Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel to Center on Huntsman?

Source: ComingSoon

April 9, 2012

Universal Pictures' Snow White and the Huntsman opens in theaters on June 1st, and if it's as successful as the studio hopes it will be, they would like to continue the franchise, naturally. Universal chief Ron Meyer talked to The Hollywood Reporter about how they could possibly accomplish that:

Meyer said that while the upcoming Snow White and the Huntsman doesn’t appear to lend itself to a sequel, Universal thinks it can do more movies based on the character of the Huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) if it is successful.

The Rupert Sanders-directed film stars Kristen Stewart as Snow White and Charlize Theron as the evil queen Ravenna. It's unclear whether we would see them again in the possible follow-up considering Meyer's thoughts above.

In Snow White and the Huntsman, Stewart ("The Twilight Saga") plays the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman who was dispatched to kill her.

Post subject: Re: Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

David Koepp in Talks to Draft Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel

April 27, 2012

There's still more than a month to go before Universal Pictures' Snow White and the Huntsman hits theaters on June 1st, but Deadline is reporting that the studio is in talks with David Koepp to begin work on scripting a sequel.

In the first part of the epic action-adventure, Kristen Stewart (The Twilight Saga) plays the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Charlize Theron) who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with Hemsworth's huntsman, who was dispatched to kill her.

Previous reports suggest that ideas for a sequel have been on the table for some time and that one area of focus would be on Chris Hemsworth's Huntsman character.

Koepp is one of the more prolific screenwriters working today and has worked on films like Mission: Impossible, Spider-Man and Panic Room.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:02 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Universal Moving Forward with a Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel

June 8, 2012

It was reported back in April that Universal Pictures was keen to move forward with a big screen followup to their Snow White and the Huntsman and brought David Koepp aboard to begin drafting a sequel even before the Rupert Sanders fairytale epic hit theaters. Now, Deadline reports that their faith was not misplaced and, thanks to a $56 million opening weekend, a sequel is moving forward with Sanders sought to return.

The first film, now in theaters, stars Kristen Stewart (The Twilight Saga) as the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Charlize Theron) who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with Chris Hemsworth's huntsman, who was dispatched to kill her.

Previous reports hinted that a big screen followup could focus primarily on the huntsman.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Kristen Stewart Confirmed for Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel

December 21, 2012

Leading lady Kristen Stewart today confirmed to ET that she'll be back as the fairytale lead in a sequel to this year's Snow White and the Huntsman.

"Oh, it's gonna be f--ing amazing," Stewart told the outlet. "No, I'm so excited about it, it's crazy," she says about the sequel. "I'm not allowed [to talk about it]. The other day I said that there was a strong possibility that we're going to make a sequel, and that's very true, but everyone was like, 'Whoa, stop talking about it.' So no, I'm totally not allowed to talk about it."

The original film also starred Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth, Sam Claflin, Ray Winstone, Ian McShane, Eddie Izzard, Bob Hoskins, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan, Stephen Graham, Ray Winstone, Lily Cole, Sam Spruell, Liberty Ross and Noah Huntley and re-imagined the classic fairytale adventure in a fantasy landscape.

Director Rupert Sanders will not be returning for the sequel, but previous reports hinted that the franchise might continue without Stewart and, instead, would focus on Hemsworth's Huntsman character. Stewart's fans should be pleased to know that that appears to no longer be the case and that she'll be back on the big screen as the fairest in the land.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Frank Darabont in Talks to Direct Snow White and the Huntsman Spin-Off

Source: ComingSoon, The Hollywood Reporter, TheWrap

June 26, 2014

Frank Darabont is in talks to direct Universal's The Huntsman, a spin-off of the 2012 release Snow White and the Huntsman.

Thor and Avengers star Chris Hemsworth is returning as the title character along with Charlize Theron, who played the villain in the first film, which was directed by Rupert Sanders and earned almost $400 million worldwide. Kristen Stewart is not expected to return as Snow White. If she does, it would most likely just be a cameo.

Darabont's feature directorial credits include The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist. He also developed and executive produced the first season of "The Walking Dead."

Joe Roth is again producing The Huntsman.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:18 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Does anyone still care about this franchise? At all? I would rather see another Leprechaun sequel than this movie.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:18 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

actually Leprechaun just got a reboot through WWE film productions starring "Hornswaggle" (I forget his real name). Pretty sure it is going direct to On-Demand at this point.

Couldn't have said it better myself.