Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil Season 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel’s Daredevil Season Two Heads to Netflix in 2016!

SuperHeroHype

Apr 21, 2015

If you’ve already watched all 13 episodes of “Marvel’s Daredevil” on Netflix and are eager for more, we’ve got some good news. Netflix has just announced that they’ve picked up the series for a second season that will premiere in 2016.

Doug Petrie (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “American Horror Story”) and Marco Ramirez (“Sons of Anarchy”), who worked closely with Executive Producers Steven S. DeKnight and Drew Goddard during the first season, will serve as showrunners for season two. Goddard, Petrie and Ramirez will serve as Executive Producers for season two alongside Jeph Loeb.

“While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with Daredevil into its second season, I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch,” says DeKnight. “They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for one can’t wait to see what they do with the show moving forward.”

Starring Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), Rosario Dawson (Claire Temple), Bob Gunton (Leland Owlsely aka The Owl), Vondie Curtis Hall (Ben Urich), Toby Leonard Moore (Wesley, Wilson Fisk’s right hand man), Ayelet Zurer (Vanessa Fisk), and Vincent D’Onofrio (Wilson Fisk), “Marvel’s Daredevil” follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.

The next Marvel series to hit the streaming service will be “Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones.” That is targeted to arrive this fall with “Marvel’s Luke Cage” following in 2016. After that, we’re set to get “Marvel’s Iron Fist” and then “Marvel’s The Defenders,” described as “a mini-series event that reimagines a team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.”

Post subject: Re: Daredevil Season 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

What I'd love to see in Season 2:

Nick Fury asking Matt to join the Avengers ... and Matt flat turning the offer down.

And ...

Elektra!

The Punisher!

Stilt-Man!

Bullseye!

Moon Knight!

The Black Widow!

Yeah, Natasha is a REAL long shot. The movie characters don't often appear on TV. But with Matt and Natasha's history in the comics, it would be cool.

A kick-butt, old school Daredevil/Spider-Man team-up would be a blast, too. But alas, very unlikely on the show. It might happen on the big screen, though.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Cloak and Dagger would be cool.

Can't wait for Season 2.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:35 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I didn't see it myself but have read that Stiltman's stilts were seen in the workshop. I'm hoping that the oft-mentioned son arrives for season two and is a proper comic book Owl. (For the record, one of my earliest comics was a Spidey Super Stories featuring The Owl and The Cat so I'd have to gripes about her showing up, too!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jim_Abell wrote:
I didn't see it myself but have read that Stiltman's stilts were seen in the workshop.

Yes sir. Click on the thumbnail then look at the left hand side.

Image Image

Quote:
I'm hoping that the oft-mentioned son arrives for season two and is a proper comic book Owl. (For the record, one of my earliest comics was a Spidey Super Stories featuring The Owl and The Cat so I'd have to gripes about her showing up, too!)

Yep, Owlsely mentioned his son at least four times so that's building to something. I would love to see the Owl take flight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:40 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

SDcomics wrote:

Ooop... I did see those... a bit low-tech for what's supposed to be a costume...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:31 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I have loved this series and I'm so glad they're moving ahead with season 2. Can't find the link, but Charlie Cox has said on numerous occasions that his top wants for season 2 are Punisher and Elektra. Not sure about Punisher, but I'll be very surprised if Elektra doesn't show up.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:42 am 
Bob Vila

I saw Avenger: AOU on Monday night and was watching Black Widow fighting with the rest of the team, and afterwards it got me thinking about the costume for DD in this show. In the fight with Nobu, Matt gets pretty badly cut up and realizes after he'll need a more protecting outfit than what he's wearing. But the mark 1 version we see him get looks too armoured and blocky. If Black Widow can fight the type of assailants she does just wearing a leather cat suit, then surely we can see Daredevil in a suit closer to his comic look in season 2? Something that looks similar to the look of the new Batsuit in BvS maybe?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:01 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Rosario Dawson Returning for Season 2 of Marvel’s Daredevil, Plus Other Netflix Shows

SuperHeroHype

May 08, 2015

Marvel Entertainment has announced today that not only will Rosario Dawson return for the second season of “Marvel’s Daredevil” but that her new deal will also allow her to appear across all of their other Netflix shows, including “A.K.A. Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage,” and “Iron Fist.”

