All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Iron Man 4
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:18 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Newsarama:

RDJ Says He's Ready For IRON MAN 4, FAVREAU Would Return 'For A Great Story'

by George Marston, Newsarama Contributor

Date: 02 May 2016 Time: 11:02 AM ET

After previously calling Captain America: Civil War his "personal Iron Man 4," Tony Stark actor Robert Downey, Jr. says he'd be up for a proper sequel to his own character's blockbuster franchise.

"I feel like I could do one more," Downey told ABC News. This somewhat contradicts previous statements by the actor which made his future as the character seem uncertain. After Civil War, he's likely to appear in the two-part Avengers: Infinity War. Here's the full interview:

RDJ launched the Iron Man franchise - and the Marvel Cinematic Universe - with director John Favreau, who also played Happy Hogan in all three Iron Man films. Favreau only directed Iron Man and Iron Man 2 before leaving director Shane Black to take the helm on Iron Man 3. But Favreau now also says he'd work with marvel again "for a great story."

“I know the people over there. I like them. I still executive produce the Avengers series and I like what they’re doing a lot now, I do,” Favreau told IGN. “By the same token I feel like I’ve made my mark; whatever we did in those early days has continued and is in good hands with new filmmakers with fresh voices.”

“I just think how I fit in now might be different. It’s 10 years later, and now I’m more of an elder statesman,” he continued. “But we talk a lot about how I could be involved there and I exist both in front of and behind the camera in the Marvel universe, which puts me in a unique position which I enjoy. We’re always trying to figure out if there’s a way for me to contribute beyond just being an executive producer there. I wouldn’t be surprised if something pops up soon, but there’s no one property that we’re identifying that I’d want to helm up and shoulder. Because now that the universe has gotten so big over there, I don’t know that I understand how it all fits together anymore. I was there in the early days when the universe was very small. Now the universe is very big there and they seem to have it well in hand.”

Captain America: Civil War hits theaters May 6.

Post subject: Re: Iron Man 4
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:22 pm 
Mint on Card

Ten Rings? "Real" Mandarin? No, thanks. Happy with the first 3. Some kind of version of Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man run from a few years ago? Absogoddamlutely bring it on!

Post subject: Re: Iron Man 4
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 am 
Ball Jointed

MODOK! Fing Fang Foom!