Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Captain America 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Anthony and Joe Russo Returning for Captain America 3!

SuperHeroHype

Jan 28, 2014

Variety is reporting that Marvel is so pleased with their next film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, that they've begun courting co-directors Anthony and Joe Russo to come back to the helm a third "Captain America" film.

Negotiations between the pair and the studio won't officially begin until after the sequel opens, but the trade reports that Marvel and the Russos are currently putting together an outline for the third film's story which would see Chris Evans reprise his role of Steve Rogers once again.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier will hit theaters on April 4, 2014, and following the sequel, the star spangled man can be seen in 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Post subject: Re: Captain America 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Captain America 3 to Go Up Against Batman vs. Superman?

SuperHeroHype

Mar 14, 2014

Earlier today, we ran a story in which we mentioned that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige claimed the studio wouldn't back away from their pre-planned May 6, 2016 release date, even though it shares that date with Warner Bros. Man of Steel follow-up Batman vs. Superman. Feige said that the official announcement of what that movie is would happen in the coming months, but now The Hollywood Reporter claims that the movie will be none other than Captain America 3.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Anthony and Joe Russo are currently in negotiations with Marvel to helm the third film with the pair also putting together an outline on a potential plot for the film.

A previous report saw the rumor that a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel could be the film that takes the May 6 spot. Check back here for confirmation from the studio about the date.

The second Captain America film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, will open internationally starting on March 26 and in North America on April 4.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:11 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel Confirms Captain America 3 Release Date, Will Face Batman vs. Superman in 2016

SuperHeroHype

Apr 07, 2014

Following a rumor that was ignited last month, Marvel has confirmed this morning that Captain America 3 will officially debut in theaters on May 6, 2016 where it will face off against Warner Bros.' Man of Steel follow-up, Batman vs. Superman. The second "Captain America" film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier debuted this past weekend to a new April opening record with $96.2 million.

"The Winter Soldier" directors Anthony and Joe Russo are set to return to helm the third film along with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who have penned both previous "Captain America" films.

Before debuting in his third solo film, Chris Evans will return as Captain America in Avengers: Age of Ultron, which hits theaters on May 1, 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Robert Downey Jr. Joins Captain America 3!

SuperHeroHype

Oct 13, 2014

Breaking: Marking a major twist to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s “Phase Three,” Variety is reporting that Robert Downey Jr. is close to joining the cast of Captain America 3 as Tony Stark and that the film will launch elements of the hit comic book crossover event, “Civil War” in the MCU!

The news comes on the heels of an announcement from Marvel this morning that a new “Civil War” comic book is on the way next summer.

Just last week, Downey hinted that something big was on the way, although it was briefly believed that he was referring to a fourth Iron Man film. Now, it seems quite likely that Marvel Studios has even bigger plans for Iron Man!

Anthony and Joe Russo, the sibling director pair behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier, are directing the May 6, 2016 film, which features a screenplay by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and, of course, the return of Chris Evans as the star-spangled superhero.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Ugh. Civil War. I'm not looking forward to seeing the MCU Tony turned into a fascist.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:15 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

If done right, this has HUGE potential Fone. Personally, I'm thrilled.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:19 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Other than snore 2: the dark world, I have immensely enjoyed everything from the mcu thusfar, so I have no doubts about this being great as well. Plus, I'm always up for crossover stuff. If cap 3 is gonna be cap vs iron man, bring it on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:44 am 

I'll take your guys' words for it. :) I'm just really not a fan of recent comic books. But crossover potential and MCU quality are definitely appealing.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I honestly don't care which storyline they build off of, just seeing Downey Jr's Iron Man and Evans' Cap play off each other again will be worth the price of admission.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:52 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Now that this the supposed storyline people are speculating that Sony and Marvel are gonna play nice and Spider-Man will end up a part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:32 pm 

I highly doubt that's true, but it would be, for lack of a better word, amazing. I wonder if they would recast Spidey or if it would be Andrew Garfield again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:36 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

There have been reports of Sony and Disney/Marvel talking for a while now, over what...? I know when the first Avengers was being done someone on the production was talking about how they'd planned to get Stark Tower into Spider-Man's New York and they were planning to put Oscorp in the Avengers skyline just as Easter Eggs but apparently neither production had the CGI models done in time.

Look how Marvel is dealing with the properties Fox has on the comics end of things: cancelling Fantastic Four, killing Wolverine, no creator is allowed to create any new mutants, even Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are rumored to be switching to Inhuman status instead of being mutants. Artists are being told not to do FF characters for sketch card inserts and there is little to no merchandising being done for either franchise. Spider-Man, on the other hand is still getting a big push in the comic universes.

Honestly I can't imagine them adding Spider-Man to Cap 3 unless it was just a news clip of him unmasking at a press conference. Maybe something will start there that would then go back and be fall-out in the Spider-Man series.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:16 am 

I didn't know marvel comics was doing that with the sony properties. That's kinda crappy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:41 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

First, they're doing it with the Fox properties (Xmen & Fantastic Four) - not Sony (Spider-verse). The word is that the relationship between Sony and Marvel is actually fairly cordial. There have been rumors for months like Jim says that Sony and Marvel are trying to work out a deal to bring Spidey over and vice-versa. I think it's a very good thing, because Peter was one of the key players in Civil War.

Fox on the other hand, yikes. From a couple of things I've read on EW and IGN, that relationship couldn't be worse. The last X-Men film was pretty good. But Marvel is not liking the direction the new FF film is taking, and doesn't want anything to do with it. I honestly can't say I blame them either. I'd much rather Marvel get the rights back.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:04 pm 

shishalzafrazz wrote:
I highly doubt that's true, but it would be, for lack of a better word, amazing. I wonder if they would recast Spidey or if it would be Andrew Garfield again.
It would have more impact if it were Tobey Maguire.