Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Grayskull- new MOTU movie officially announced
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 am 
Loose, Missing Package

"By the Power of Grayskull®!": Jack Black to star as He-Man® in new Masters of the Universe® franchise
March 32, 2012

Hollywood, CA - Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. and Mattel, Inc. announced today a new trilogy of films based on Mattel's "Masters of the Universe®" toy line beginning with "Grayskull®" starring Jack Black in the dual role of He-Man® and Prince Adam of Eternia. "I've been Spider-Man for MTV, I almost got to be the Green Lantern on the big screen but now I'm going to be "THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!" and I can't wait to jump into those furry shorts!" said Black of the project. Black states that he plans to attend the San Diego Comic-Con in July making daily, in-costume appearances at the Mattel booth greeting the fans, "This is a dream come true and I can't wait to share this with everyone!"

Appearing with Black in the trilogy will be Tom Selleck (Magnum P.I.) as the heroic Man-at-Arms® and Chloe Grace Moretz (Kick-Ass, Dark Shadows) as his adopted daughter, Teela®. He-Man's arch-nemesis and estranged uncle, Skeletor®, will be played by Samuel L. Jackson (Star Wars, Snakes on a Plane) with Sarah Silverman (jingle is Magic) as hench-woman, Evil-Lyn®. Rounding out the cast will be Bobcat Goldthwait (Police Academy) as the voice of Trollan® sorcerer Orko® and Snoop Dogg (Soul Plane) as the voice of He-Man's® best friend and trusty steed Battle Cat®.

"Grayskull®", the first film in the Masters of the Universe® trilogy is set for release in May 2014 and will be directed by Joel Schumacher (Phantom of the Opera, Batman & Robin) from a script by Mike Finch and Alex Litvak .

About Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc.
Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc (CPI) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. CPI's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 142 countries.

For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com/.

About Mattel
Mattel, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco® R/C, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2011, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the fourth year in a row. Mattel also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" and the "World's Most Ethical Companies." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 31,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are "Creating the Future of Play."

For additional information, got to http://www.mattel.com/.

Post subject: Re: Grayskull- new MOTU movie officially announced
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:04 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Yeah, it's a bit late... I wrote this up and sent it to the .org for April 1st but I got no response (granted it was last second and they had some pretty elaborate items of their own alreay, so I understand). Wasn't sure this would be so fresh or cringe-inducing a year from now considering how the recent real news of TMNT and Dark Shadows has been received so I decided not to save it. Hope you guys got a good laugh after that initial "WTF?!?!?!?" (just imagine Jackson as Skeletor saying "What are all these m---- f--- snakes doing in my m--- f--- mountain?!?!?")

Post subject: Re: Grayskull- new MOTU movie officially announced
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

About time!
OMG... that script or a script by the same name on the same subject matter has been floating around Hollywood for years! As far back as 2006 for me.

Even if this is a joke!