It is currently Sat May 30, 2015 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel Developing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spin-Off
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:33 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel Entertainment Developing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spin-Off

SuperHeroHype

Apr 09, 2015

Entertainment Weekly brings word today that Marvel Entertainment is quietly developing a spin-off to their hit TV series “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Executive producer Jeffrey Bell and writer Paul Zbyszewski are shepherding the series together, though there’s no word on who or what will be the focus.

The magazine does note that, unlike “The Flash” or “Arrow,” there are no plans to incorporate a backdoor pilot into the remaining episodes of Season Two; however, “story elements” for the proposed series are said to be upcoming in future episodes of “S.H.I.E.L.D.” So be on the lookout for possible clues.

Should the spin-off be ordered, it will mark yet another of Marvel’s ventures into television following “Agent Carter” earlier this year and “Marvel’s Daredevil” that will debut tomorrow (along with the other “Defenders” in the next two years).

The spin-off is still not officially ordered by ABC in addition to a third season of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” so it could be some time before we hear more about what the series could be, but we’re betting on either Mockingbird or Deathlok. Who do you think the spin-off series will focus on?

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter, and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Post subject: Re: Marvel Developing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spin-Off
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:19 pm 
Variant Head

I'd love Mockingbird and Deathlok. I've missed J. August Richards this season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:20 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I feel like it would most likely focus on Skye leading up to the inhumans movie, right?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:21 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Or maybe Edward James olmos gains full control of shield and the spinoff is a coulson series?

Maybe Mack, may, Simmons, olmos and mockingbird are shield and coulson goes underground with fitz, Skye & deathlok?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel Developing TV Project with Oscar Winner John Ridley

SuperHeroHype

Apr 17, 2015

Entertainment Weekly brings word that Marvel Entertainment is teaming up with Academy Award winner John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) to develop a new TV series. The outlet notes that the deal “involves reinventing an existing Marvel superhero character or property for ABC,” though neither has commented on the matter. Ridley has had a long career in television where he currently works on “American Crime” and has previously executive produced “The Wanda Sykes Show,” “Barbershop,” and “Third Watch,” among others.

This news comes off the reveal last week that Marvel Entertainment is developing a a spin-off for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” which is likely the same project that Ridley will executive produce. Details are slim about what the series will be other than elements of the series will be teased in the remaining episodes of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

Marvel Entertainment’s television branch continues to expand following the debut of “Marvel’s Daredevil” on Netflix last week with “Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones” currently in production and slated to debut later this year. “Luke Cage” and “Iron Fist” are also set to debut on Netflix, culminating in “The Defenders.” Though additional seasons of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and “Marvel’s Agent Carter” have not been officially ordered, both shows could also return.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:02 am 
Variant Head

I though Agents Of SHIELD and Agent Carter had already been renewed. Why make a spin-off if you haven't definitively stated whether the original is coming back?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood Head to the Mysterious Marvel Spinoff Series

SuperHeroHype

Apr 20, 2015

Are Lance Hunter and Mockingbird getting their own spinoff series? At the very least, they’re a big part of something new as The Hollywood Reporter just broke the news that Nick Blood and Adrianne Palicki will be starring on ABC’s upcoming “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” spinoff. Executive producer Jeffrey Bell and writer Paul Zbyszewski are shepherding the series together, though there’s no word on who or what will be the focus. The trade does suggest, however, that the plot of the series will become clear after the end of “S.H.I.E.L.D.’s” second season. What’s more, they suggest that another show is on the way that will feature the “reinvention of an existing superhero character” with John Ridley developing.

Neither of the new series is 100% confirmed at this point, but both are being targeted to premiere sometime in 2016. It is also suggested that the odds are very much in favor of “S.H.I.E.L.D.” returning for a third season, but there’s no update on another season of “Marvel’s Agent Carter”.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

"The REAL Shield" and Coulson's Shield.

Could this be the beginning of Civil War?