Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Comes to ABC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. May be Coming in Fall 2013

by SuperHeroHype

December 18, 2012

The cast is almost fully assembled for Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D., which is being set up at ABC and is expected to begin filming in January of 2013, but when can we see the show actually on the air? Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel TV, says to expect it next year (via Previewsworld.com.)

"Well...we have a 'little' pilot for television that you might have heard about called Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. co-written, directed, and Executive Produced by none other than Joss Whedon!" Loeb said, adding,"Working with Joss, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell on the show is a blast! And bringing in Clark Gregg to play Agent Phil Coulson -- the best! Hopefully we will be on in the Fall of 2013 on ABC!"

Joining Clark Gregg are actors Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, and Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May. But what about S.H.I.E.L.D. boss Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury? Will he appear on the show?

"I don't know. I keep hearing about it, and I haven't talked to Joss about it," Jackson told MTV. "But in my mind, I would tend to think that he would, if nothing else, be like Charlie in 'Charlie's Angels.' At least be the voice!"

Joss Whedon will direct the pilot and co-write it with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chloe Bennet Joins Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.

by SuperHeroHype

December 19, 2012

THR is reporting that "Nashville" star Chloe Bennet has been cast in Joss Whedon's upcoming television show Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Her character is "Skye" and she's described as "a confident woman who is slightly obsessed with superhero culture and the shadow organizations that exist within it. She's edgy and can out-talk anyone with her unflappable nature." Sounds like a character in a Joss Whedon show if we've ever heard of one.

Bennet joins Clark Gregg, who returns as Agent Coulson, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, and Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May. Currently S.H.I.E.L.D. head honcho Samuel L. Jackson hasn't been announced for the show, but he has shown interest.

The series will begin filming in January and is expected to air in the fall of 2013. Joss Whedon will direct the pilot and co-write it with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. will be executive produced by the Whedons, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

ABC President Talks About Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.

by SuperHeroHype

January 10, 2013

Paul Lee, the entertainment president at ABC, spoke at the Television Critics Association today and had a few things to say about the pilot for Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. which is currently in production. (via TV Line).

He said the pilot has been put on the fast-track and will be ready for review "a lot earlier" than the other pilots ABC has in production. Lee says the script is "Great" with "a lot of funny male/female relationships” as well as “a lot of action.”

Lee was quoted a few months ago as calling the script 'Very Joss'. When asked to clarify what that meant he said: “You know how Joss is so high/low? How he’s able to be intense and epic and suddenly funny/silly? He’s got that ability to be super-entertaining.”

He also said that should the pilot be picked up to series, that “Joss is very engaged and already working on scripts” and the show could conceivably air any day at any time slot because “Marvel has the ability to bring the whole family.”

Whedon is currently directing the pilot for Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. from a script that he co-wrote with his brother Jed and Maurissa Tancharoen. Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. will be executive produced by the Whedons, Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb.

Marvel alum Clark Gregg will reprise his role of Agent Coulson in the series. He's joined by Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, and Chloe Bennet as Skye.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Crosses fingers.

PLEASE don't end up like Aquaman/Mercy Reef.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:54 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Will Take Place After The Avengers

by SuperHeroHype

January 11, 2013

Ever since it was announced that Marvel favorite Clark Gregg would be returning as Agent Phil Coulson in the upcoming TV series Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D., questions have abounded about where it takes place in the timeline of the films. That's now been put to rest. IGN spoke with ABC President Paul Lee, who said flat out that the series takes place after the events of The Avengers.

“There is no question that it is part of the Marvel Universe. In fact, the story takes place after the battle for New York."

Lee, like Whedon said yesterday, made sure we know the series will take place on it's own terms and be it's own story.

“This is S.H.I.E.L.D. They’re following their own particular stories. There are characters in it, Coulson, who clearly come from Avengers. So it’s part of the world, but we’re going to be very, very careful that we don’t tread on the toes of the features and build a whole new world. And that’s what Joss Whedon does better than anybody else. He’s built a world for us.”

The biggest question that this brings up is how Agent Coulson is around for this series given his unexpected demise in last summer's The Avengers. Life Model decoys anyone?

The pilot for Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. will begin filming later this month and is expected to air this fall if picked up for series. In the show, Clark Gregg is joined by Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, and Chloe Bennet as Skye. Joss Whedon will direct the pilot and co-write it with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

S.H.I.E.L.D. Truck Spotted En Route to Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.

by SuperHeroHype

January 21, 2013

The pilot for Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. starts filming tomorrow and two separate Twitter users spotter a S.H.I.E.L.D. truck on its way to the set. You can see those photos by clicking here and here.

The pilot for Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. is expected to air this fall if it's picked up for series. In the show, Clark Gregg reprises his role as Agent Phil Coulson and he is joined by Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, and Chloe Bennet as Skye. Joss Whedon will direct the pilot and co-write it with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. It has been confirmed that the series will take place after the events of The Avengers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Begins Filming, Launches Social Media Accounts

by SuperHeroHype

January 23, 2013

Marvel Studios' first live action TV series Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. has officially begun production and they've launched official Facebook and Twitter accounts that you can follow for continuous updates about the new series.

