Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wolverine 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:50 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

James Mangold and Hugh Jackman Reteaming for Another Wolverine Film!

by SuperHeroHype

November 05, 2013

Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox has begun negotiations with The Wolverine director James Mangold to direct another solo "X-Men" film starring Hugh Jackman as Logan. Mangold is negotiating now to write the treatment for the film with Lauren Shuler Donner returning to produce. No word on what the storyline is, as Fox is keeping it under wraps for the time being.

To date, Mangold's The Wolverine has grossed $413.6 million at the worldwide box office and is the second-highest grossing film in the "X-Men" franchise behind X-Men: The Last Stand's $459.4 million.

Including the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, the film will mark Hugh Jackman's eighth apperance as the character on the big screen. What do you want to see happen in the new movie? Sound off below!

Post subject: Re: Wolverine 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Talks The Wolverine Sequel Plans

by SuperHeroHype

November 14, 2013

We learned earlier this month that 20th Century Fox is looking to re-team The Wolverine helmer James Mangold with star Hugh Jackman for a big screen followup to the second solo tale of the Marvel mutant. Today, Jackman tells EW that, while they're making an active goal not to rush things, he and Mangold have the seeds of an idea for the storyline.

“I don’t want to dive into another one until we have a compelling reason to do another one,” he explains. “I love the character, he’s kind of like a best friend to me, and I don’t ever want to take [him] or the fans for granted. ...I think we’ve got a great opportunity to make something really cool, but it has to be great. That’s what we’re all working toward... I was on the phone with Jim Mangold last night. There are some really cool ideas that I’m dying to tell you, but that would be giving away a secret that is not even [fully] formed yet.”

To date, Mangold's The Wolverine has grossed $414.7 million at the worldwide box office and is the second-highest grossing film in the "X-Men" franchise behind X-Men: The Last Stand's $459.4 million.

Including the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, the film will mark Hugh Jackman's eighth appearance as the character on the big screen.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:34 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Unsure About Return as Wolverine

by SuperHeroHype

December 06, 2013

Even though he is already developing a third "Wolverine" film for 20th Century Fox, the man himself Hugh Jackman is seemingly once again having doubts about his return as the character. Speaking with Vanity Fair (via CBM), he said he was still on the fence about doing the next solo film.

"I don’t know whether or not I will do this next movie. I am really proud of (The Wolverine) and I am excited to develop something with Jim Mangold from the beginning because that is a great ride. That’s exciting, to see what we come up with but I have a very high expectation of what it would need to be [for me to star in it] and if it doesn’t reach those, I won’t be doing it."

Earlier this year, Jackman revealed he's not committed to any other future films in the "X-Men" franchise following next year's X-Men: Days of Future Past. Though Jackman could always change his mind, as the actor was reportedly uninterested in "Days of Future Past" upon first learning about the project.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:01 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Wolverine Sequel Finds a Writer in David James Kelly, Hugh Jackman Set to Return

SuperHeroHype

Mar 21, 2014

Following yesterday's announcement that James Mangold's sequel to last year's The Wolverine would be hitting theaters on March 3, 2017, Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox has set David James Kelly to provide the screenplay with Hugh Jackman set to once again play the Ol' Canucklehead.

The next solo Wolverine film will mark either Jackman's eighth or ninth big screen appearance as the character, depending on whether or not Wolverine is part of Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse, arriving in 2016.

Kelly wrote and directed the crime thriller short "Straw Man" in 2010. He was also attached briefly to Fox's final attempt at rebooting Daredevil before the rights ultimately reverted back to Marvel. He's also adapting the comic book series Mind Management for the studio.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:37 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Once Again Casts Doubt on His Future as Wolverine

SuperHeroHype

Apr 30, 2014

Hugh Jackman has had a stellar career on the big screen as a superhero. Having appeared in all seven of the "X-Men" films, including the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, very few can lay claim to the same amount of time put into a single character on the big screen, but that time has to come to an end eventually. Jackman has previously expressed doubt about returning for the character, and even though it was previously reported that he will reprise the role for a third "Wolverine" film, the actor says that he still hasn't officially signed on for the film.

