Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: S.H.I.E.L.D. Movie
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Jackson: S.H.I.E.L.D. Movie Happening

Nick Fury says to prepare for the Helicarrier now.

May 14, 2010

by Scott Collura

Do you want to see a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie? Well, Sam Jackson does -- and since he's signed to about 999,999 more Marvel movies, he rightly should. But is a film based on the famous (for us geeks anyway) secret intelligence agency really in the works?

"The Avengers should be shooting sometime next year," Jackson told Radio Big Boy. "Then, probably sometime after that, there will be a big S.H.I.E.L.D. movie."

The actor, of course, plays Nick Fury in the Marvel movies. Fury is the head of S.H.I.E.L.D., but the question must be asked: What would a S.H.I.E.L.D. film be all about, especially in the wake of an Avengers film which presumably would heavily focus on Fury's organization too?

Jackson also discusses Thor and Captain America in the interview, once again saying that he's not in the former film but will be in the latter. And amusingly enough, he claims that he doesn't know who's playing Cap but that the actor who was cast as Thor is "the guy who played Captain Kirk" in Star Trek. You're close Sam! (It's actually Chris Hemsworth, who played Kirk's dad in that movie.)

But what the hell does Jackson need to worry about such details for anyway? He's too busy signing all those Marvel checks…

Post subject: Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Movie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Do We Need a Nick Fury Movie?

by SuperHeroHype

December 17, 2012

ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype had a chance to speak with actor Samuel L. Jackson at the junket for Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained and our interview eventually got around to him reprising the role of Nick Fury, who he's now played four times in various capacities.

"Everybody likes a franchise character. Bruce (Willis) had his and Sylvester Stallone had Rocky, so I like coming back to Nick Fury. Nick Fury's a great guy," he told us, after which we mentioned that every time we run into Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, we ask him when they might do a Nick Fury movie to fill us in on the enigmatic S.H.I.E.L.D. head's backstory.

We asked Jackson whether he felt that doing a solo Nick Fury movie would be necessary to answer questions anyone might have about the character.

"I think a lot of people know that," Jackson responded. "I know him as something else because I've been alive longer than most of the fans that watch the movies so I know Nick Fury as the World War II veteran and all that stuff. It might be interesting to do one day but we find out little bits and pieces about Nick and we're going into 'Captain America 2' in late March."

As we wrapped up, he also confirmed that Fury does have a bigger role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, similar to his role in Iron Man 2.

Look for more from our interview with Jackson over on ComingSoon.net before "Django's" release on Christmas Day, December 25.