It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Scream Queens Season 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

FOX Orders Scream Queens Season 2, Setting Revealed

By ComingSoon

January 15, 2016

Officially revealed at their TCA panel, FOX has ordered Scream Queens Season 2!

From award-winning executive producers Ryan Murphy (“Glee,” “American Horror Story”), Brad Falchuk (“Glee,” “American Horror Story”) and Ian Brennan (“Glee”), Scream Queens Season 2 graduates from the college campus and into an all-new location, as a terrifyingly funny murder mystery will begin once again. This time, the show will be set in a hospital, where some of the most fascinating and bizarre medical cases are under observation. Casting for the series will be announced later.

Scream Queens is this season’s No. 1 new comedy among Adults 18-34, the No. 1 new series on VOD and the No. 1 series in social media. Across platforms, Scream Queens averages a +167% gain versus its Live + Same Day delivery (7.2 vs. 2.7 million) – the biggest multi-platform percentage gain versus Live + Same Day ever for a FOX program over the comparable period.

Scream Queens hails from Ryan Murphy Television and Brad Falchuk Teley-Vision in association with 20th Century Fox Television. The series is created by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan, who also serve as writers and directors on the series. Scream Queens is executive-produced by Murphy, Falchuk, Brennan and Alexis Martin Woodall (“American Horror Story: Hotel”).

Post subject: Re: Scream Queens Season 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:36 am 
T-Crotch

Wait, I thought they were keeping the same cast from season to season. They're turning it into an anthology like American Horror Story? If that's the case the first season finale will be the biggest let-down I have seen in awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:36 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Scream Again"
Spoiler: show
Wow, I really forgot how much I hated Chanel. I think the worst thing about this show is that it is constantly trying to get me to believe that Abigail Breslin is unattractive. This show's whole shtick regarding Chanel #5's supposed ugliness is "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Normally, I'd hate a character like Kirstie Alley's. She is absolutely horrible. But she is horrible to the correct people. So I like her instead.

This season feels very much like a murder mystery. Last season was too, but that engaged in more horror tropes. Maybe that was because this was the first show back, but I kind of got the feeling they were leaving more clues here than they did in last season's premiere.

How does Hester not know what double jeopardy is? Frankly, I'm glad she was caught. That was the least satisfying thing about season one. The least satisfying thing about season two so far is not explaining how Chanel survived her season ending encounter with the Red Devil. But we got Denise again, so bonus props for that.

I cannot believe the kid who played Chad doesn't seem to be a regular this year, and wasn't in this episode at all. That's weird, because he was the most talented and funny player in season one. You'd think the producers would do everything in their power to keep him locked down. But nobody ever accused the producers of this show of being smart. Chanel wasn't last season's break-out character, and even Denise and Hester weren't. It was Chad. Totally.

Worst Chanel moment was telling the patient after she felt beautiful for the first time in her life, to dial it back and that she's a Jersey 6 at best. At first, I kind of thought the makeover idea was awesome. But it led to that, which made me realize Chanel doesn't actually possess any redeeming qualities, and I was ridiculous for ever hoping she might.

Zayday's reaction to seeing the Chanels was the proper one, so I'm a little dismayed she completely bought it back. It would have been funnier if she had meant it.

Normally I'd complain this premiere wasn't all that hot, but the truth is neither was season one. This was about average compared to that. ***.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:53 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Warts And All"
So we learn how Chanel survived the season finale. The Red Devil in the cliffhanger was Chad messing with her. I'm satisfied with that answer.

Jamie Lee Curtis kicking the killer's @$$ will never get old.

"Burping the worm". I gonna have to remember that. Because... reasons.

"I think we just touched weiners." God, I am SO glad Chad is back.

Hester as Hannibal Lecter is going to be amazing.

Chaimberlain is nice, helpful, and black. This is a horrowshow. He is an upcoming casualty.

Colton Haynes needs to wash his face. Loved Chanel #5 beating up his tormentors. I think in that moment she wished they were the Chanels. So did I, to be honest.

MUCH better than last wek. ****1/2.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:07 am 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Handidates"
At first glance, killing off Chad seems like the dumbest of moves. He's the funniest person on the show, and its biggest selling point after Hester. But... it's obvious his actor wasn't a series regular this year, because he's SO amazing, a show this mediore wasn't able to lock him down for a full second season. Better to give the character a really gruesome and memorable death.