"I’m excited to see what we can come up with," Jackman said in an interview with SFX. "But I haven't signed on. I'm genuinely at that point where unless it's better than the last one I'm not going to do it."

When asked what story they might be looking at for the third film, Jackman replied:

"I don't know yet. We're talking it through. I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way. If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me."

Set to film after 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse, the third Wolverine film has already enlisted The Wolverine director James Mangold to return to the director's chair with David James Kelly set to pen the screenplay. It's scheduled to be released on March 3, 2017.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Wolverine 3 Could Team Up Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart

SuperHeroHype

Feb 09, 2015

2016 will be a big year for 20th Century Fox’s “X-Men” franchise as they have three films slated for release with Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse and Gambit, but lest we forget there is a third “Wolverine” film also in the cards. Not only is Hugh Jackman looking to reprise the role of Weapon X, but Patrick Stewart could be coming along for the ride.

“What I’m very excited about is that we have been talking about a Wolverine movie, which would team Hugh Jackman and myself together,” Stewart told Oregon Live. “Wolverine and Professor Xavier. That would be a very different sort of ‘X-Men’ from the four movies that I’ve already done.”

Stewart also went on to contradict an earlier report on his co-star Ian McKellen by saying he will in fact appear in “Apocalypse”: “Magneto, Ian McKellen, is certainly going to be in it.”

X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 26, 2016 and will feature the return of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult and Rose Byrne with newcomers Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, and Tye Sheridan. Wolverine 3 is set for release on March 3, 2017 featuring a script by David James Kelly and directed by James Mangold.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Wants to Continue Playing Wolverine Until He Dies

SuperHeroHype

Feb 21, 2015

Despite previously indicating that his time as Weapon X could come to an end, Hugh Jackman says in a new interview he’d like to keep playing the character of Wolverine until he dies. Jackman tells Cigar Aficionado (via E! Online) that watching Michael Keaton in Birdman stirred something inside him.

“I said to my wife, ‘The moral is that I should never stop playing Wolverine. I’ve got to find a way to keep playing him until I die.’ I know that someday they’ll recast the role with another actor…I’d be happy if the role was eventually recast. It would mean that it had become iconic.”

He went on to talk about his mindset for each time he plays Wolverine, saying he hopes to push himself more and more each time.

“I always want to be in better shape than I was for the last one. I don’t believe in stagnation. People say they try to maintain the status quo. But I believe the natural cycle means you’re either advancing and getting closer to something or you’re receding…Every time I play Wolverine I want to go further, physically and emotionally.”

There’s been no official word if Jackman will play the character in X-Men: Apocalypse, set for release on May 23, 2016, though he has teased there’s a possibility of his return. In addition, a third Wolverine film is set for release on March 3, 2017 which Patrick Stewart recently said could be a team-up film between Logan and Professor Xavier. David James Kelly is scripting the film which will once again be directed by James Mangold.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hugh Jackman Teases ‘One Last Time’ as Wolverine

SuperHeroHype

Mar 28, 2015

Despite saying a month ago that he wants to continue playing the character until he dies, Hugh Jackman revealed a cryptic teaser on his Instagram today with the caption “Wolverine… One Last Time” with three of his signature claws extended.

Previous reports on a third solo Wolverine film indicate that it won’t begin production until next year, meaning this photo could be Jackman refuting rumors that he will appear in next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse though this remains unconfirmed. Check back here as we learn more.

Jackman has appeared as the character in every “X-Men” film to date, from being the focus of 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine to just a cameo in 2011’s X-Men: First Class. His career as the character has lasted seven films over the course of 14 years.

Writer David James Kelly is currently penning the screenplay for the third “Wolverine,” which according to Patrick Stewart could see Logan and Professor Xavier teaming up.

Currently without an official title, Wolverine 3 is set for a release March 3, 2017 with James Mangold set to direct once again.