It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Pixar's Brave
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Full New Trailer for Pixar's Brave

Source: iTunes Movie Trailers, ComingSoon

April 24, 2012

Disney•Pixar has released the full new trailer for Brave, coming to 3D and 2D theaters on June 22. Directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, the animated adventure is voiced by Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, Julie Walters, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson and Robbie Coltrane. You can watch the trailer below the synopsis!

Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In "Brave," a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts.

Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (voice of Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (voice of Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (voice of Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (voice of Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (voice of Robbie Coltrane). Merida's actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Wise Woman (voice of Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it's too late.

Post subject: Re: Pixar's Brave
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

A New Brave Video Wishes You a Happy Father's Day

Source: ComingSoon

June 15, 2012

With just a week left before it hits theaters, Disney•Pixar's Brave has released a special video in honor of Father's Day this Sunday, June 17th. Check it out in the player below!

Directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, the animated adventure features the voices of Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, Julie Walters, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson and Robbie Coltrane.

In the film, opening in 3D and 2D theaters on June 22, Merida (Macdonald) is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (Coltrane). Merida's actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Wise Woman (Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it's too late.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:38 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Box Office: Brave Becomes Disney•Pixar's 13th #1 Movie

June 24, 2012

The ComingSoon.net Box Office Report has been updated with studio estimates for the weekend. Click here for the full box office estimates of the top 12 films and then check back on Monday for the final figures based on actual box office.

After a down weekend, things picked up at the box office this week as one of the most reliable studios at the box office, Disney•Pixar Animation, released their 13th feature-length animated film Brave, featuring the voices of Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Robbie Coltrane and Kevin McKidd. It followed suit with Disney•Pixar's previous 12 movies, opening in first place with an estimated $66.7 million in 4,164 theaters. It's Pixar Animation's fourth biggest opening after Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Up, putting it just ahead of last year's Cars 2. Brave made an additional $13.5 million overseas in 10 territories, representing roughly 17% of the film's international release.

DreamWorks Animation's Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (Paramount) dropped to second place after two weeks at #1, bringing in $20.2 million to take its three week total to $157.5 million. It's 8 million away from surpassing both of DreamWorks Animation's 2011 movies, but still has a ways to go before surpassing its predecessor's $180 million domestic take.

Maybe the idea of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter from filmmakers Timur Bekmambetov and Tim Burton looked good on paper to someone at 20th Century Fox--more than likely someone now working back in the mailroom after having used that "greenlight" stamp a bit too freely--but the historic action-thriller based on the novel by Seth Graham-Smith and starring Benjamin Walker, Anthony Mackie, Dominic Cooper, Rufus Sewell and Mary Elizabeth Winstead, joined last week's disasters with a weak third place opening of just $16.5 million in 3,106 theaters.

Ridley Scott's sci-fi prequel Prometheus (20th Century Fox) took fourth place with $10 million bringing its total domestic gross to $108.5 million, while the hit fantasy adventure Snow White and the Huntsman (Universal), starring Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart made $8 million in its fourth weekend in theaters, bringing its domestic gross to $137 million. It brought in another $22.6 million internationally this weekend to bring its global total to $297.4 million

They were followed in succession by last week's bombs, Adam Shankman's musical Rock of Ages (New Line/WB) with $8 million and Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg's comedy That's My Boy (Sony) with $7.8 million, both movies having made between $28 and 29 million after ten days.

The biggest blockbuster hit of 2012, Marvel's The Avengers (Disney), took in another $7 million for eighth place with a terrific hold so it was only down 21% from last weekend. With $598 million grossed in the past two months, the movie's a mere day or two away from crossing the $600 million mark, only the third movie domestically to do that.

Will Smith's hit comedy Men in Black 3 (Sony) took ninth place with $5.6 million and $163.3 million total domestically, while adding another $10.5 million internationally to bring its global total to $414 million.

Maybe Lorene Scafaria's idea for an apocalyptic romantic comedy called Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (Focus Features) and starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley looked good to someone on paper... oh, wait. We already used that joke. It also didn't do very well, barely getting into the Top 10 with $3.8 million in 1,618 theaters. By comparison, Focus Features' other release, Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom (Focus Features) brought in $3.4 million in just 395 theaters for 11th place with $11.7 million total gross. Next weekend, it expands nationwide and should be back in the Top 10.

This week's Top 10 grossed an estimated $144.3 million, which is still down from last year by roughly 11%. Even though Brave opened higher than last year's Cars 2, last year also had the benefit of Cameron Diaz's Bad Teacher taking second place with $31.6 million.

In limited release, Woody Allen's comedy anthology To Rome with Love (Sony Pictures Classics), his follow-up to the Oscar-winning Midnight in Paris, this one starring Alec Baldwin, Jesse Eisenberg, Ellen Page, Roberto Benigni, Greta Gerwig and Allen himself, brought in a phenomenal $379 thousand in just five theaters in New York and Los Angeles, averaging over $75 thousand per venue. That's slightly lower than Midnight in Paris' performance which averaged $90 thousand when it opened in six theaters.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I saw this with the GF on Friday. It was pretty good. I'd even say much better than the reviewers thought (75% on RT). Granted it was no Toy Store or Finding Nemo. I liked it about as much as Up and give it a solid A-.

The thing that surprised me the most was the comedy. From the trailers I figured it would be an adventure first, comedy second. But it was really funny in a lot of spots, and many of the best jokes haven't been spoiled by the trailers yet.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:52 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
I saw this with the GF on Friday. It was pretty good. I'd even say much better than the reviewers thought (75% on RT). Granted it was no Toy Store or Finding Nemo. I liked it about as much as Up and give it a solid A-.

My wife really liked it-although I havent seen it yet - And its odd how you rank them--

Toy Story is decent- but I dont like the character of Woody (and it seems like a remake of the Muppet Christmas Toy) -- and I am really not a fan of Finding Nemo, I prefered UP much more

My top Three Pixars are

Monsters Inc.
Incredibles
Up

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

After TS3, Incredibles is my second favorite.

Nothing thus far has beaten the emotional gut punch of Andy giving his toys away at the end of TS3 to the little girl. I cried like a baby in the theater and still tear up at that scene even though I've seen it half a dozen times by now.

Incredibles was my number one prior to that.

Up was too somber for my tastes, but I still enjoyed it more than Cars, Rattatouie(sp?), or Bug's Life.

I guess my top five would be:

1) TS3
2) Incredibles
3) Finding Nemo
4) TS
5) Monsters Inc.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Disney-Pixar Reveals Two Brave Easter Eggs

July 3, 2012

Disney•Pixar is famous for hiding secret "easter eggs" in all of their films and, today they've revealed two of the big ones from their latest, Brave. Check them out below and, if you're headed to check out the film in theaters, see if you can spot some more and share your findings below!

ANCIENT DELIVERY: The Witch, an eccentric crone disguised as a woodcarver specializing in whittling wooden bear figurines and conjuring haphazard spells, showcases her mysterious and inexplicable knowledge of the future with a carved figurine of the infamous Pizza Planet truck, an iconic delivery vehicle that’s appeared in nearly every full-length feature film from Pixar Animation Studios since 1995’s Toy Story.

NO MONSTERS IN THE CLOSET: A carving of Sulley, the lovable blue monster slated to return to the big screen in 2013’s Monsters University, appears on a piece of wood in the home of the Witch, an eccentric crone and woodcarver.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:13 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Should have posted this sooner, but if you go make sure to sit through all of the credits for a bonus joke. Nothing you'll miss if you don't see it, but it will make you chuckle in a very good way!