It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: X-Men: Apocalypse
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

X-Men: Apocalypse Set for May 27, 2016

by SuperHeroHype

December 05, 2013

In a surprise move, Bryan Singer today revealed the title of the next chapter of 20th Century Fox's popular X-Men franchise. May 27, 2016 will see the release of X-Men: Apocalypse!

Apocalypse, created by Louise and Walter Simonson, made his debut in X-Factor #6. The world's first mutant, En Sabah Nur was born in Egypt around 3,000 BC and used advanced technology to make himself an eternal conquerer, believing whole heartedly in survival of the fittest.

The character's most popular storyline, "The Age of Apocalypse," ran in the X-Men books beginning in 1995. Set in a parallel reality formed by interference to the timeline, "The Age of Apocalypse" saw Professor Charles Xavier murdered before he could form the X-Men. Instead, a very different take on the team began with Magneto leading them through a post-apocalyptic America ruled by mutants.

Since next summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past involves a time travel storyline, it's likely that a filmic take on "The Age of Apocalypse" could spin out of the new film's ending. It's certainly something that 20th Century Fox has considered as ComingSoon.net has learned that domains like AgeofApocalypsemovie.com have been registered by the studio for years. What's more, Singer's new film is set to introduce key "Age of Apocalypse" characters like Bishop (Omar Sy) and Blink (Bingbing Fan).

At this stage, however, all that's confirmed is the May 27, 2016 release date, which puts X-Men: Apocalypse up against Walt Disney Pictures' Alice in Wonderland 2.

X-Men: Days of Future Past, meanwhile, hits the big screen May 23, 2014.

Post subject: Re: X-Men: Apocalypse
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:26 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

About.
Freaking.
Time.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Please oh please go AoA version... Not the crappy X-Factor or Rise of Apocalypse stories..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:04 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

stewbacca wrote:
Please oh please go AoA version... Not the crappy X-Factor or Rise of Apocalypse stories..

As much as I want it, I doubt they are gonna jump right into the AOA without first establishing Apocalypse in some way. It would be a big jump for them to go AOA without having first introduced him to at least set it up that he is a huge threat, so huge in fact that all time has been changed and rearranged because of him.

BUT.....Bishop is in the one being filmed now and its likely that a plot thread will be laid out in the upcoming movie leading into an AOA storyline. I mean who knows, maybe they figured out a way to make it work and they make the jump but I don't think they would go from one time jumping scenario to another one movie right after another. I mean this isn't Back To The Future haha.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:42 pm 
3 3/4"

Bryan Singer just tweeted the following:

"#Apocalypse is not an alien. :) #XMenApocalypse"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:04 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

UncleMarsellus wrote:
Bryan Singer just tweeted the following:

"#Apocalypse is not an alien. :) #XMenApocalypse"

Well that's one feather in his cap. Let's see if they can keep from mucking it up.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer Assembles X2 Writers for X-Men: Apocalypse

by SuperHeroHype

December 19, 2013

Little is officially known about the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse, which was announced two weeks ago, but thanks to director Bryan Singer we now have an idea of who is behind the scenes for the sequel. Singer tweeted about a "Late night X-Men Apocalypse story session" last night and the photo included not only Singer and X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter Simon Kinberg, but also X2: X-Men United screenwriters Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris! This marks the first time since "X2" that Dougherty and Harris have worked on an X-Men film. Though it remains to be seen who will officially pen the screenplay for the sequel, it's certainly exciting to see former franchise writers return to the series.

In addition, Singer added "It's snowing in Egypt!" to his tweet, which might seem unrelated but Egypt was in fact the birth place of Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur's in the original source material.

Created by Louise and Walter Simonson, Apocalypse made his debut in X-Factor #6. The character's most popular storyline, "The Age of Apocalypse," ran in the X-Men books beginning in 1995. Set in a parallel reality formed by interference to the timeline, "The Age of Apocalypse" saw Professor Charles Xavier murdered before he could form the X-Men. Instead, a very different take on the team began with Magneto leading them through a post-apocalyptic America ruled by mutants.

X-men: Apocalypse will hit the big screen May 27, 2016, while X-Men: Days of Future Past will debut May 23, 2014.

Click on the image to see a bigger version!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: Apocalypse

by SuperHeroHype

January 07, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past doesn't hit theaters until May 23, but Bryan Singer is already working on X-Men: Apocalypse, which was recently set for a May 27, 2016 release.

