Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu May 05, 2016 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The most movies w an actor as a single comic book character
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:00 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

I'm guessing it's Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, right? Assuming he's not in anything more than he's already in/filming, he's got 10 now. The original X Men trilogy, the new X Men trilogy, the Wolverine trilogy and Origins. That's if he's not in Deadpool, which would be a flooving tragedy. That would make 11. That's gonna be tough to beat.

I guess next is Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury. Obviously, he's been in most of the marvel movies and on Agents of SHIELD. He was definitely in both Avengers, both Caps, the first Thor and the first two Iron Man movies. Was he in Thor 2 or IM3? He was not in Guardians or Ant Man or Hulk. That's 7 plus the show.

After that is Robert Downey as Iron Man/ Tony Stark, right? He's had his own trilogy, both Avengers movies so far, Incredible Hulk cameo, so that's 6. Plus he'll be in the new cap and that makes it 7, which I think is more than all the recurring cast members from the 6 X-Men movies, right?

I'm guessing a few of you probably know exact numbers. Mike, this seems like your territory.

Post subject: Re: The most movies w an actor as a single comic book charac
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

shishalzafrazz wrote:
I'm guessing it's Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, right? Assuming he's not in anything more than he's already in/filming, he's got 10 now. The original X Men trilogy, the new X Men trilogy, the Wolverine trilogy and Origins. That's if he's not in Deadpool, which would be a flooving tragedy. That would make 11. That's gonna be tough to beat.

Hugh was Wolverine in X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse. He's going to make at least one more Wolverine movie. Assuming he appears in Deadpool, that will make 10. And he is in the lead.

Quote:
I guess next is Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury. Obviously, he's been in most of the marvel movies and on Agents of SHIELD. He was definitely in both Avengers, both Caps, the first Thor and the first two Iron Man movies. Was he in Thor 2 or IM3? He was not in Guardians or Ant Man or Hulk. That's 7 plus the show.

Samuel L. Jackson portrayed Nick Fury in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron. He was not in Thor 2 or Iron Man 3. And apparently he's not going to be in Civil War, which is a huge surprise.

I don't know if we should count TV appearances (If we did, I'm pretty sure Tom Welling as Clark Kent has everyone beat) so you're right, it's 7 for Samuel as it currently stands.

"And you sir? Where are you heading now?"

"Well I'm trading in my bird's eye view for two solid feet on the ground. This is the last time you'll be seeing me for a stretch."

"You're going to disappear. Nowhere to be found."

"Nowhere? You know me better than that Phil, I'll be everywhere."

Quote:
After that is Robert Downey as Iron Man/ Tony Stark, right? He's had his own trilogy, both Avengers movies so far, Incredible Hulk cameo, so that's 6. Plus he'll be in the new cap and that makes it 7, which I think is more than all the recurring cast members from the 6 X-Men movies, right?

Robert Downey Jr. portrayed Tony Stark/Iron Man in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers, Iron Man 3 and Avengers: Age of Ultron. He will be in Civil War for sure. No doubt he will be in both Infinity War movies but no confirmation on those yet. For now, his total stands at 7. He's tied with Sam Jackson.

Patrick Stewart is next. He portrayed Professor Charles Xavier in X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past. He's rumored to appear in the next Wolverine film. But let's wait until that's confirmed. So that's 6 for Patrick.

Scarlett Johansson portrayed Natasha Romanoff in Iron Man 2, The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron and will reprise the role in Captain America: Civil War. That's 5 for Scarlett.

Famke Janssen portrayed Jean Grey in X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past. That's 5 for Famke.

Ian McKellen portrayed Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto in X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past so that's 5 for him too.

Tom Hiddleston portrayed Loki Laufeyson in Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World and will reprise the role in the upcoming films Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, Part I and Avengers: Infinity War, Part II. I don't think we should count Infinity War until we hear something official, so 4 for Tom.

Hayley Atwell portrayed Peggy Carter in Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man. Not counting the TV shows and one-shot, that's 4 for Hayley.

Halle Berry portrayed Ororo Munroe/Storm in X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Days of Future Past. That's 4 for Halle.

Shawn Ashmore (Bobby Drake/Iceman) has appeared in the same films as Halle so he has 4 as well.

When you have time, check out this site:

marvel-movies.wikia.com. There's a ton of information there. It's addictive but fun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:52 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Mike, Mike, Mike... You missed Chris Evans... :wink:

Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War

So that's 6 for Evans. 7 if you count Loki's Cap cosplay in Thor: The Dark World.

(Now, just imagine if Stan had played the same character throughout all of the films...)

EDIT: Forgot Anthony Mackie, too... He'll have 4 with Civil War...

Ant-Man

DOUBLE EDIT: Sebastian Stan will have 4, too...

Ant-Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:03 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

The scene with Steve and Bucky at the end of ant man was technically from the civil war dailies. I think it only counts once.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I can see that, but now that it's been part of Ant-Man they may not use it again in Civil War. We'll know in May...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:50 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

That is so far away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Rereading that, it never occurred to me that Loki's last name wasn't also Odinson. Why aren't there more children in this world named Loki Laufeyson!? That's an awesome name!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:06 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jim_Abell wrote:
Mike, Mike, Mike... You missed Chris Evans... :wink:

The Avengers
Ant-Man

So that's 6 for Evans. 7 if you count Loki's Cap cosplay in Thor: The Dark World.

You're right. Totally forgot about Chris Evans.

Quote:
EDIT: Forgot Anthony Mackie, too... He'll have 4 with Civil War...

Ant-Man

DOUBLE EDIT: Sebastian Stan will have 4, too...

Ant-Man

And the other Chris, Mr. Hemsworth, portrayed Thor Odinson in Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World and Avengers: Age of Ultron and will reprise the role in Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, Part I and Avengers: Infinity War, Part II. Let's not count Infinity War just yet because Ragnarok IS "The Twilight of the Gods" and Thor may not make it past that. So that's 5 for Chris Hemsworth.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Rereading that, it never occurred to me that Loki's last name wasn't also Odinson. Why aren't there more children in this world named Loki Laufeyson!? That's an awesome name!

Bruce Banner: I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.

Thor: Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother!

Natasha Romanoff: He killed eighty people in two days.

Thor: He's adopted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:45 am 
AFA Graded

SDcomics wrote:
shishalzafrazz wrote:

Bruce Banner: I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him.

Thor: Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother!

Natasha Romanoff: He killed eighty people in two days.

Thor: He's adopted.
I love that exchange.

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor, Ro-Bear Bill.