Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Booster Gold
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:29 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Geoff Johns announced on Twitter last night that SyFy has started development of a Booster Gold program.

No further details have been announced, and I haven't heard anything about this from any other source, but hopefully soon we'll be getting some details.

While SyFy original movies don't always leave much to be desired, I do love their original programming. This might be something worth looking forward to...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject: Re: Booster Gold
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Booster Gold TV Show Still on Track

by SuperHeroHype

July 13, 2012

Reported last November, Booster Gold is on track to make his live action TV debut and it's getting ever so closer. In an interview with IGN, writer Andrew Kreisberg offered up some info about how the project is coming along. Check it out below.

Created by Dan Jurgens in 1986 and featured in his own eponymous series, Booster Gold is the superheroic identity of Michael Jon Carter, a resident of the 25th century who travels back in time to the present day DC Universe. There, he makes use of his futuristic technology to become a hero, at first eschewing traditional heroic notions of justice and nobility and instead signing endorsement deals and shamelessly self-promoting.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:39 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Could The CW's Arrow Meet Up with Booster Gold?

by SuperHeroHype

May 14, 2013

We've previously reported about Syfy's interest in doing a TV series based on the popular DC character Booster Gold and the last we heard, writer Andrew Kreisberg was still working on the pilot script for the show. There's been no mention previously about this show potentially hooking up with the other DC show Kreisberg is involved with, The CW's Arrow. Now, in an interview with KSiteTV (via CBM), Kreisberg teased that the upcoming series could potentially take place in the same universe.

"DC has been really good about letting us play with their roster. We’d never say never to anybody. Kord Industries actually plays a part in my Booster Gold pilot, so, who knows. He might be on two different shows, played by two different actors.....There’s a line in the Booster Gold pilot where somebody says “we finally have our own hero. Not like that nut in Starling City with the hood.” I don’t know if they’re going to let me keep that line over there, if they [Syfy] actually make the pilot, but it sort of makes me smile to think that it’s the same universe."

The creative team for Arrow has been very strict in their adherence to a "No Super Powers" policy, which technically Booster Gold would fit into as his abilities stem from technology. It's just the matter of his time travel that might not sit well with the "realistic" approach being brought to Arrow. What do you think? Should these two shows take place in the same universe? Sound off below!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

If they share the same actors, yes. If they don't, no.

And Arrow needs to rid itself of that "no superpowers" rule. It's limiting their options of what DC characters they can use.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.