Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Mockingbird Lane
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 pm 
Collector Inspector

I liked it. And I would tune in again if there was more.
Eddie Izzard did steal the show. The scene between him and Marilyn at the neighbors doorstep was hilarious.
The end scene when Herman wakes up and Grandpa is drinking to Jimi Hendrix was awesome.
The funniest part was when Grandpa, Eddie, and Marilyn are in that camouflage forest thing, and then Grandpa starts sliding to the side. Sat there wondering "where is he going?"
I think part of the problem is that they are going from basically a slapstick comedy to a modern "dramedy".
But at the same time I like watching tv shows that are driven by character interaction.

I would have loved a later ep where the boyscout leader somehow came back from the dead.
Perhaps an ep that showed Marilyn isn't as normal as she looks.

Post subject: Re: Mockingbird Lane
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:47 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

NBC Not Moving Forward with Mockingbird Lane

Source: ComingSoon

December 28, 2012

Consider October's "Halloween special" Mockingbird Lane a one-off. It has been decided by NBC execs that Bryan Fuller's reboot of "The Munsters" will not return to the small screen. Fuller broke the news via Twitter.

The showrunner said: “I tweet with a heavy heart. NBC not moving forward with #MockingbirdLane. From producers and cast, thank you all for enthusiasm and support."

The show's future was shaking when it was rumored NBC was going to pass on the pilot until the network decided to air it as a Halloween special in late October. It received fairly good reviews (read ShockTillYouDrop.com's review here) and ratings (5.4 million viewers). Still, that does not appear to be enough to sustain the network's interest.