Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 Coming
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jim_Abell wrote:
SDcomics wrote:
Can Star Wars crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy?

Nick Fury meets Mace Windu!

A Samuel L. Jackson tour de force!

Mike
(Nah ...)

How 'bout Colonel Jones fighting alongside Captain Rogers in WWII?...

Indiana Jones meets the Invaders? That would be very, very cool. I doubt if it ever happens on the big screen, but I'd love to see it in the comics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 am 
Loose, Missing Package

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Carrie Fisher Says She Would Join Star Wars: Episode VII

by SuperHeroHype

November 07, 2012

We're still a few years away from seeing anything from the new Star Wars films, but that isn't stopping people from speculating. It's also not stopping people from bugging everyone involved in the other films about whether they'll be reprising their roles.

Yesterday, EW reported that Harrison Ford is open to the idea of reprising the role of Han Solo and Mark Hamill's announcement that George spoke to him and Fisher about the new trilogy last summer has lots of people wondering.

Now, coming from TMZ, Princess Leia herself Carrie Fisher is on the record as saying she'd join the film if asked.

"Yes, sure. Wouldn't you?" she says when asked about her reply if asked to reprise her role. Check out the video here.

Fisher reprised her role a few years ago in the Robot Chicken Star Wars Special and Family Guy Star Wars special It's a Trap!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Toy Story 3's Michael Arndt to Draft Star Wars: Episode VII?

by SuperHeroHype

November 08, 2012

Rumors are flying fast and furious regarding the recently-announced Star Wars: Episode VII with Vulture today reporting that Toy Story 3 screenwriter Michael Arndt has turned in a detailed 50-page treatment for the sci-fi sequel and that it's quite likely he'll wind up drafting the screenplay.

Arndt, who also wrote Little Miss Sunshine (winning him an Academy Award) and the upcoming Oblivion and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, is a noted fan of George Lucas's seminal film series and has publicly lectured about their merits.

The site is also reporting the rumor that Arndt's treatment includes the characters of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo and, in light of recent news, it's very likely that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford will return to their respective roles.

All of this being said, the only confirmed information on Star Wars: Episode VII at this time is that it will see release in 2015. Check back for more details as they become available.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Wow, if this holds up and he drafts it I think it will be very very good. I never cry at movies - too jaded I guess. But TS3 is one of the handful of exceptions.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:32 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm sure it happened more as a kid, but as an adult I've only cried during two movies:

At the end of Field of Dreams when he plays catch with his dad.

And when Andy passes on his toys to the little girl.

Although Jar Jar made me want to cry! :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I cry at Up. at 3 specific points throughout the film. Every damn time I see it.

Have issues with your dad and try raising a son and tell me that movie doesn't get to you at some point as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:18 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I still tear up when Prime dies...
And I cry like a baby whenever the Doctor regenerates...
I teared up when Carl wanted to do the deed this past week in The Walking Dead... having had to decide on pulling a few plugs in my time this hit me hard...
I get a tear with the Doctor's speech in the final episode of the Classic series of Doctor Who...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Zack Snyder Not Interested in Directing Star Wars

by SuperHeroHype

November 09, 2012

Ever since the announcement came that more Star Wars movies are on the way, the rumor mill of potential directors hasn't stopped. From Matthew Vaughn to Brad Bird, every genre director under the sun has already been rumored for the gig, but there's one that has already said 'No Thanks.'

LA Times talked to Watchmen and Man of Steel director Zack Snyder about taking up the reigns and he said this: “I don’t think I’d be interested in directing it. I’m a huge ‘Star Wars’ fanatic. I just think doing [episodes] seven, eight and nine is just a slippery slope. It’s a whole other mythological experiment I’m excited to see, but it’s a lot of effort.”

It should be noted that when first asked to direct Man of Steel, Snyder initially passed on the project.

It was revealed yesterday that Michael Ardnt (Toy Story 3) has written a 50-page treatment and is likely to write the screenplay. Star Wars: Episode VII is targeting a 2015 release.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Spielberg and Tarantino Say 'No Thanks' to Star Wars

by SuperHeroHype

November 09, 2012

You better get used to these stories because every potential director in Hollywood has an opinion on the matter. Earlier today, we reported that Man of Steel and Watchmen director Zack Snyder denied wanting to sit in the director's chair for Star Wars: Episode VII. Now two more high profile directors have already said they're not interested.

Steven Spielberg told Access Hollywood: "No! No! It’s not my genre. It’s my best friend George’s genre.”

Now Quentin Tarantino told EW something similar: “I could so care less. Especially if Disney’s going to do it. I’m not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars.”

It was revealed yesterday that Michael Ardnt (Toy Story 3) has written a 50-page treatment and is likely to write the screenplay. Star Wars: Episode VII is targeting a 2015 release.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:08 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

It will NEVER happen, but just imagine for a moment:

Star Wars Episode VII, Directed by James Cameron.

