Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Oh, HELL YEAH!

Han Solo back in the house!

These new movies are already better than the prequels! :twisted:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:55 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Shellhead wrote:
Oh, HELL YEAH!

Han Solo back in the house!

These new movies are already better than the prequels! :twisted:

To paraphrase Jon Stewart (speaking to the reviews that Attack of the Clones was a better movie than Phantom Menace): "A truly illustrious feat, managed by such films as 'Snow Dogs'."

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:37 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Carrie Fisher Talks About Star Wars: Episode VII

by SuperHeroHype

April 28, 2013

Carrie Fisher was again asked at the Calgary Comic Expo this weekend whether she will make an appearance in Star Wars: Episode VII as Princess Leia. Her response was an interesting one.

According to the Calgary Herald, she said the following:

Yes, Carrie Fisher confirmed to a rapt audience at the BMO Centre Saturday afternoon that she will in fact be reprising her most famous role of Princess Leia in a new series of Star Wars films, which will be produced by Disney. She was the first of the original cast members to announce her participation back in March, although apparently jumped the gun. Her publicist later said she was joking and that nothing had been confirmed.

However, it seems to be a done deal now. But for fans looking for a sneak-peek of what to expect in the new film, Fisher didn’t offer many juicy details.

“I like being bought by Disney, because they never wanted to buy me before,” she said during a talk at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. “I’m glad they are doing a new movie because they are sending a trainer to my house so I can get in really good shape. So I’m really eating a lot of sugar in advance, as you can see. By the time I really get down to it I will have eaten everything.”

Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in the summer of 2015.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

J.J. Abrams Expects John Williams to Return for Star Wars: Episode VII

by SuperHeroHype

April 30, 2013

As the pieces for Star Wars: Episode VII come together, many elements that are near and dear to the franchise will likely be returning. TrekMovie.com is reporting that director J.J. Abrams said he expects composer John Williams to return and score the new film. Williams has scored all of the previous Star Wars films and won an Academy Award for Best Original Score for the first film.

In other "Star Wars" news, The Wrap is reporting that visual effects studio ILM is considering opening a branch in London to perform their work on the new film. The reason for a potential move is due to "take advantage of foreign tax subsidies." The site also mentions the new movie might partially shoot across the pond as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

J.J. Abrams Talks About His Approach to Star Wars

by SuperHeroHype

May 02, 2013

The announcement of J.J. Abrams being brought on to helm Star Wars: Episode VII has been a very controversial decision. His previous involvement in Star Trek has caused many to begrudge his hiring on Star Wars, but as he puts it himself, the job is "one of those once in a lifetime opportunities."

Abrams spoke with the BBC about the approach he his bringing to the film and hopefully it will persuade the naysayers.

"It's just about about approaching it from as authentic a place as possible, and not trying to apply what you believe or think, as much as trying to filter everything and get at it from the core of the characters. [It should be] what you deeply want to see, never what you assume the fans might like."

Many have been concerned that Abrams' work on both Star Trek and Star Wars will cause the two sci-fi titans to feel the same, but he doesn't feel that way.

"To me they are such wildly disparate universes - the back story, the tone, the mood, certainly the history [and] the characters - that I'm in no way worried."

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:38 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

J.J. Abrams, Simon Pegg and Simon Kinberg Talk Star Wars Movies

by SuperHeroHype

May 04, 2013

Since posting our latest Star Wars News Roundup and Saturday having been May the 4th (Be With You), a few more interesting items have come online about Star Wars: Episode VII and the upcoming stand-alone films.

First up, "Episode VII" director J.J. Abrams spoke with his Star Trek Into Darkness star Simon Pegg about the filmmaker taking on the "Star Wars" franchise. You can watch the video below!

In a separate interview, the Los Angeles Times spoke to writer Simon Kinberg about the stand-alone films. In April, Walt Disney Pictures confirmed that Star Wars: Episode VII will hit theaters in the summer of 2015 and that every summer after that will offer a "Star Wars" film, alternating with one of the stand-alone films. Those stand-alone films are being worked on by Kinberg and "The Empire Strikes Back" writer Lawrence Kasdan.