Do you know the messed up thing? That wasn't even the most memorable death in the episode. After that knife flew across the room at Org@$m Woman, I think I'm going to see that visual in my nightmares. The show isn't usually legitimately scary or disturbing. That one moment was.

We learned a lot about Chad before he died. He is the dumbest person Dean Munsch has ever known, and the worst lay she's ever had. He's saving one of his brothers to be his best man at his second wedding, which is the one that always sticks. And he and Stamos' w@ngs are the exact same size. But I think the most interesting facet of his personality is him handing Chanel a pre-nup the size of a phonebook on one knee and her acting as if he had put the Wh0re Diamond on her finger right then and there. These are horrible people. The fact that Chanel expects Chanel #5 to act like a dog when she is ringbearer clinches that idea.

I think the evil hand idea is not what is going on, and I similarly think that other doctor is crazy, and not dead. There is another medical condition he suffers from. Why do I believe these things? Because season one was VERY careful not to introduce supernatural elements into the show, and I kind of feel like if the show isn't poking fun of those tropes, and instead indulging in them, that they not only aren't playing fair with the audience, but making the show lose a large part of its appeal. The show did inexplicable stuff in the first season too. And it explained it the next week. It's about as bad an idea as those Scooby Doo DTV movies that have the characters dealing with actual aliens and ghosts. The fakery is a part of the appeal.

Farewell, Chad. You will be missed. Maybe not by Dean Munsch though. ****.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:49 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Halloween Blues"
Okay, I get this show now. It's Robot Chicken. It's stupid, unfunny, and thinks having people like Chanel behave deplorably is actually funny in its own right and that their comedy work is done. Like Robot Chicken, this show doesn't seen to write jokes. I'm just supposed to find junkie hooker Hello Kitty funny by itself. It's not. Neither is Chanel sending her grateful fans blood and guts as a gift basket. They aren't even writing jokes, or for that matter, coming with scary scenes. I cannot be afraid for a group of characters this horrible. Which makes the horror completely meaningless.

Two words describe this show: Robot Chicken. I get it now. That's all you need to know. *.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:50 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Chanel Pour Homme-Icide"
Dean Munsch is despicable for consenting to Chanel's plan to use the patients as bait.

I was very saddened by that girl thanking the Green Meanie for cutting off her finger before he killed her. Why didn't the doctors think of that?

I do not think Chamberlain is the killer. I also think he is exactly as nice as he appears. Which means he's doomed.

You know, I'd feel a lot more sympathy to the abuse Chanel #5 suffers if she weren't so horrible herself. On some level, karma says she has it coming.

I don't even think Kirstie Alley's character needs to blackmail Dean Munsch with releasing her dying of a terminal illness to the press. She HAS to know at this point that she's covering up murders too, right?

I'm pretty much annoyed with this show now. **1/2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:18 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Blood Drive"
Hawthorne is White Mammy's sister? Explains why she hates the Chanels. Doesn't explain how she knows Chanel #1 killed her sister. She was never found out for that.

It's comfirmed Dead Doctor is the killer. Doesn't explain his medical condition though.

There's another Green Meanie out there? Could it be Hester? Or is it someone else? Chamberlain just became a dark horse due to the sinister look he gave upon hugging Zayday, but that might not mean much. Everyone on this show is always giving secret sinister looks.

You know what? John Stamos COULD pass for a 30 year old with bad skin. There is a reason "Grandfathered" was a decent concept for a show.

The scene of Chanel and Munsch fighting over the liter board as apocalyptic music played is one of the funniest things the show has ever done. Would that there were more moments like that.

I love that a crab was supposedly found in Chanel's blood sample. Gross.

Not bad. ***1/2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:09 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "The Hand"
Theory: Munsch is the second Green Meanie. They hinted Hoffel was the Meanie who attacked Intestine Girl, but Munsch had the better motive to do it. What I don't know is if it is her, what her motive for attacking anyone else is. But we do know she is already a murderer. She is now my prime suspect.

That scene in the operating room was bizarre, gross, touching, hilarious, and empowering, and unlike any other scene the show has ever had. And I think the show is better for having had this scene.

The dude who was poisoning himself was not only a jerk, but a coward. If he had just nut up and told his girlfriend the truth a long time ago, her could have spared them BOTH a lot of suffering. I hated him, and wish the Meanie had gotten him.

By the way, Holt is nuts. Serial killer hand is not real. He's just crazy. I don't think a new hand will help.

Very good episode. ****1/2.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:05 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Rapunzel, Rapunzel"
With that title, you know somethin's gettin' cut.

