Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Confirmed today by Marvel: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 will be released on May 4th, 2018.

Post subject: Re: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:10 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I hope before they get there that we see Nova & Adam Warlock. Well, we've already seen his pod anyway. Guardians 2 you think?

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Could Spider-Man Appear in Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part I?

SuperHeroHype

Jan 14, 2015

WARNING: Potential spoilers for Marvel Studios’ “Phase Three.”

The future of Spider-Man at Sony Pictures has been a big question mark ever since last year’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 failed to meet studio expectations. Though spin-off films for the franchise are in development, with The Sinister Six even scheduled for release on November 11, 2016, there’s still been no official word on what will happen with the wall crawler.

Rumors and reports persisted last month in the wake of the Sony hack that discussions had taken place between Sony and Marvel Studios to “bring the character home,” though none of those details have been confirmed and vary wildly from place to place as to whether they fell through or would continue. Now, Latino-Review has quite the report on the webhead that, should it come to fruition, should delight many fans.

The outlet reports (following a number of potential spoilers for other Marvel films) that Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part I will sideline a number of the heroes from Phase One (corroborating an earlier report that said the same) in favor of the new faces of Phase Three at the forefront. Among those faces, the site reports, will be none other than Spider-Man. Not only will an MCU version of the character reportedly appear in the film, but he will be played by a new actor.

It’s unclear what this means for the planned films at Sony or when, if true, an official announcement will come, but should our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man return to Marvel and meet his fellow Avengers, it will arguably be the biggest thing to happen in the history of superhero movies.

Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part I is set for release on May 4, 2018 with Part II to debut one year later on May 3, 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

It's Latino Review, so huge grain of salt. Honestly, I'm disappointed they didn't get him in Civil War. Would have been a MUCH better fit...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:15 pm 
Brand Manager

Wow, Marc Webb single-handedly killed off his own franchise in two films.

Spoiler for Amazing Spider-Man 2:
Spoiler: show
He was absolutely crazy to kill off Gwen Stacy the way he did. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield's amazing chemistry was the biggest selling point of the films. With that gone there is absolutely no incentive to watch any further movies in that continuity.

I know he wanted to do a tribute to the death of Gwen Stacy in the comics. I get that. But once Stone was cast and he saw how great they were together in the first film he should have redrew his entire game plan. And if he wasn't willing to Sony should have stepped in and made him.

I'm also not crazy about the idea of the Phase One Avengers being sidelined in Infinity War either. I thought the biggest selling point of the Infinity War from the comics is that it had ALL of the heroes from ALL of the franchises. If they do that the War will no longer be infinite.

"The only thing harder than speaking truth to power is speaking truth to stupid." -- Sorkin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:13 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Joe and Anthony Russo are Set to Take on Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War!

SuperHeroHype

Mar 23, 2015

Rumored for some time, it now appears to be official that Joe and Anthony Russo, the sibling pair behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, will take on Marvel Studios’ massive two-part Avengers: Infinity War. The news broke via Badass Digest this morning and is now being reported in the trades as well.

“It’s Thanos against everyone,” star Josh Brolin told us about the “Phase Three” capper late last year, which is believed to involve the Mad Titan’s quest to bring together the six Infinity Stones we’ve seen appear throughout the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Russos, who also directed the comedies You, Me and Dupree and Welcome to Colinwood in addition to episodes of “Arrested Development” and “Community,” recently signed a first look deal at Sony Pictures. There, the pair is attached to direct The Gray Man, a big screen adaptation of Mark Greaney’s 2009 thriller novel, with rumors swirling that they’re also planning a Ghostbusters film with Channing Tatum attached to star.

Production on Captain America: Civil War is set to begin within the next two weeks with the film targeting a May 6, 2016 release. After that, Avengers: Infinity War Part I will see a release on May 4, 2018, with Part II set to follow one year later on May 3, 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Who's the other giant guy opposite Thanos that looks like Lobo from Jersey?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:40 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Who's the other giant guy opposite Thanos that looks like Lobo from Jersey?

Well, that's really hard to explain in 25 words or less. But I'll try. Here's the ultra-condensed version: Lobo from Jersey is Magus, an alternate future version of Adam Warlock. Magus was created by Lord Chaos and Master Order to be a champion of life. Chaos and Order knew that they needed someone to oppose Thanos, the champion of death.

For more info, click here and here.

Thumbnails. Clicky.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Ok, thanks. I'm not terribly familiar with marvel and I'd just never seen that guy before.