Talking to EW, Singer said he is "co-writing the story and I’m producing it. I'm negotiating to direct. We're in the process. We're trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it."

He also told the magazine that he's not sure if "Days of Future Past" will include a tease for "Apocalypse." "I'm still deciding that. Something that happens in this movie causes what's going to happen in that movie."

And what can he reveal about the 2016 movie? "It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that. It's something that's always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Gambit and Nightcrawler Heading to X-Men: Apocalypse?

SuperHeroHype

Mar 20, 2014

Although X-Men: Days of Future Past won't hit theaters until May 23, director Bryan Singer is already looking to the future of the X-Men franchise with X-Men: Apocalypse. Mexican site Cine Premiere (via CBM) spoke with Singer, who revealed that he's looking at including both Gambit and Nightcrawler in the May 27, 2016 release.

"I'm considering Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for 'Apocalypse,'" Singer told the outlet (the quotes have, however, been translated back into English from Spanish). "I was going to have Nightcrawler [in 'Days of Future Past'] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too many mutants into the story."

There have been rumblings of a solo Gambit film in the works, but the character's only big screen appearance to date (outside his name being featured as an Easter egg in X2) was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, played by Taylor Kitsch. Nightcrawler, meanwhile, was played by Alan Cumming in X2.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:40 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg Tease X-Men: Apocalypse!

SuperHeroHype

Apr 11, 2014

Even though X-Men: Days of Future Past won't open in theaters until next month, plans are already in motion for the next "X-Men" adventure with X-Men: Apocalypse. Director Bryan Singer has already assembled a team to develop the film including "Days of Future Past" screenwriter Simon Kinberg and X2: X-Men United writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty​. The group have already broken some elements of the story, which Singer says won't be an exact replication of the "Age of Apocalypse" story line.

"[The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe," Singer told EW, "But there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with."

"From a visual standpoint it actually may be a bigger movie than Days of Future Past because there'll be disaster movie imagery," Kinberg added. "Like the title would imply."

Singer also admitted that X-Men: Apocalypse won't exactly be set up by the ending of "Days of Future Past," but "Days" will set up the potential for the film.

"You won’t feel at the end of the movie that it set up Apocalypse. What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we'll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen."

Singer also confirmed to the publication that "Apocalypse" will focus primarily on the returning cast members from X-Men: First Class, including James McAvoy's Charles Xavier, Michael Fassbender's Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, and Nicholas Hoult's Beast, in addition to some younger versions of other mutants like the previously-teased Gambit and Nightcrawler.

"I'm excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the '80s," Singer said about the film.

X-Men: Days of Future Past will hit theaters on May 23 of this year with X-Men: Apocalypse set to hit theaters on May 27, 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:49 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Channing Tatum Has Met with X-Men Producers About Playing Gambit

SuperHeroHype

Apr 15, 2014

Back in September of last year, Channing Tatum made a bit of a splash when he admitted to wanting to play the X-Men character Gambit, and now it seems that might actually be happening. Speaking with MTV (via /Film), Tatum confirmed that he has met with "X-Men" producer Lauren Shuler Donner, who has been involved in the casting for every single "X-Men" film.

"I met with Lauren Shuler Donner. And I would love it. Gambit is really the only X-Man I’ve ever loved. I mean I’ve loved them all, they’re all great, but I guess from being down south – my dad’s from Louisiana, I’m from Mississippi, Alabama, Florida – I don’t know. I just related to him. He’s just kind of suave… He’s the most un X-Men X-Man that’s ever been in X-Men. Other than maybe Wolverine, who’s like the anti-hero. He’s a thief. He’s not even a hero. He’s kind of walking the line of grey…He loves women and drinking and smoking and stuff so he’s just a cool guy who happens to have a moral center….I hope it [comes together]. You never know it’s a weird industry. If the stars align, I would die to play it. I’m already working on the accent. It’s crappy at the moment."

Director Bryan Singer recently acknowledged that we might be seeing Gambit in the X-Men: Apocalypse, which is currently planned for a May 27, 2016 release.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:58 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Um... no. I like him, and his acting has gotten better (relative of course). And I know he's a HUGE name right now. But no. He's just about as wrong as he can be for that part. Crap he'd be a better Nightcrawler than he would Gambit lol...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".