It is currently Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Indiana Jones 5
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

George Lucas on a Fifth Indiana Jones

Source: comingsoon.net

May 18, 2008

Fox News' Roger Friedman caught up with George Lucas at the Cannes Film Festival who revealed there's more than a strong possibility there will be a fifth "Indiana Jones" movie.

He says that he and director Steven Spielberg have left the door open for a sequel to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he told Friedman. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LaBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

Go here for more of the interview!

Mike
(Image)

Post subject: Re: Indiana Jones 5
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:48 am 
Quote:
"But I have an idea to make Shia [LaBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Kinda expected it actually.

Quote:
"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he told Friedman.

And this really doesn't surprise me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:17 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

‘Indiana Jones 5’ Won’t Center on Shia LaBeouf, Insists George Lucas

Source: MTV

Aug 5, 2008

[i]This past May, two weeks before “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skullâ€

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

George Lucas confirms ‘Indiana Jones 5' with Harrison Ford

Source: newspostonline

Dec 16, 2008

[i]Melbourne, December 16 (ANI): Director-producer George Lucas has confirmed that the fifth sequel to the ‘Indiana Jones’ series would see Harrison Ford reprising the leading role.

The creator of the archaeologist-adventurer character ‘Indiana Jones’ revealed that the filmmakers would get behind the lens as soon as they thought of something worth chasing by the character.

“Weâ€

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:51 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
It might be cool if they make another Indy, as long as it doesn't have Shia in it, (nothing against the guy but I just didn't like his character, or the fact that Indy had a son at all) to me Indy 4 was a huge disappointment, aliens and Indy don't mix IMO,

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:46 am 
5th Horseman

Dusty wrote:
...to me Indy 4 was a huge disappointment, aliens and Indy don't mix IMO,

Thank you. Trading mythology off for sci-fi did not work well IMO. It wasn't a bad movie, but it just didn't feel like Indiana Jones. Nothing in this movie was small, either. It was trying so hard to live up to the others and it just didn't have the intimacy and charm to pull it off.

With a new Indy movie, there are two possibilities (well three really): (a) It's awesome and they get it right and it exceeds all expectations, (b) it's just as mediocre as the last and it pretty much leaves a big scar on the name Indiana Jones (c) in the event the film is mediocre, it may as well be completely awful, a possibility in and of itself, it's not like it would cause any more damage than already done at that point).

I think Indiana Jones gave a valiant effort to return, but best to let it go. We got to hear the theme again, and we got some nice marketing gimmicks and games from Burger King, not to mention re-releases of the trilogy and a decent action figure line (the best outcome from the whole sequel debacle).

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:34 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Yeah, Indy 4 wasn't bad but it just wasn't Indiana Jones,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:48 pm 
active in the community

The Alien stuff was really lame but it was nice to see Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood again. I learned my lesson from the Star Wars prequels and didn't buy into the hype this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:30 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

LaBeouf Says Next Indiana Jones Moving Forward

June 16, 2009

In an interview with BBC News, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf says that it looks like a follow-up to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is moving forward.

"Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they're gearing that up," LaBeouf said. Last summer's blockbuster was made for about $185 million and earned $786.6 million worldwide. It was the second-highest earner of 2008, behind just The Dark Knight.

LaBeouf also briefly talked about the Wall Street sequel that teams him with director Oliver Stone and Michael Douglas. "'Money Never Sleeps' is, I think, the official title now," he said.

Mike
(Image)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ford Says There's a Storyline for Indiana Jones 5

Source:comingsoon.net

March 2, 2010

Harrison Ford tells the BBC that there's a storyline for the fifth "Indiana Jones" film. The actor, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas have come up with a rough outline for the follow-up to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

"Steven and George and I are sort of agreed on a germ of an idea and we're seeing what comes of it."

He added that, despite coming up with an idea for the movie, people won't see the movie for some time.

"The process works like this," he said. "We come to some basic agreement and then George goes away for a long time and works on it. Then Steven and I get it in some form, some embryonic form. Then if we like it we start working with George on it and at some point down the line it's ready and we do it."

"Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" earned $786.6 million worldwide.

Mike
(Image)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:36 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Let's not wait another 20 years for your "process", hey George? The man is 68 already!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 pm 
proverbial old fart

Considering how miserable the last one was, let's let Indiania retire in peace... :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:39 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Indiana Jones and the New Rumor Mill

Bermuda Triangle? More monkeys?!

June 8, 2010

by Jason Lieberman

A new report online claims to have plot details to the fifth Indiana Jones film - and that it will begin shooting next year.

According to the New Zealand news site Stuff, much of the plot line of Indiana Jones V will be centered around the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft are said to have disappeared.

"George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source explained. "Harrison [Ford] is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added.

Thanks to Ain't It Cool News for the tip.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mutt Williams to Return in Indiana Jones V?

August 20, 2010

Shia LaBeouf has plans to once again star alongside Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones as his son, Mutt Williams, says a report from ShowbizSpy.

The actor is quoted as saying that he's been pitched the idea for the fifth film in the franchise by Steven Spielberg himself.

"They're script writing right now," said LaBeouf, "...[I]t sounds crazy. It sounds really cool."

Though it's impossible to say how long the writing process might take, LaBeouf's comments seem to be the first confirmation that a fifth Indiana Jones adventure will indeed be a sequel to 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, for example, was technically a prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark, a storytelling technique that George Lucas and Spielberg don't seem to have plans to revisit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Shia LaBeouf Hasn't Given Up on Indiana Jones 5

So why should you?

June 8, 2011

Have you read that recent interview with Steven Spielberg over at AICN? It's really great and reminds one why Spielberg is, well, Spielberg. And then you hear that an Indiana Jones 5 might still be happening, and it's like… what? How could the thoughtful, insightful, cool dude in that interview be the same person who made Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

Anyhow, Shia LaBeouf showed up at the MTV Movie Awards this weekend -- looking practically elderly compared to many of the other folks in attendance -- where he briefly discussed the proposed fifth Indy film.

"I talked to [Harrison Ford]," LaBeouf told MTV. "He said he's staying in the gym, he said he's heard no word, but he does know that [George Lucas] is out there looking for a MacGuffin. He said he's staying in the gym, so it means [the movie is] not so far off."

Hm? What about staying in the gym for staying in the gym's sake?

"I mean, he's got to let it sit," says the star of Lucas. "He's going through his ruminations, which [are] extensive."