How awesome would that be? :shock:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy Talk Star Wars: Episode VII in a New Video

by SuperHeroHype

November 09, 2012

Continuing the discussion from their first video, George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy have revealed a second part to their conversation about the future of the Star Wars franchise. As you can watch in the player below, the pair discuss Lucas' role as creative consultant on Star Wars: Episode VII and the current status of the hunt for a director, including confirmation that they're seeking someone not only with talent but who has grown up a Star Wars fan.

It was revealed yesterday that Michael Arndt, the screenwriter responsible for Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3, had turned in a lengthy treatment for the next adventure and rumors persist that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford are being courted to return to the roles of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo.

All of this being said, the only confirmed information on Star Wars: Episode VII at this time is that it will see a release in 2015. Check back for more details as they become available.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

It's Official: Michael Arndt to Draft Star Wars: Episode VII

by SuperHeroHype

November 09, 2012

Following yesterday's report that claimed Michael Arndt had provided an extensive treatment for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, comes official word not only of Arndt's involvement, but of the fact that he will be providing the full screenplay for the highly anticipated 2015 release.

Arndt, who also wrote Little Miss Sunshine (winning him an Academy Award) and the upcoming Oblivion and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, is a noted fan of George Lucas's seminal film series and has publicly lectured about their merits.

Still not confirmed, however, is the rumor that Arndt's treatment includes the characters of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. That being said, recent news suggests that, if the rumor does pan out, it's very likely that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford will return to their respective roles.

Star Wars: Episode VII will see a release in 2015. Check back for more details as they become available.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Would J.J. Abrams Direct Star Wars: Episode VII?

by SuperHeroHype

November 12, 2012

Which director has interest and which has none in doing the new Star Wars movie has left the internet abuzz for the past couple of weeks. More high profile directors have said they don't want the project than shown interest and J.J. Abrams happens to fall into that camp as well. When talking to Hollywood Life about the film, he said:

"Look, Star Wars is one of my favorite movies of all time. I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big Star Trek fan growing up, so for me, working on Star Trek didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege, and so, I am looking forward more then anyone to the next iterations of Star Wars, but I believe I will be going as a paying moviegoer!"

So we can count out a leap from Star Fleet to the Rebel Alliance for Abrams. The site also spoke to Iron Man director Jon Favreau about the project, and he seemed a little more open to the idea.

"I think both J.J. and I come from a generation of people who formed our whole creative persona around what we experienced as kids from watching those films, and I have had the good fortune of working with George [Lucas] and around George, and whether it is doing a voice on Clone Wars, or being at the Skywalker Ranch mixing Iron Man – so I have been very happy and lucky to just experience the culture that Lucas has created, both in my own life growing up as a kid and professional – whether it was interviewing him at film festivals on stage, he is just a really wonderful, talented gifted guy who has changed the business so much, so I am just giddy, first and foremost as a fan, to see what happens with it. I think there is a lot of question marks of how they are going to do it, and who they are going to do it with, and what the story is going to be about; but to say that I am not excited about it is definitely an understatement. We’ll see."

All that is known about the new films is that George Lucas will oversee as a creative consultant with writer Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) has written a treatment for the film and will write the screenplay. Still not confirmed, however, is the rumor that Arndt's treatment includes the characters of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo.

Star Wars: Episode VII is expected to hit theaters in 2015.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:11 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Frank Marshall Says They're Close on the Star Wars: Episode VII Director Search

by SuperHeroHype

November 13, 2012

Ever since it was announced a few weeks back that Walt Disney Pictures had bought Lucasfilm and that they were going ahead with producing Star Wars: Episode VII for 2015, it's pretty much been all the internet has been buzzing about, particularly who might direct the continuation of George Lucas' popular space opera.

Spotting producer Frank Marshall, husband of Lucasfilm's new president Kathleen Kennedy, at the The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 premiere last night, MTV tried getting him to talk about whether he knows who they may be approaching and his response is somewhat heartening that we'll get an answer to that burning question soon.

"I do (know) but I can't reveal it, or I won't be alive tomorrow," he said. "I'm really excited about this. I didn't grow up with it, but I was a big fan and have been since the series started. I'll always remember seeing that big mothership go over the screen. I've never forgotten it. I can't wait to see what's next."

He did tell them that they've narrowed the search down to "a couple of candidates" as well, but not when they'll be announcing their choice to the public. You can watch the video of Marshall's response at MTV.

Meanwhile, Erik Davis, editor-in-chief at Movies.com, gave an impassioned suggestion that Jurassic Park III and Captain America: The First Avenger director Joe Johnston should be hired to direct the first Star Wars movie in ten years, and Mike Ryan from The Huffington Post followed up on that suggestion by asking Johnston himself what he thought of that idea.

Johnston told him: "A lot would depend on what 'it' is. I am very glad to see Lucasfilm cranking up to get productive again, regardless of who ends up doing it."

Star Wars Episode VII is scheduled for release in 2015.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next