It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Agent Carter Season 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel Eyes an Agent Carter Series

by SuperHeroHype

September 18, 2013

Next week's premiere of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." marks the first foray of Marvel Studio's cinematic universe to the small screen and it now looks like a second ongoing series might be on the way. Deadline reports that Marvel is looking at expanding the new "One-Shot" short film, "Agent Carter," its own television show.

Directed by Louis D'Esposito, the "Agent Carter" short features Captain America: The First Avenger star Hayley Atwell, reprising her role as Peggy Carter in a story that looks at the origins of the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.

When "Agent Carter" was screened at Comic-Con, Marvel Studios executive producer Victoria Alonso shouted out during the subsequent Q&A session (referring to "S.H.I.E.L.D.") "Will you do the TV series, Hayley?"

"Well, if the scripts are good," Atwell smiled back.

Fans can check out "Agent Carter" when it hits home video as an extra feature on Iron Man 3 September 24.

Post subject: Re: Marvel Eyes an Agent Carter Series
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hayley Atwell Talks Peggy Carter TV Series

by SuperHeroHype

October 02, 2013

The news came a couple of weeks ago that Marvel is toying with the idea of expanding their latest One-Shot short film "Agent Carter" into it's own live-action television series. Little has been said about the project since then, but now star Haley Atwell says she's behind the idea. Speaking with Digital Spy, Atwell had nothing but nice things to say about Marvel and what she'd like to see in the series should it come to fruition.

"I read about that too. The one-shot was so successful, the fanbase were like, 'We want more of Peggy!.' I think Marvel probably take that very seriously, and it's certainly something I would be a part of doing. I'd be interested to show different sides of Peggy.

"Although she's kick-ass, and she can be aggressive and she can be just as competent as the men, it'd be nice to show that she's a feminist in a way. It's not just about her being aggressive and as aggressive as the men in those action sequences, but being able to be a little bit more rounded as a person. I think she could be a great role model and a great member of the Marvel Universe. I love the Marvel lot, they're really great people to work with, so it would be nice to go back and work with them again. I'd definitely do it."

What do you want to see happen in an "Agent Carter" TV series? Sound off below!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:59 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Only if Howard Stark plays a significant role.
Never been too interested in the MU's past once Cap goes on ice.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Reaper Co-Creators Board Marvel’s Agent Carter TV Series

SuperHeroHype

Jan 17, 2014

Deadline is reporting that "Reaper" co-creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas have come aboard Marvel's next TV project, "Agent Carter," as writers and executive producers. Due to the intense secrecy on the project, Marvel has not confirmed the story, but ABC will be presenting today at the Television Critics Association, so check back for potential confirmation later today.

Spinning out of the Marvel One-Shot short film included on the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray, "Agent Carter" would see Hayley Atwell reprise her role of Peggy Carter from Captain America: The First Avenger, which the actress has previously expressed interest in, saying: "It’s certainly something I would be a part of doing. I’d be interested to show different sides of Peggy."

Butters and Fazekas have also worked on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Terra Nova," "Hawaii Five-0" and even Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:02 pm 
serves the Otter

This is good news. Reaper was a terriic show and their Dollhouse and Law and Order: SVU episodes were always great. I sure hope this show gets picked up.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:36 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

ABC Renews Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Orders Agent Carter!

Post subject: Re: Agent Carter Season 1
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:56 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Characters I believe will appear on this show:

A New York City police officer named Jim Hammond.

A brilliant scientist named Phineas T. Horton.

A New York City policewoman named Betty Dean.

The Howling Commandos.

An American Naval Officer named Leonard McKenzie.

A reporter named Phil Sheldon.

Another reporter named Jeff Mace.

An independently wealthy former surgeon named Thomas Halloway.

An extra-dimensional law enforcement officer known as Aarkus.

And a little town in Northern Illinois called Timely.

If these names and places aren't familiar to you, please remember that Google is your friend.

Or, you know, I can provide links and pics if you want. I'm easy that way.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:39 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'm about 50/50 on that list. But I've never really been a "Marvel Guy" so I'm ok with that.

I would expect, at some point, (maybe sweeps week [is that still a big deal in tv land?] or the season finale) we'd see Mr. Stark and perhaps Cap as well

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:52 am 
Brand Manager

If they can get Neal McDonough to continue playing Dum Dum Dugan, I'm 100% in.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:45 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:53 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel’s Agent Carter to Premiere January 6 on ABC

SuperHeroHype

Nov 05, 2014

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” has revealed its release date! Look for Hayley Atwell to reprise her Captain America role as Peggy Carter opposite Dominic Cooper’s Howard Stark in the eight-episode limited series, officially set to premiere January 6, 2015 at 9:00pm ET/PT on ABC! “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” will, for those eight weeks, take a midseason break and then return to the same timeslot March 5 for the second half of season two.

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” also stars Chad Michael Murray (“One Tree Hill,” A Cinderella Story) as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj (“Dollhouse”) as Agent Daniel Sousa, James D’Arcy (Cloud Atlas) as Edwin Jarvis and Shea Whigham (American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street) as Chief Roger Dooley.

Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Chris Dingess, Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Stan Lee and Jeph Loeb are executive producers. “Marvel’s Agent Carter” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,” meanwhile, stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

The series is executive produced by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Agent Carter Gets a Neighbor… Bridget Regan!

SuperHeroHype

Nov 06, 2014

Just one day after the announcement of the January 6, 2015 premiere date for ABC and Marvel Television’s upcoming series “Agent Carter,” Marvel has reported the addition of a new actor to the regular cast with Bridget Regan playing Agent Peggy Carter’s neighbor, Dottie.

The actress, who has appeared on USA’s “White Collar” and in the recent Keanu Reeves action flick John Wick, will play Dottie, a “small-town girl from Iowa who’ll have a huge impact on the life of Agent Carter.”

It’s an interesting counterpoint to the fact that Steve Rogers’ neighbor in Captain America: The Winter Soldier was none other than (in the comics) Peggy’s niece, Sharon Carter (played by Emily VanCamp).

Marvel’s Head of Television, Jeph Loeb, had this to say about the addition: “Bridget Regan brings the nuance and complexity of Dottie to life in a way that leaves no doubt as to her importance to Peggy.”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:10 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I like where that's goin...