"We're really at the early phases of figuring out the details, but the spirit of the original movie is the thing I fell in love with, so it's the spirit of that that I think will guide us," Kinberg said.

He added that what "worked so well in all of the 'Star Wars' movies is the characters. I think the reason that they’re different than other science fiction or other genre movies is because George [Lucas] created a universe of people that you wanted to go back and see over and over again, and that’s why it’s spanned and spawned so many different mediums, so many different generations, every different language. You want to go back and see those characters, like I did when I was a kid. 'Empire Strikes Back' was the first movie I saw in a movie theater more than once. And I went back 10, 15 times in the theater, and I've seen it probably over a 100 times since. But I saw it that many times in the theater because I loved those characters. I loved Han, I loved Leia, I loved Luke, I was right at the age when I was old enough to start to understand the nuance of that movie. I think I was too young for 'New Hope' when it came out in the theater, although I loved it and it was my favorite film until 'Empire.' And then really, that changed my life, that movie."

Kinberg was also asked which character is his favorite. "There's so many that I love and for different reasons. I really love Han Solo. He does that thing that Larry does so well. He's really human and real, but also really fun and banter-y and larger than life. And when I was a kid, I wanted to be Han Solo."

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Star Wars: Episode VII Plans UK Production

by SuperHeroHype

May 10, 2013

Lucasfilm announced today that production of Star Wars: Episode VII will take place in the United Kingdom. All of the six previous live-action Star Wars movies have included UK production in such famed studios as Elstree, Shepperton, Leavesden, Ealing and Pinewood Studios.

"We've devoted serious time and attention to revisiting the origins of 'Star Wars' as inspiration for our process on the new movie, and I'm thrilled that returning to the UK for production and utilizing the incredible talent there can be a part of that," said Kathleen Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm. "Speaking from my own longstanding connection to the UK with films like 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', 'Empire of the Sun' and recently 'War Horse', it's very exciting to be heading back."

Earlier this year, representatives from Lucasfilm met with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, in London to establish an agreement to produce Star Wars in the U.K.

"I am delighted that Star Wars is coming back to Britain. Today's announcement that the next Star Wars film will be shot and produced in the UK is great news for fans and our creative industries," Osborne said today.

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Michael Arndt and is scheduled for a 2015 release.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Costume Designer Michael Kaplan Confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII

by SuperHeroHype

May 22, 2013

Costume Designer Michael Kaplan has confirmed with Clothes on Film that he will be the costume designer for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII.

“I am very excited to be working on Star Wars,” Kaplan said “I’m so looking forward to collaborating, once again, with JJ.”

Kaplan has previously worked with Abrams on both Star Trek flms and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. His impressive resume extends even further as Kaplan designed the costumes for cult classics Fight Club and Blade Runner.

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Michael Arndt and is scheduled for a 2015 release.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:22 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

J.J. Abrams Says His Plan for Star Wars is to Honor But Not Revere

by SuperHeroHype

June 08, 2013

Although he successfully dodged several questions about the much-anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII when he took the stage at this evening's Produced By Conference, J.J. Abrams did close out the panel by explaining what aspects of the franchise he feels are most important to capture in the new film.

"Talk about bigger than any of us," he said. "That thing is so massive and so important to so many people. I know from seeing the first film when I was 11 what that felt like. I think the key in moving forward with something like this is in honoring but not revering what came before. There's that deep feeling of infinite possibilities that I think was the ultimate thing I thought when I first saw 'Star Wars' which I would -- and probably will -- give my left arm to try and come close to again."

Speaking to the more personal side of things, Abrams went on to explain how conflicted he has been about the project shooting in England. A champion of Los Angeles-based film production, Abrams is gearing up for a family move to the United Kingdom.

