either movie but I hate it when franchises pick and choose which movies are part of the canon. For better or worse, I'd prefer if neither film was ignored and that some of the discrepencies from X-Men: First Class were explained.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:22 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

More Kitty Pryde is always good news..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mark Millar Talks X-Men: Days of Future Past and Kick-Ass 3

by SuperHeroHype

February 01, 2013

Mark Millar is the creative consultant for Fox's Marvel properties and previously has spoken at length about their upcoming solo film, The Wolverine. Today, in an interview with SFX.co.uk, he spoke about the highly-anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past and he has high praise for the film's script.

"Singer is excellent at working with ensemble casts. So with this one I feel it is all fine. I have read the screenplay and it doesn’t feel rushed and it doesn’t feel like it is too many characters."

Ever since the film has been announced, former cast members have been confirmed to appear weekly and Millar says that everyone will get their fair share.

"I think the best comparison I can give is to Star Trek – that is an ensemble but it never feels as if there is not enough time with any one character. Or maybe Lost – that is an ensemble but every character gets their own moment to shine. So as long as everyone is there for a reason there doesn’t need to be a problem with so many characters. This is a beautifully structured film, and it is a time travel story so the structure has to be especially strong."

Fans will be glad to hear that we'll finally get to see the Sentinels in all their glory in the film.

"I don’t really want to give too much away but the Sentinels are a big feature of this story. They will be cool and this will deliver on all of the teasers. We’ve all been waiting for this ever since X-Men: The Last Stand showed us one of their heads. Now it is finally coming, and we only have to pay ten quid to see it in the cinema."

If you're read the source material for the film, you'll know that Kitty Pryde plays a big role in the story. Director Bryan Singer confirmed this weekend that actress Ellen Page will be returning in the role for the film, and while Millar won't say specifics, he did say "Kitty Pride fans will not be disappointed."

Millar also confirmed that a third Kick-Ass film is being planned.

"Kick-Ass 3 is going to be the last one though. I told Universal this and they asked me, ‘What does that mean?’ I said, ‘It means that this is where it all ends.’ They said, ‘Do they all die at the end?’ I said, ‘Maybe’ – because this is a realistic superhero story. And if someone doesn’t have a bullet proof vest like Superman and doesn’t have Batman’s millions then eventually he is going turn around the wrong corner and get his head kicked in or get shot in the face [laughs]. So Kick-Ass needs to reflect that. There has to be something dramatic at the end, he cannot do this for the rest of his life.”

Kick-Ass 2 opens on June 28 and X-Men: Days of Future Past is set to open July 18, 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

SDcomics wrote:
If you're read the source material for the film, you'll know that Kitty Pryde plays a big role in the story. Director Bryan Singer confirmed this weekend that actress Ellen Page will be returning in the role for the film, and while Millar won't say specifics, he did say "Kitty Pride fans will not be disappointed."

This damn well better mean Lockheed.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:16 am 
Santos L. Halper

The more I read about this one, the more excited I get!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Newsarama

JACKMAN's 'Large' X-MEN: DAYS Role

By Michael Doran, Senior Editor, Lucas Siegel, Newsarama Site Editor
posted: 13 February 2013 12:19 pm ET

Fans wondering how substantial Hugh Jackman’s role in 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past will be apparenty needn’t worry. In a wide-ranging feature interview with Hollywood Reporter while the actor was bulking up in preparation for reprising his role, the Hollywood trade describes Wolverine’s part in the film as large and that it came “out of the blue.”

"I first heard about it around October or November [2012]," Jackman tells THR. "I was literally finishing The Wolverine and dreaming about lasagna, and about three weeks before the end, they told me."

The Hollywood Reporter then describes the role as “large” and one that “reunited him with many of the original cast.”

"There was no way I was not going to be part of that,” Jackman says, adding that he still has not read a finished screenplay, but only an eight-page synopsis of the story.

It’s possible Days could be a swansong for Jackman as Wolverine, however, as THR reports he is not committed to any more Wolverine or X-Men films beyond it. While not ruling out a return to the franchise, he tells THR after filming he needs to spend substantial time home.

X-Men: Days of Future Past begins shooting mid-April in Montreal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:03 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Man, I don't want to get my hopes up but the more they reveal the better this sounds.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next