Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Bourne Legacy
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Full New Trailer for The Bourne Legacy!

Source: iTunes Movie Trailers, ComingSoon

May 31, 2012

Universal Pictures has released the new trailer for Tony Gilroy's The Bourne Legacy, starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac.

The narrative architect behind the "Bourne" film series, Gilroy takes the helm in the next chapter of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office. The writer/director expands the "Bourne" universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films.

The Bourne Legacy hits theaters on August 3.

Post subject: Re: The Bourne Legacy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:52 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First TV Spot for The Bourne Legacy

Source: ComingSoon

June 4, 2012

Universal Pictures has started airing the first TV spot for The Bourne Legacy which you can watch using the player below.

Opening in theaters on August 3, the action thriller stars Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac.

The film introduces us to a new hero (Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Bourne Legacy Moves Back One Week

June 22, 2012

It happens every summer, the last-minute shuffling of release schedules and today it's been announced there will be another major one as Universal Pictures has decided to move Tony Gilroy's The Bourne Legacy, starring Jeremy Renner, back one week to August 10.

It makes perfect sense, because originally it was going up against another action movie, the Len Wiseman-directed remake of Total Recall, starring Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, and Kate Beckinsale, and now it's also able to get away from the third weekend of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, which is likely to still be going strong by early August.

The movie now just has to face the Will Ferrell-Zach Galifianakis political comedy The Campaign and Meryl Streep, Steve Carell and Tommy Lee Jones in the adult-oriented Hope Springs.

At the same time, Deadline is reporting on recent Vancouver reshoots on the movie that will reboot the franchise sans original star Matt Damon, while clarifying that they had nothing to do with the decision to move release dates. Last minute reshoots are nothing new and often done to improve small things in the story, and the film's second unit director and stunt coordinator Dan Bradley (who performed the same functions on "Ultimatum") was at the helm for the two days of pick-ups.

They also confirm that the decision to move The Bourne Legacy was more in response to exhibitors complaining about having two high profile action movies being released on the same date.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Damon and Renner to Team Up in Fifth Bourne Movie?

June 27, 2012

Empire talked to The Bourne Legacy director/co-writer Tony Gilroy, producer Frank Marshall and star Jeremy Renner.

Renner told the magazine that his character, Aaron Cross, is "coming from a completely different background to Jason [Bourne]. He knows exactly who he is; he signed up to this...He wants to be part of a team. I can tell you he was in the military then he joined the [program]. He's a person who wants to be part of something... to have a sense of purpose. But then it's taken away."

Marshall, however, dropped the more interesting bit: "You see there are several different [programs] in the movie with different skill sets. All possibilities are open. My dream is that in the next one we see Matt and Jeremy team up."

That would be quite something. The action thriller, also starring Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, opens in theaters on August 10.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Bourne Legacy Reveals an International Poster

July 5, 2012

A brand-new international poster for The Bourne Legacy is now online and you can check it out below, courtesy of IMP Awards.

Starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, The Bourne Legacy hits theaters on August 10.

The narrative architect behind the "Bourne" film series, director Tony Gilroy takes the helm in the next chapter of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office. The writer/director expands the "Bourne" universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Jeremy Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:44 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I think this'll flop without Damon.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Shellhead wrote:
I think this'll flop without Damon.

Possibly, but they're not replacing the actor it's a different character. Jeremy Rummer has got Mission Impossible and Avengers under his belt, and seems convincing as a bad ass, so I reckon fans of his and the previous films will give it a shot. Plus, it makes sense that Jason Bourne wouldn't be the be all and end all of an agency training elite agents, I mean he had some tough competition trying to take him out in the other films so there could be someone better than him.

I'll be watching it anyway. So yeah, thats one movie ticket off the cost of making the film!! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:26 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Is Damon REALLY that big of a box office draw? I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies yet but unless Damon's performances in the first three films were Oscar-worthy and I just never heard about it I hardly think he's irreplaceble. It all depends on how good the movie itself is.

Now, Jim Carrey is an actor that is irreplaceble for sequels. You'd think after the bombs of movies based off of Ace Ventura, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber and Bruce Almighty producers should learn that if Carrey says no to a sequel they should just not revisit the franchise at all.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con Exclusive: Matt Damon Endorses the New Bourne

July 14, 2012

Matt Damon made his first time ever appearance at Comic-Con yesterday and before the Sony panel in Hall H where he was appearing for Neill Blomkamp's science fiction epic Elysium, ComingSoon.net had a chance to sit down with the actor for a few minutes.

Since we hadn't spoken to Damon since last year's We Bought a Zoo and with The Bourne Legacy only a few weeks away, we decided to ask the question on many minds and that's whether he has had a chance to see it yet and how he felt about the new direction they were taking with his lucrative franchise.

"They were running the trailer a lot on the NBA finals so I saw that, but no I haven't seen anything. I'm sure it's going to be good," he told us before giving the movie an unseen endorsement. "Renner's terrific, he's great and I really believe him in that world. I believe him in anything really. He's an awesome actor, and Tony (Gilroy's) a really super smart guy and a great writer and director and I'm sure he wouldn't have done it unless he had a really good idea and a way that he thought it could really work."

Many people have been wondering if there might ever be some sort of crossover between Jeremy Renner's character Aaron Cross and the original Bourne played by Damon,

"I really want to do another one and I think Paul Greengrass does too," he said, "But I think it's the same question we've had after each one. If we really feel we can do it and that it will deserve to live with the other three that we did. If we can make one where we go into it feeling it can be even better than those, and it ends up being in that same ballpark, then we should do it. But If we can't, then we really should leave it alone."

That's pretty much what Damon and Greengrass were saying around the time of Green Zone, but if The Bourne Legacy is successful, maybe that'll get Paul Greengrass thinking of ways to bring back Damon's character and I'm sure everyone would love to see that.

Look for our exclusive video interview with Damon talking about Neill Blomkamp's Elysium very soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Clip From The Bourne Legacy Hits

Source: IGN, ComingSoon

July 18, 2012

Universal Pictures has released this new action-packed clip from The Bourne Legacy, hitting theaters on August 10.

The narrative architect behind the "Bourne" film series, Tony Gilroy, takes the helm in the next chapter of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office: "The Bourne Legacy." The writer/director expands the "Bourne" universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Jeremy Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films.

For The Bourne Legacy, Renner joins fellow series newcomers Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, while franchise veterans Albert Finney, Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Scott Glenn reprise their roles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Check Out a New Clip From The Bourne Legacy

July 19, 2012

Universal Pictures has released, via Yahoo! Movies, a new clip from Tony Gilroy's The Bourne Legacy, starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac.

The narrative architect behind the "Bourne" film series, Gilroy takes the helm in the next chapter of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office. The writer/director expands the "Bourne" universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films.

The Bourne Legacy hits theaters on August 10th.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:38 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Watch Rachel Weisz Discuss The Bourne Legacy

August 6, 2012

Universal Pictures has released, via Yahoo! Movies, a new featurette from Tony Gilroy's The Bourne Legacy, starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac. The video, which you can check out in the player below, features Rachel Weisz talking about her role as Dr. Marta Shearing.