Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Beware the Batman info (on the show designs)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm 
Collector Inspector

Some of this is old news but these might be clearer scans. DC Nation released a "Super Spectacular" magazine with bits and pieces for its various animated shows. Looks like Alfred is a former spy, Katana is the sidekick, and Metamorpho will make an appearance. I wouldn't mind a Katana figure based on this design. Or a Humpty figure.

Post subject: Re: Beware the Batman info (on the show designs)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm 
Collector Inspector

They also included a mini-comic book adventure. It's tricky to get excited about this. A LOT of characters that appeared in the JLU comic book didn't match the character designs on the show nor did they ever become action figures. But since ya never know, check out their take on Anarky and Tobias Whale.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 pm 
Collector Inspector

Well according to this...
That is what Anarchy should look like in the show as well.
Magpie as well...

I am excited for this show, but my excitement for the toy line is starting to fade a little.
Outside, Anarchy and maybe Mr. Toad as a pack-in figure, I just don't see kids wanting figures of the other villains shown.
Mr. Pig looks like Sherlock Holmes with a pig head. Don't see kids wanting guys in just suits. Same goes for Humpty Dumpty.
Perhaps Metamorpho will be cool. I can't exactly read his little bio; is he a good guy or a bad guy?
I really hope we get figures of Katana and Alfred.

(On Humpty Dumpty... I hate that they made him to look like a reference to EggHead. Guess that means that EggHead himself won't be in the show.)
DrGreenEvil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm 
Collector Inspector

"Metamorpho is a former guard who, because he was exposed to toxic chemicals, can now manipulate the elements of hiw own body."

Kinda unclear. I'm willing to bet it'll be like in the JLU. He'll get his powers, he'll lash out at those who did this to him, then probably be a hero.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 pm 
Damage Control

I foresee the show not performing as well as hoped, and if there is a second season (maybe even the 2nd half of the first), they will drop the idea of 'all new tv villains' and put in the villains that will get people in front of the tv (Joker, Two face, Penguin, etc). I'm not really excited for this one at all, but you never know, I've been surprised by more than a few shows I thought weren't going to be any good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 pm 
Collector Inspector

Veil1 wrote:
I foresee the show not performing as well as hoped, and if there is a second season (maybe even the 2nd half of the first), they will drop the idea of 'all new tv villains' and put in the villains that will get people in front of the tv (Joker, Two face, Penguin, etc). I'm not really excited for this one at all, but you never know, I've been surprised by more than a few shows I thought weren't going to be any good.

I have a feeling it will be like Brave and the Bold...
At the beginning they kept saying that the main Batman villains would not be in the show...
But Joker was a huge part of it starting from the end of season 1.
So yeah. Things will probably change.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:10 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Two Years.... enjoy it while it lasts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:58 am 
Wonderdog

Can't say I'm a fan of the radical redesign of Alfred Pennyworth. I don't care about revising his background, but does he need to look like a London dockworker now? Alfred is badass to me precisely because he looks like a non-threatening Jeeves, right up until he puts an MI-5 move on you that makes your head spin. This Alfred looks like Lurch.

Post subject: Re: Beware The Batman!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Sizzle reel on the front page has got me kinda excited for this. And we are only a month away from the premiere.

Anyone else have opinions (new, old, indifferent) from watching that bit?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Beware The Batman Set to Premiere this July

by SuperHeroHype

June 19, 2013

The long-teased animated series Beware The Batman will finally make its debut this July. Check out the full press release, trailer, and images below.

The Caped Crusader will return to television screens this summer when Beware the Batman premieres on Cartoon Network Saturday, July 13 at 10 a.m. (ET/PT) as part of DC Nation. Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans.

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordswoman Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation (WBA), this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” WBA’s Sam Register serves as executive producer, with Glen Murakami (Batman Beyond) and Mitch Watson (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.) producing.

Starring Anthony Ruivivar (Banshee) as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Beware The Batman boasts a stellar voice cast with JB Blanc (The Count of Monte Cristo) as Alfred and Sumalee Montano (ER) as Katana. Lending voices to the villains are Wallace Langham (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) as Anarky, Grey DeLisle (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) as Magpie, Udo Kier (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.) as Mr. Toad, Lance Reddick (Fringe) as Ra’s al Ghul and Brian George (The Big Bang Theory) as Professor Pyg.

Beware the Batman is the latest series based on characters from DC Comics to be added to DC Nation, Cartoon Network’s programming block on Saturday mornings. It will be followed by Teen Titans Go! at 10:30 a.m. and joined by all-new animated shorts.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

After watching the clip-- I still feel the animation doesnt look much better-- it seems too choppy and has that Walmart bootleg CCG copycat movies feel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Opening Credits for Beware the Batman Now Online

by SuperHeroHype

July 02, 2013

Cartoon Network's upcoming Batman cartoon, Beware the Batman, will premiere in just under two weeks and Entertainment Weekly has debuted the opening credits for the series. You can check it out by clicking here.

Starring Anthony Ruivivar ("Banshee") as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Beware The Batman boasts a stellar voice cast with JB Blanc (The Count of Monte Cristo) as Alfred and Sumalee Montano ("ER") as Katana. Lending voices to the villains are Wallace Langham ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation") as Anarky, Grey DeLisle ("Green Lantern: The Animated Series") as Magpie, Udo Kier ("Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.") as Mr. Toad, Lance Reddick ("Fringe") as Ra’s al Ghul and Brian George ("The Big Bang Theory") as Professor Pyg.

Beware the Batman is the latest series based on characters from DC Comics to be added to DC Nation, Cartoon Network’s programming block on Saturday mornings startin July 13 at 10 a.m. It will be followed by Teen Titans Go! at 10:30 a.m. and joined by all-new animated shorts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:28 pm 
Damage Control

That sizzle reel just illustrated to me that they don't know how to set up a scene using 3d. Tell me that the storyboarders on BTAS, JLU, or Even as recent as YJ couldn't make any of those clips look more dynamic. The final one with batman running from the explosion was especially boring (lets use the 3d to simply follow Batman through the explosion). It didn't help that the animation was subpar. All of the recent 2d animation teams would have made a more dynamic shot. One of the many pitfalls of using 3d.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:54 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Green Lantern: The Animated Series did some amazing stuff with their CGI in the action sequences so I'm not sure we can blame the subpar feel of this series on that. My gut tells me the creators themselves are the ones who aren't able to pull it off.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:22 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Not bad, not bad... Still not crazy about how Batman looks but Bruce looks pretty good considering the style (though it doesn't look like there's any way that his head could fit in that mask). Hopefully this is just the beginning curve and it will improve significantly like GL:TAS did.

Spoiler: show
Nice to see Michael Holt included, have to wonder if we'll see Mr. Terrific down the line now...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next