Knew Chamberlain was doomed. He was far too kind (and black) to survive this show.

I am unsurprised Weston is the second Meanie, but it is both good and bad. It's good because he's clearly nuts and was last year too. In fact he was a very good dark horse suspect for the killer after Hester. So it makes sense they'd take him here. But it's bad because this is his first appearance this season, and it wasn't set up for cr*p. That's just bad writing. The first time we learned Grace was in a mental institution should not have been during his confession.

Zayday and Chamberlain are cr*p investrigators,. It never ONCE occurs to them to take a gun with them when confronting potential knife-wielding murderers? And the plan to trap the Meanie to cut off part of the costume was needlessly complicated and dangerous. If they WERE going to put themselves in that much danger, why not try actually unmasking the killer in that moment? And how stupid is Zayday for accepting a drink from a suspected murderer? The show is always having the characters engage in stupid tropes to make fun them. But when the supposedly smart characters engage in them, I don't think the show is being satirical. I think it's being badly written.

I am unsurprised Chanel is bad in bed. There really is no redeeming virtue for this girl, and it's not like her constant abuse is tempered by anything positive. She thinks she's hot and she lets guys pork her and her job is done. I was about as offended as Brock was at the greatest generation thing. His reactions to Chanel all throughout the episode were the first time the character has acted normally. The new hand has been good for him.

Still, as bad as Chanel is, the favor she did Chamberlain with his phone was geniunely nice. So of course it wound up getting him killed.

Really, this show is running out of tricks to surprise me. ***.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:52 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Lovin The D"
I freaking LOVE the Green Meanie summit. I love it about as much as Hester clearly does. So much fun to learn who did what and hear everyone negotiate for their final kills.

Love learning she's Weston's daughter. That was one piece of last year's puzzle that wasn't filled in. But she definitely killed more than one person as stated here. Aside from Nasim Pedrad's character, she offed Grace's boyfriend and almost certainly Predatory Lesbian. Considering how meticulous the writers were with the kill score here, I'm a bit surprised they lost count there.

Hester was right that Brock's hand was all in his head. But I think she's planting thoughts in his head that aren't true. I have never killed anyone. And yet, I want to kill Chanel #1 too. I think at this point it's normal and that Brock losing his patience and going nuts is simply what happens to non-monsters who date Chanel.

Weston should have seen that coming. The coffee was sloppy. The coffee was going to get them caught. His alliance with Cassidy would have been a LOT more solid if he hadn't tried to kill Chanel himself. Because that was a good deal he offered Cassidy. I have no doubt if they both survive, Hoffel WILL try to frame him as the sole killer. And she'll be able to do it pretty easily too.

Chanel saying to Hoffel that she once had a bad experience with a deep fryer reminded me that wanting to kill her is normal.

The mother saying she spent time as a hot woman and as an old lady is wrong. She's still hot. She is NOT an old lady. Not even close.

Hilarious episode. The show is at its best when everyone is discussing the specific murders and figuring them out. That's why last year's Thanksgiving show was the best. This is the best episode so far this year too. *****.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:07 pm 
T-Crotch

Scream Queens "Drain The Swamp"
Better than last year's finale just because the killer was actually beaten and didn't get away with it. But it still wasn't great.

Dean Munsch only drinking scotch and vodka shows that she is a very stupid person. She brushes her teeth with scotch? Idiot. Also moronic was thinking she ate human brains. The African guy on the end of the phone who hung up on her's disgust was righteous. She didn't think much of him, did she?

Bigger bomb than Cloud Atlas. Gonna have to remember that one.

I got serious Trading Places vibes from the end of Hester and Brock. I think that as a Jamie Lee Curtis movie, that's what they were going for. Learning Brock is now a Deadliest Game style murderer is also appropriate.

I loved everybody pointing out the hole that Cassidy could have just pushed Chanel #5 out of the way rathering than taking a machete to the chest. Chanel #1 was also right that the logic of it being a moment of redemption for him didn't hold up either.

Wish they did more with Denise. The fact that they didn't makes me think the coma was a waste of time, and that they never should have had her exit the show for an extended period. I hope Neicy Nash is a series regular next year. She should have been this year.

The Hillary Clinton line was so bad because everybody, even the Chanels, had a look of pain and horror when she said it. Which is the correct reaction.

I'm disappointed that Chanel #3 actually has teeth in her v@gina. VERY disappointed that the writers actually think that little of her.

Again, this was better than last year, but I kind of don't think that should be the freaking bar. ***1/2.