“After working with Rosario in the first season, we knew instantly that we had to have her back for our second,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb. “Claire Temple proved a fan favorite in Season 1, and we can’t wait for fans to see all the plans we have for her next.”

Season two of “Marvel’s Daredevil” will premiere on Netflix in 2016 along with “Marvel’s Luke Cage.” “Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones” will debut on the platform later this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jon Bernthal to Play The Punisher in Marvel’s Daredevil!

SuperHeroHype

Jun 09, 2015

Jon Bernthal (The Wolf of Wall Street, “The Walking Dead,” Fury) has joined the upcoming season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming on Netflix in 2016! Bernthal will portray The Punisher, one of Marvel’s most popular characters. He is a vigilante who aims to clean up New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results.

daredevilheader2“Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Castle’s appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same.”

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is Executive Produced by Doug Petrie (“American Horror Story,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Marco Ramirez (“DaVinci’s Demons”) and Drew Goddard (The Cabin in the Woods, “Lost”), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”)

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios. Season one of “Marvel’s Daredevil” is now streaming on Netflix.

Blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) fights against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the Super Hero “Daredevil” in modern day Hell’s Kitchen, New York City. “Marvel’s Daredevil” stars Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson and Rosario Dawson.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:54 pm 
Peg Hanger

Wow. Shane, huh? I guess we'll see...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:13 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Interesting news. I really would've thought that Punisher would get his own show, not be part of Daredevil.

I keep seeing news stories on the main page at Yahoo! about casting going on for Elektra and about Jason Statham being cast as Bullseye. Did I miss an announcement somewhere or are these just rumors for now? I could see them wanting to hold off on an official announcement on Statham, if it is true, for something big at D23.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:14 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

The Jason Statham rumor has been debunked. Latino Review started that.

They're supposedly casting for Elektra but nothing official.

I love this casting. Everything I've seen him in he is good. I can't wait to see him go up against Daredevil. As far as his own show, don't be surprised if he gets one. They've been talking about giving him one pretty much since they got the rights back.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Newsarama:

Report: Upcoming DAREDEVIL Season Is 'Daredevil vs. The Punisher'

by Chris Arrant, Editor

Date: 26 June 2015 Time: 03:35 PM ET

Deadline reports that the Punisher will be at odds with Matt Murdock for the second season of Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix. According to the trade, the newly hired showrunner Marco Ramirez is referring to the second season as "Daredevil vs. the Punisher" internally, and this news comes hot on the heels of The Walking Dead's Jon Bernthal being cast in the Frank Castle role.

In the first season of Daredevil, Charlie Cox's masked character was described as a murderous vigilante in local media although the character himself refused to kill. In comic books, the Punisher is an anti-hero that seeks out criminals and has little compunction for killing as opposed to Daredevil.

The second season of Daredevil is tentatively schedule to debut sometime in 2016 on Netflix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:15 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Set Photos from Marvel’s Daredevil Season Two Debut

SuperHeroHype

Jul 07, 2015

Cameras are officially rolling on the second season of “Marvel’s Daredevil” and photographer Shelly Kay (via CBM) has managed to snap the first images of filming with stars Charlie Cox and Elden Henson. Check them out below!

“Marvel’s Daredevil” also stars Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Rosario Dawson (Claire Temple), Ayelet Zurer (Vanessa Fisk), Vincent D’Onofrio (Wilson Fisk), and season two will introduce fans to Jon Bernthal as none other than Frank Castle, AKA The Punisher. The series follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel’s Daredevil” is Executive Produced by Doug Petrie (“American Horror Story,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Marco Ramirez (“DaVinci’s Demons”) and Drew Goddard (The Cabin in the Woods, “Lost”), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones”).

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios. Season one of “Marvel’s Daredevil” is now streaming on Netflix with season two set to debut in 2016.

Image Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 pm 
Peg Hanger

I wonder if Castles origin story is gonna be Afghanistan war vet?