Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wonder Woman cameo role?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:25 am 
Damage Control

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... e/3869533/

I dunno how to take this … I hope that the gal is somewhat has a wonder woman build.

:shock:

Post subject: Re: Wonder Woman cameo role?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:59 am 
4" scale

She's Israeli which means she has had military training. Likewise, there's more than enough time for her to train and bulk up. By the time a WW film comes along, she could be muscular.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:10 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

They need to get here an HGH IV drip started immediately cuz shes is rail ass thin and does not look the part at all.

This is just another in a long line of bad castings in superhero movies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:25 pm 
Aspires to be #1

GeekVarietyDotCom wrote:
They need to get here an HGH IV drip started immediately cuz shes is rail ass thin and does not look the part at all.

This is just another in a long line of bad castings in superhero movies.

I disagree. I think she could do well with the part. Does need to beef up a little though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:37 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I almost don't care whether she can act at all. There's plenty of great actresses out there. She needs to exude Amazonian physically. She should be in a room full of normal sized men and be physically imposing/intimidating. I don't think any amount of bulking up is going to do that for her. Sure she's pretty, but so are a 10,000 other actresses. She may even be a good/very good actress. So are another couple hundred actresses in her age range. But is she Diana of Themyscira? Hardly. :(

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:05 pm 

alcinde4 wrote:
I almost don't care whether she can act at all. There's plenty of great actresses out there. She needs to exude Amazonian physically. She should be in a room full of normal sized men and be physically imposing/intimidating. I don't think any amount of bulking up is going to do that for her. Sure she's pretty, but so are a 10,000 other actresses. She may even be a good/very good actress. So are another couple hundred actresses in her age range. But is she Diana of Themyscira? Hardly. :(

NAILED IT!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:32 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

alright ... for a different take on this (not that I am by any means right mind you)...

with the technology available in today's movie making, does her size really matter?

Look at what they did with the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. they are scaling actors up and down all over the place depending on the needs of the scene and, for the most part, it isn't really noticeable (yes there are a few glaring moments when you can't help but notice, but overall ... pretty cool effects).

So, with that in mind, Diana need only be very athletically fit/tone, a beauty to look at, and a truly intimidating warrior. I think this actress can do that, especially with some targeted training to bulk up her muscle tone.

Hell, Ben Affleck stands a good 4" over Henry Cavill and I don't care what anyone says, "Superman" should be the taller of the two.

Plus, do we really think that we will see a lot of "Wonder Woman" in this movie? I'm more of the mindset that we'll get Diana Prince, and maybe a glimpse of WW.

In the end, this is all just meaningless Nerd-rage. It won't stop anyone of us from seeing the film. Or the followup, spin-off, sequel off shoot either.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:30 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

How DARE you use logic and common sense during a fanboy argument! :x

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:36 am 
Aspires to be #1

You guys sound like the smart phone crowd. She's a terrible choice! Well who's better? She's a terrible choice!

I think you're underestimating her. And like I've said before, if they can make Tom Cruise look like anything other than a midget, they can do anything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:57 am 

You know what this reminds me of honestly, all the talk of how awesome Sarah Palin would be as President if McCain died had they both gotten elected. People were so superficially hung up on her being attractive that they didn't stop to listen to her speak and realize what a flaming idiot she was.

I think there is a lot of that going on right now where people are thinking with their ***** and not being objective about this and it has nothing to do with fanboy arguments or anything else honestly. It has to do with the initial reaction that this girl is skinny and has big **** and fits the pop-culture mainstream definition of what a woman "should" look like.

Gadot fits a stereotype of modern beauty and is being shoehorned into a role to meet studio expectations of what they want Wonder Woman to look like so that they can maximize ticket sales and market this popular looking person to the masses of fanboys with ******** who will buy action figures and turn her into their new internet girlfriend. Acting ability has nothing to do with it because A, its a cameo and B, movies are superficial and care more about window dressing than actual substance or maintaining credibility in character.

I keep reading people say shes a great actor when she literally has said maybe 23 words collectively in her acting career. SHES NOT A GREAT ACTOR SO STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR ***** WITH THIS LINE, IT DOESN'T HOLD WATER!

Last edited by Jim_Abell on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Language

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:03 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

... serenity now ....
... serenity now .....

SERENITY NOW!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Tell us what you REALLY think, Geek.

:lol:

They could have done worse, I suppose. I would have liked the chick who plays Sif better. She looks like Wonder Woman to me.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 am 

Shellhead wrote:
Tell us what you REALLY think, Geek.

:lol:

They could have done worse, I suppose. I would have liked the chick who plays Sif better. She looks like Wonder Woman to me.

Jaimie Alexander would have been great but she's flat chested as hell and the studios want someone who can fill a corset out better. I love Alexander and she has some decent acting ability, physically shes not flashy enough for the studios, I think shes about perfect but I'm not a casting director.

I think when it comes down to it the studios are looking for someone cheap and someone with tinklebobs. They have big names eating up budgets as is with the rest of the cast so they needed someone inexpensive with big tinklebobs and she fits the bill. Shes new and has no cache so she wont get paid much and she has big enough tinklebobs that they can boost em up and bad em into a nice corset to show them off and get attention for the movie.

I suppose they could and its not the casting that is fueling my discontent right now as much as the apologists on forums and message boards and blog all over calling her a "great actress" when she quite literally has not been proven.

The knee jerk ****** are just as bad as everyone deriding the casting if not worse honestly and I get sick of the foolishness on both sides. I'm trying to base my opinion on stated knowledge which to this point all we have to go on is how she looks and her acting roles to date.

She does not at all look the part, granted we don't need a bruiser, but we need someone with some sort of physical stature above that of a stick figure. AND SECOND, we have next to nothing in the way of an actual acting career to judge her for the role by. She has said so little and done so little aside from traipsing around barely dressed and maybe shooting a gun to judge her acting abilities so when I hear people say shes a great actress, I FIRMLY believe they are talking through the ends of their ***** and their words are tantamount to tissue leavings.

Maybe my discontent is just as bad as the nerd rage and nerd boners out there but I am trying to level a reasoned argument here, one based on available information and logic, but who am I trying to kid, this is the internet and those things are in as short supply here as common sense would seem to be in the real world.

Last edited by Jim_Abell on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Language

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:13 am 
4" scale

As with most casting decisions, I'll reserve judgement till I see her on screen and how she fits in to their vision of the DC Universe. She may not be the ideal actress but many factors come into play with casting. WB wanted Karl Urban as Batman (and he would have been my choice too) but he was committed to Almost Human and couldn't do the films. Josh Brolin would have been good too but negotiations fell through. Nevertheless, I'm sure she went through the ringer before she was selected. In the end, it's all about the final film. Many films have casts that sound good on paper but don't hold up in the final product. And then there are those that make you question why (Heath Ledger as the Joker, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman) and do wonderfully.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 am 
Damage Control

Gina Carano had my vote. She could punch a hole in my face anytime.