Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Warner Bros. Fast-Tracks Man of Steel Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

June 10, 2013

Although Man of Steel doesn't even officially open until later this week, Deadline is reporting that Warner Bros. has already set a sequel on the fast track to the big screen. Zack Snyder will return as director and David Goyer will be back as screenwriter but producer Christopher Nolan has not yet agreed to continue as a producer and may ultimately step aside to focus on alternative projects.

Hitting theaters June 14 release, the new film follows a young boy who learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Russell Crowe, Michael Kelly, Harry Lennix and Richard Schiff star.

Post subject: Re: Man of Steel 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:33 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Didn't they do the same thing originally with Green Lantern- :oops: -

Although it looks like die hard fanboys are going to prevent this one from failing as much. Really the amount of people giving the film positive reviews (that havent even seen it yet) is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:21 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Man of Steel Sequel Coming Next Year, Followed by Justice League?

by SuperHeroHype

June 17, 2013

Though Man of Steel has only been in theaters for a few days, that hasn't stopped people from discussing the future of the DC Universe on film. Writer David Goyer has spoken multiple times already about what the future could hold for the characters.

Now, in speaking with The Wall Street Journal, Warner's president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman had this to say about the future: "It's more than just a franchise for us, it really opens up the door to do combinations of the DC Comics characters. We can build them up like Marvel did and benefit from the history of DC."

Though it was reported last week that a Man of Steel sequel is in the works, this latest report claims the sequel is being fast-tracked to accommodate a 2014 release date. Furthermore, "knowledgeable people close to the studio" also told the WSJ that a "Justice League" film could come out "as soon as 2015." This is all of course speculation until confirmed by the studio and it all seems a little too fast given the pace for Man of Steel's production.

What do you think about all of this? Is 2014 too soon for a Man of Steel sequel?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:43 am 
serves the Otter

That's insanely soon. Sounds like it could be a total rush job. They don't HAVE to get Justice League in theaters in 2015 you know. That's just an imaginary timeline that they have no responsibility to meet.

I'd also like to see another Batman film before Justice League. Possibly a Flash or Wonder Woman one too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:38 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

How about a World's Finest movie with Bats and Supes?

There have been some excellent team up stories over the decades that could serve as the basis for a flick.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:29 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I agree, a world's finest movie with Bats and Supes is a perfect movie to introduce the Justice League. I just hope WB takes their time with it and doesn't rush a crappy movie into theaters.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Although the Public Enemies storyline has been done- I think that would be the best to use-- because you can include a bunch of the extended DC Universe- and not have to set up plot lines for all the characters..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:42 am 
5" Scale

I said this elsewhere, but is it possible they shot the sequel at the same time as the MoS? They basically did this with the original Superman II as we now know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:55 am 
Aspires to be #1

If the sequel is as good as the first, they can release it tomorrow. And man would I love to see their take on the Flash. It could be a great crime solver superhero movie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Zack Snyder Talks Man of Steel Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

June 27, 2013

Fans can't get enough of the latest Superman movie Man of Steel, and Warner Bros. isn't slowing down on a follow-up. A sequel to the movie is already being fast tracked into production with director Zack Snyder and writer David Goyer already hard at work on the film.

Speaking with Moviehole, Snyder says that they will soon present their ideas to the studio: "I haven’t yet gotten to speak to the studio about all these awesome details (because I’ve been overseas on the junket). So my hope is, when I get home I can sit down with everyone and it’ll be like ‘Okay, so what are we going to do?.. we need to do something…”’

As far as follow-ups go, Snyder is well aware that fans will expect them to double down on the action. "We almost destroyed the world last time, now what!?" he said.

The thing on everyone's mind though is where does this fit into the long rumored Justice League movie and an expanded DC Universe on film. When asked if the movie leads into Justice League, Snyder said this: "I really wanted to expand the DC Universe and I really wanted to make sure, in Superman’s world, that all that is a possibility."

Man of Steel is now playing in 2D, 3D, and IMAX theaters worldwide.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Russell Crowe Would be Open to a Man of Steel Prequel

by SuperHeroHype

July 07, 2013

Russell Crowe has been receiving a lot of questions from his fans on Twitter asking him if he'd consider reprising his role of Jor-El from Man of Steel in a prequel and the actor says he's game.

"A lot of you are asking about a KRYPTON prequel, if that's something you feel strongly about let @Legendary pictures know your thoughts," he said. He added, in response to someone, "Just getting sick of reading the same question mate, however, if it came up, i'd give the tights another go."

Do you think a prequel set on Krypton could work? Or would you just like to see him in a Man of Steel sequel as a hologram?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:32 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Man of Steel Sequel Announced, Batman to Appear!

by SuperHeroHype

July 20, 2013

Warner Bros. has just revealed plans for their own DC Cinematic Universe with the announcement of a Man of Steel sequel that will feature none other than Batman! Snyder took the stage at the Warner Bros. panel to announce something and brought up actor Harry Lennix to read a special message.

"I want you to remember, Clark," Lennix said, "in all the years to come. In all your private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

And with that famous speech from The Dark Knight Returns, Snyder unveiled the logo. No further details were announced but WB has revealed that Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will return along with the Man of Steel himself, Henry Cavill.

What do you think of this announcement? Sound off below!

You can read our Live Blog from their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con where the project was announced by clicking here.

Here's the official statement:

On the heels of the worldwide success of "Man of Steel," director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, "Man of Steel," has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, "Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he's a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way." Kroll added, "We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel' is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us."

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, "Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack's continuing vision for the DC Universe."

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, "I'm so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can't wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, "Whilst our ‘Dark Knight' trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack's fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can't wait to see what Zack does with these characters."

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

David Goyer Reveals Potential Titles for Man of Steel Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

July 23, 2013

Warner Bros. rocked the internet this weekend when they announced that the upcoming sequel to Man of Steel would feature the big screen return of Batman and mark the first time the characters have been together in a live action film in history. Later on, during the Superman 75th Anniversary panel, writer David Goyer spoke about the film and that they're still deciding on a title (via ComicBook).

"So the next film we’re making, we’re already in pre-production, comes out in summer of 2015 and it’s–we’re actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it’s–that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that’s happening.”

The site also notes that Warner Bros. has registered the domain names SupermanVsBatman.com, BatmanVsSuperman.com, and BatmanVsSupermanMovie.com. What do you think the film should be called?

The new Batman is yet to be cast, but Goyer is currently co-writing the story with director Zack Snyder. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015. Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will return.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Superman/Batman Movie to Shoot in Toronto?

by SuperHeroHype

July 29, 2013

VanCityBuzz is reporting a rumor that the upcoming Superman/Batman movie, which is an intended follow-up to Man of Steel, will likely move locations for production from Vancouver to Toronto. Production on the project isn't expected to begin until some time next year with a summer 2015 release being planned. Though not official, it's said that the tax credits the production could receive were simply more beneficial in Toronto. Check back here for confirmation on the production's location soon.

Plot details are very few about the upcoming film, but io9 spoke with star Henry Cavill about one specific thing: Lois Lane knowing Clark's secret.

"I think it's essential," he said. "Because if we're trying to base it in reality, there's no way that Lois has these direct interactions with Superman, and then doesn't recognize Clark sitting next to her in the office. If she falls in love with Superman, and she's ignoring a guy who looks just like Superman, behaves just like him, and has the same kind of mannerisms and behavior, then what does that say about Lois? I like this relationship. She saves him just as much as he saves her."

The new Batman is yet to be cast for the film, but Goyer is currently co-writing the story with director Zack Snyder. Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will return.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:21 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I wish they could call it "World's Finest" but that is probably over the head of most people.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next