Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Superman vs The Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

From TV Guide

Pauley Perrette is getting out of the lab. The NCIS star will voice Lois Lane in the upcoming animated DVD-movie Superman vs. The Elite. Based on the story "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?," which ran in Action Comics No. 775 in 2001, the film pits the Man of Steel against a ruthless team of "heroes" with staggering powers. Unlike Superman, The Elite are not afraid to use violence, including killing, to stop anyone they consider bad guys. As the public begins to rally around these superhuman vigilantes, Superman (George Newbern, who also voiced the character in the Justice League series) must figure out a way to stop them without compromising his principles of (you guessed it) "truth, justice and the American way."

Helping him sort it out is Lois, balancing her roles as a Daily Planet reporter and Superman/Clark Kent's wife. "I think there are similarities between Abby and Lois," Perrette says, comparing this character with her quirky NCIS forensic scientist. "They're both very smart and confident and really good at their jobs. They're both really focused. Abby just doesn't have a Superman."

Superman vs. The Elite, the latest in a series of DC Comics-themed movies from Warner Bros. Animation, will be available on DVD, Blu-ray, digital download and on demand. An exact release date has yet to be determined, but expect to see it before July's Comic-Con International.

Post subject: Re: NEW DTV-- DC Cartoon-- Superman again
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:54 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I love Abby.

Hopefully her voice will translate well to Lois and I won't sit there watching the film thinking "Abby" the whole time.

as for the film itself ...
Oddly enough though, I don't recall this storyline that vividly so by the time it hits and I get to sit down and watch it, it will probably feel like an original story to me.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Man if they do this right it has the potential to be awesome. Action Comics # 775 is one of my favorite issues from the last few years.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:54 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Trailer for Superman vs. The Elite Online

by SuperHeroHype

March 15, 2012

MTV has revealed the first trailer for Superman vs. The Elite, which premieres at WonderCon on Friday, March 16 at 6:30pm.

In the film, Superman's effectiveness as a superhero comes into question when a new group of super-powerful crusaders, known as "The Elite," appear on the scene. As superheroes, the Elite know no bounds and are more than willing to kill, even on a massive scale, to stop villainy -- putting them on a collision course with the ever-ethical, preferably nonlethal Man of Steel.

The voice cast is led by George Newbern, reprising his Justice League/Justice League Unlimited role as Superman, Pauley Perrette as Lois Lane, and Robin Atkin Downes as Manchester Black, the leader of The Elite.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/749050/superman-vs-the-elite-trailer.jhtml#id=1681043

Post subject: Superman vs The Elite (Direct to DVD/Blu Ray)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 pm 
declined to be a vampire

58 minute run time. Really?

I was very disappointed with the short movie on the Batman: Year One.

They are putting out feature length animated movies that are less than an hour? They expect to cram something good into such a small timeframe?

I typically like to buy these movies as I get plenty of replay value out of them. But in this case, I may just wait until I can watch it for free, or buy it on half.com for 8 bucks.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject: Re: Superman vs The Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:46 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Watch the First Clip From Superman vs. The Elite

by SuperHeroHype

May 10, 2012

The first clip from the upcoming DC animated film Superman vs. The Elite is now online along with several news stills from the direct-to-DVD project. Check them all out below!

In the film, Superman's effectiveness as a superhero comes into question when a new group of super-powerful crusaders, known as "The Elite," appear on the scene. As superheroes, the Elite know no bounds and are more than willing to kill, even on a massive scale, to stop villainy -- putting them on a collision course with the ever-ethical, preferably nonlethal Man of Steel.

The voice cast is led by George Newbern, reprising his Justice League/Justice League Unlimited role as Superman, Pauley Perrette as Lois Lane, and Robin Atkin Downes as Manchester Black, the leader of The Elite.

Superman vs. The Elite arrives in stores on June 12th.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

My excitement level for this is pretty low. It may be the first one I skip.

Or at least wait until it gets cheaper.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:36 am 

Whether I buy it day of or what for the eventual sale will depend on who the pack in figure will be...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Check Out Three New Clips From Superman vs. The Elite

by SuperHeroHype

May 22, 2012

Following the debut of the very first clip earlier this month, the upcoming DC animated film Superman vs. The Elite has revealed three further scenes that you can check out in the players below.

Superman vs. The Elite arrives in stores on June 12th.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Check Out a New Clip From Superman vs. The Elite

by SuperHeroHype

June 04, 2012

On the heels of the last round of clips from the film, Warner Bros. Animation has released another new scene from their upcoming Superman vs. The Elite along with several new photos from the direct-to-home-video feature. Check them all out below!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

This was AWESOME! Just fantastic!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Images From Superman vs. The Elite

by SuperHeroHype

June 11, 2012

Check out some all new images from the upcoming Superman vs. The Elite, in stores tomorrow!

The voice cast is led by George Newbern, reprising his "Justice League"/"Justice League Unlimited" role as Superman, Pauley Perrette as Lois Lane, and Robin Atkin Downes as Manchester Black, the leader of The Elite.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:33 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I felt this was way better than Action 775!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 am 

I'm heading out at lunch to pick this up at Best Buy and get my Manchester Black minifigure to boot!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:32 am 

Picked this up yesterday, watched it during lunch.

I enjoyed the story and the pacing was well done, but the animation seemed a little "cartoony" for lack of a better term.

Enjoyable but not fantastic.

Now bring on the Dark Knight!