If those two aren't enough for you, then you should check out the executive producer's accounts. Jed Whedon (Joss' brother) and his wife Maurissa Tancharoen are both on Twitter and have been posting about the series since shooting began. You can also find Agent Coulson himself, Clark Gregg, along with actress Ming-Na Wen, who plays Agent Melinda May.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:19 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Cobie Smulders on Her Future in the Marvel Universe

by SuperHeroHype

January 26, 2013

Already set to reprise her Marvel's The Avengers role of Agent Maria Hill in the soon-to-shoot Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Cobie Smulders tells IAmRogue that she's in talks to join the cast of the upcoming television project "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D", should the pilot go to series.

"The commitments to ['How I Met Your Mother'] don’t affect it," Smulders told the site. "and I can’t really say but there are definite talks about it… I will do Maria Hill until they fire me and hire someone else to do it."

Smulders, who also stars regularly on "How I Met Your Mother", can next be seen in the Nicholas Sparks adaptation Safe Haven, opening February 14.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:56 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals an On-Set Photo

by SuperHeroHype

February 08, 2013

Writer and executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen has tweeted a behind-the-scenes image from the set of "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." It's unclear whether or not the sign pictured will actually be seen on-screen when the series airs, but you can still check it out below.

The pilot episode is expected to air this fall if it's picked up for series. The cast includes Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na We as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, and Chloe Bennet as Skye.

Joss Whedon is directing the pilot and co-wrote it with Tancharoen and his brother Jed Whedon. It has been confirmed that the series will take place after the events of Marvel's The Avengers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Production Wraps on S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot

by SuperHeroHype

February 12, 2013

Filming on the "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot began on January 22 and writer/executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen revealed last night that shooting has officially wrapped. Pictured below with Tancharoen is her husband Jed Whedon, his brother Joss (you may know him), and executive producers Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell. "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." will now move to the post-production stage and could be officially picked up for series.

The pilot episode is expected to air this fall if picked up. The cast includes Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na We as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, and Chloe Bennet as Skye.

Joss Whedon directed the pilot and co-wrote it with Tancharoen and his brother Jed Whedon. It has been confirmed that the series will take place after the events of Marvel's The Avengers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. is Now Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

by SuperHeroHype

April 06, 2013

ABC has announced that their upcoming small screen foray in Marvel's cinematic universe has a new title. Formerly known as "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.," the new series will now be called "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." The newly-released synopsis for the show reads as follows:

Joss Whedon shows us not all heroes are super with "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, Marvel's The Avengers, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen ("Dollhouse," "Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog"), Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias") and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville," "Lost," "Heroes") comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

There's no word yet on when the show might premiere, but check back for details as soon as they become available.

Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:58 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Clark Gregg Offers an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Update

by SuperHeroHype

April 20, 2013

Attending the Tribeca Film Festival to promote his second directorial effort, Trust Me, the multitalented Clark Gregg spoke with Screen Rant about his return as Agent Phil Coulson in ABC's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".

“I don’t know how you could not change going through what he went through,” Gregg says of Coulson's state of mind during the show. “I think if he hadn’t gone through some kind of change, it wouldn’t be any good. That said, I don’t know if he understands how much he’s changed.”

For the time being, the method of Coulson's return is going to remain a mystery. Gregg promises, however, that fans won't be disappointed.

"When Joss described to me the mystery," he explains, "…and the complexity and the unanswered questions about Phil Coulson standing there trying to deal with this, I found it so fascinating and so true to the world of the comics and mythology in general as I understand them that I was immediately in.”

While we may not yet know exactly the method of Coulson's return, it sounds like his resurrection will be kept a secret from some of the Earth's mightiest heroes.

"[S]ome level of deception must have been perpetrated on the Avengers,” Gregg teases. "It must have been. I think."

You can check out the full video interview in the player below:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 am 

So when will we know if this is a go? :shock:

I have been looking forward to this becoming a series quite a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

How Does Agent Coulson Return in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

by SuperHeroHype

April 26, 2013

Fans have been speculating about how exactly Clark Gregg's Agent Phil Coulson would return in ABC's pilot "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." considering what happened in Marvel's The Avengers. Now, according to /Film, we may have the answer. Are you willing to find out before the show airs? Then read on...

Still here? This is what will be revealed, says the site:

Spoiler: show
"In the pilot, it’s revealed Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), the ultimate super spy, faked Agent Coulson’s death on purpose to motivate The Avengers. Some S.H.I.E.L.D. members were in on it (including, possibly, Maria Hill played by Cobie Smulders) but The Avengers were not. Their security clearance wasn’t high enough. Coulson was forced to hold his breath as part of the ruse and that’s a point of contention among his colleagues After the fact, Fury moved him to a remote location until things died down, and then he was reinserted into duty at the time of the show."

What do you think? Do you like how they may be bringing him back? Remember, this is not confirmed at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:21 pm 

Beats the Life Model Decoy Theory, which is probably too comic booky for the Cinematic Universe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next