"[W]hen I came into it," he said, "there was already a pre-arranged thing for them to be shooting in England which, really does make me insane. I've never shot a movie outside the US or out of L.A... We are, most likely, if all goes ahead, going to be moving to London at the end of the year... There's a whole lot of stuff happening at home. It's not an easy thing."

Star Wars: Episode VII will feature a script by Michael Arndt and is targeting a summer 2015 release.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Star Wars Land is Coming to Orlando

by SuperHeroHype

June 14, 2013

The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida is gearing up for a major new addition. Theme Park Insider is reporting that a Star Wars-themed attraction is in the works as part of a revamp of the park's Disney's Hollywood Studios.

TheForce.net, meanwhile, brings word that likely additions include an expansion of the existing "Star Tours" attraction, a number of interactive environments like a full-scale Mos Eisley Cantina, character meet-and-greet areas and possibly even an all-new ride.

Although current plans call for a five-year construction and an end date in 2018, the site notes that a year could be shaved off that timeline if Disney decides to ramp things up. 2017 is, after all, the 40th anniversary of the franchise and should also see the release of Star Wars: Episode VIII in theaters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:08 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

That would be enough to get me back to DisneyWorld.
Now, if only Marvel would get the same emphasis (and yes, I'm aware of the Islands of Adventure park).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

George Lucas Says He Hasn't Spoken With J.J. Abrams About Star Wars

by SuperHeroHype

June 18, 2013

When it was first announced that more "Star Wars" movies were coming, and that George Lucas wouldn't be involved with the film, fans were quite ecstatic if not suspicious. Could Lucas really pass off the franchise to someone else without being involved? It certainly seems that way.

In an interview with Access Hollywood (via /Film) Lucas says he hasn't spoken with J.J. about the movie and doesn't appear to know much about the progress of the film.

"I have not spoken to J.J. He’s been busy with Star Trek, and I’m sure that he’ll let me know when he’s got some questions. So, you know, that’s all going well. Kathy tells me it’s working out great."

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Michael Arndt and is scheduled for a 2015 release. It is scheduled to begin production next year in the UK.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Casting Breakdown Reveals Potential Character Types for Star Wars: Episode VII

by SuperHeroHype

June 19, 2013

Bleeding Cool has managed to get their hands on what they claim is a breakdown of the lead roles in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. Here are the descriptions they have of the characters:

- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.

- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.

- A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.

- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.

- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.

- Forty something male, fit, military type.

- Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.

Keep in mind that this is not confirmed, but any guesses on who these characters might be? These are, of course, subject to change, but feel free to sound off with your theories below!

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Michael Arndt and is scheduled for a 2015 release. Production on the film will be set up in the UK and casting for the film has allegedly begun today.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:20 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

SDcomics wrote:
[size=150][b- Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.[/b][/i]

And he shall be named Stewbacca--- its like they wrote this casting thing for me.

(and probably a good 1/3 of the other SW nerds out there)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:22 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Star Wars: Episode VII to Shoot at Pinewood Studios

by SuperHeroHype

June 21, 2013

Screen Daily is reporting that Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm will shoot Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios.

"Production is already moving in to Pinewood in preparation for the early 2014 shoot with crew also being assembled. As previously reported, casting is underway," the site says.

Lucasfilm announced last month that the film would shoot in the UK, but a specific location wasn't mentioned. All of the six previous live-action "Star Wars" movies have included UK production in such famed studios as Elstree, Shepperton, Leavesden, Ealing and Pinewood.

"We've devoted serious time and attention to revisiting the origins of 'Star Wars' as inspiration for our process on the new movie, and I'm thrilled that returning to the UK for production and utilizing the incredible talent there can be a part of that," said Kathleen Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm. "Speaking from my own longstanding connection to the UK with films like 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', 'Empire of the Sun' and recently 'War Horse', it's very exciting to be heading back."

To be directed by J.J. Abrams from a script by Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3), Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next