Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri May 22, 2015 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Escape from Tomorrow on DVD
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:07 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I knew that this had been available on streaming services but was surprised to find a physical disc release at Target this morning.

I picked it up and hope to get time to watch it this weekend. Has anybody seen it?

(if you haven't heard about it, the film was shot in Disneyland and Disney World without the parks' permission)

Post subject: Re: Escape from Tomorrow on DVD
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:25 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Just finished it and the behinds the scenes stuff (still have to watch with the commentary running) and it's not bad. It does leave you wondering how much was "real" and how much was something else going on. The film isn't rated but it would get an "R" for the number of F-bombs dropped (I think about five or six during the entire film, it's not like listening to an Eddie Murphy routine) and one (perhaps two) topless scenes (one is one of those is-it-happening-or-not? scenes and the other, if it is, is just still photos of the same actress in a later scene). So the film isn't really for kids, not that I even begin to think that the film would hold a kid's interest for that long.

My recommendation if you're going to watch it, don't look at the back of the DVD case and start the film as soon as you get to the menu (not that the menu cycle really gives anything away but at a certain point you'll kind of go "aaaaahhhh.... I saw what's going to happen..."

If anybody gives it a watch come back and post your thoughts on it, just use the spoiler tags when you do. I'll give mine after I give it some more thought, maybe wait for a couple of responses here...