Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Avengers: Age of Ultron
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Joss Whedon Talks "Smaller" Avengers Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

March 08, 2012

It's still about two months to go before Marvel's The Avengers assemble on the big screen, but SFX (via Digital Spy) managed a few details from writer/director Joss Whedon about both the first film and a potential sequel.

"I want to know what makes them tick, what makes them flawed, what makes them fight - and ultimately, what makes them awesome," Whedon says of his superhero team. " I go to these movies for those moments when the heroes define themselves, either through action or deliciously overwritten speeches."

Asked how a sequel could possibly be bigger than what he has planned for the May 4th release, Whedon responded:

"By not trying to. By being smaller. More personal, more painful... By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."

Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers is the superhero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins.

The film stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson.

Post subject: Re: Avengers 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

WTF? Already?

I know they usually talk sequels the week after a movie opens but before? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I'm actually okay with that type of plot. Some of the BEST Avengers storylines have been where they conflict was more personal. Ant Man creating Ultron. Ant Man beating his wife. Ant Man getting his @$$ kicked by Captain America in Ultimates. Ant Man going insane...

Wait I'm starting to detect a theme...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:17 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Ultron would be good, but first Pym needs to BE on the team, which he doesn't seem to be.

Kang would be a nice opponent, but he'd have to be handled carefully.

How about a Masters of Evil type slugfest? Might be kinda hard to pull off. I did like a lot of Ultimates 2, however.

There's any number of ways they could go.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:26 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mike
(Yeah, buddy!)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Disney CEO Bob Iger on a Marvel's The Avengers Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

May 08, 2012

Still at the start of its rapidly-increasing box office take, Marvel's The Avengers is already set to be followed next year by Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 with Captain America 2 following in 2014.

Today, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger spoke with CNBC about the massive success of Marvel's The Avengers and what it means for the future of the cinematic Marvel Universe.

"The Avengers isn't just a film," says Iger. "It's a franchise from our perspective. Obviously, it was helped a lot by the success of the 'Iron Man' movies and of 'Thor' and 'Captain America'. From 'The Avengers' we get a chance to make 'Thor 2' and 'Captain America 2' and 'Iron Man 3' and hopefully another 'Avengers' movie. So this one film that is immensely successful... is going to get a number of other films and franchises."

In addition to the films he lists, the studio has announced plans for an as-of-yet-undisclosed project to be released on May 16, 2014. There's no confirmation yet on whether or not that will be a sequel or if it might be based on a new Marvel Universe character.

"We have an ability to leverage what was a very fun film done by a great group of filmmakers into something much bigger for the company," he continues, "and the effect will be prolonged and that's very, very exciting for us."

You can check out the interview for yourself here.

Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Avengers 2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:14 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Clark Gregg on His Future in the Marvel Universe

by SuperHeroHype

June 03, 2012

Those who have not yet seen Marvel's The Avengers should be aware that the following article does contains spoilers for the film.

It's hard to imagine the big screen Marvel Universe without the face of Clark Gregg who, by playing Agent Phil Coulson in the original Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor, helped to pave the way for the the superhero ensemble that is Marvel's The Avengers.

Despite Coulson's demise in the recent blockbuster, fan support has been swelling to bring the character back for subsequent cinematic entries with one popular solution being to turn the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent into the comics' synthezoid member, the Vision. Gregg, however, now reveals to MTV Splashpage that he's not entirely a fan of that approach.

"Vision is cool," the actors explains, "But I would hate to be any A.I. life form. If I got to come back, I would need to still be somebody who could wisecrack, because my favorite part of the job was that if anybody was going to tease anybody about their diva superhero outfit or whatever, it would be me."

Though it appears that Coulson is dead and gone on the big screen, the character can still be seen (voiced by Gregg) on the "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon series.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:17 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I was thinking he would be a LMD in the next movie but I guess that's like the Vision as well, but don't LMDs have personality of their mimiced subject?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:50 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

RIP Coulson.

That was about the only thing that really bummed me out in Avengers.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:06 am 

SDcomics wrote:
Those who have not yet seen Marvel's The Avengers should be aware that the following article does contains spoilers for the film.

Is there anyone on the planet that this really applies to at this point hahahaha?

And I do hope they find a way to bring him back. He was such a great character.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Want to See Spider-Man and The Avengers in the Same Movie?

by SuperHeroHype

June 09, 2012

At last year's Comic-Con, Avi Arad was asked about the potential of Spider-man and The Avengers meeting up on the big screen and he brushed it off. He seemed to think Spider-Man had enough stories behind him that he didn't need to be a part of the team.

Now after the movie juggernaut that The Avengers has become, he's having second thoughts.

When talking to Crave Online about it Arad said, "Everything is possible. If something like that happens, it’s great for Disney, it’s great for Sony, if the right story comes in. We are now working on Venom first. It’s our first out, so our thinking is in the right direction. Avengers to me was an expected success so I never looked at it because Avengers was successful.”

"The way to make team-up movies work is to create the raw materials, both technically and creatively, in other movies first," he continued. "Team-ups can happen once you create the character, establish the CG, otherwise it’s not affordable.”

What do you think? Think Spider-Man appearing in an Avengers movie is ever gonna happen?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:23 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Logos for Avengers, Thor, Cap and Iron Man Sequels

by SuperHeroHype

June 27, 2012

It's not too early to show off some promo material for the upcoming slate of Marvel Studios films and we've got a taste of just that.

Check out these pictures of the logos for The Avengers 2, Thor 2, Captain America 2, and Iron Man 3, courtesy of BadTaste.it

Iron Man 3 hits theaters May 3, 2013, Thor 2 on November 15, 2013, and Captain America 2 on April 4, 2014.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Angie Harmon Wants to Play She-Hulk

by SuperHeroHype

July 31, 2012

Angie Harmon (Rizolli and Isles) was on Conan last night and when the subject of her playing the role of She-Hulk was brought up... well, just watch her reaction yourself.

Though there's been no word from Marvel Studios as to whether She-Hulk will ever appear in one of their films, there's definitely interest from one actress for the role.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 am 

She could certainly do it. Hubba hubba... :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Personally I think she is better suited for Olive Oyl than Shulkie but I'm sure a personal trainer and some CGI could fix that up...

I could think of worse I guess, but I just don't see her having any sort of "draw power" to get her more than a supporting role or cameo in one of these films.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next