Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat May 28, 2016 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Batman: The Killing Joke
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:14 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Seems an animated version is on the way...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/10/ ... ated-film/

Post subject: Re: The Killing Joke
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:09 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

W00t!!!
So friggin happy
:D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:01 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Apparently the animation team has been given approval for an R rating, not that they necessarily will...

https://games.yahoo.com/news/killing-jo ... 03249.html

...of course even if it does it will still end up next to Super Friends in the kids' section at Target... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Killing Joke Movie: Check Out the First Image

SuperHeroHype

Mar 14, 2016

First announced at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con International, the next DC Comics animated film adapts Alan Moore’s classic Batman: The Killing Joke. What’s more, the Killing Joke movie is set to feature the return of Batman: The Animated Series stars Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, reprising their iconic roles as Batman and the Joker, respectively. Today, Hamill took to Twitter to share the first Killing Joke movie image. Below, you can also check out a behind-the-scenes image of both stars together, also tweeted by Hamill.

Written by Alan Moore and drawn by Brian Bolland, Batman: The Killing Joke was published in 1988 and is widely considered to be one of the best comic book stories of all time. The graphic novel offers a version of the Joker’s origin story and follows as the Clown Prince of Crime terrorizes Commissioner Jim Gordon and ultimate paralyzes his daughter, Barbara Gordon. Although the story was not originally supposed to take place in the regular DC Comics continuity, The Killing Joke wound up setting in motion the events that would lead to Barbara Gordon becoming Oracle.

The animated adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke movie, which is expected to debut on DVD and Blu-ray later this year, is executive produced by Bruce Timm and will retell the classic tale. It will also feature an original 15-minute prologue that helps set up the story, giving even longtime fans of the story something new to look forward to.

Post subject: Re: Batman: The Killing Joke
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 pm 
AFA Graded

That picture makes me smile.

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor, Ro-Bear Bill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:58 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Call me crazy (I don't mind, if you ever saw my house you'd know that I qualify...), but for one project I would love to see Conroy and Hamill switch roles. Granted this isn't the project to do that on but I think it would be very interesting to see how each of them would take on the other's signature role.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:55 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

^^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:18 pm 
AFA Graded

Me too. That's a great idea.

Edit:

Now that I think about it, I think Hamill would make a GREAT Batman. He was Luke Skywalker, so he can do heroic, and now there is some gravel in his voice. I'm less sure about Conroy as Joker, but that's one experiment I like to see tried!

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor, Ro-Bear Bill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:44 am 
Loose, Missing Package

It's been years since I've read Killing Joke but I honestly don't remember anything beyond the shooting of Barbara Gordon and the screwing with Jim Gordon's mind that would push the story beyond a PG, even those events would have to be presented in a fairly graphic manner to push it into "R" territory.

What have I forgotten that would get a studio approval for a possible "R" rating?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:56 pm 
AFA Graded

Jim_Abell wrote:
What have I forgotten that would get a studio approval for a possible "R" rating?
The fact that fanboys are a bunch of sniggering schoolboys who want to see Barb's nipples when she's violated. That's the only reason I can think of.

No, you could never describe me as charitable to fandom.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:08 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Funny. Nipples and bare rear ends used to be acceptable under a "PG" forty years ago, even in a "kids' movie" (re: Clash of the Titans - then again, baby Kal-El let it all hang out long before the Nirvana kid...). Watching some of the later DTVs I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried to drop a single F-bomb into one of them, ya know... just because they *can*...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:36 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Beetlejuice still holds the championship for best single f-bomb in a pg movie, in my opinion!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:42 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Beetlejuice still holds the championship for best single f-bomb in a pg movie, in my opinion!

Now you're making me go and re-watch that because I don't remember any F-bombs but I'm not sure I ever saw it in a theater so it may have been edited out when I saw it...

(and I would've sworn that movie was a PG-13 but no... PG it was...)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:37 pm 
AFA Graded

Nice f***ing model! Honk Honk!

Beetlejuice is a classic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:03 am 
Peg Hanger

Fone Bone wrote:
Nice f***ing model! Honk Honk!

Beetlejuice is a classic.

I used to yell that when I was 5, thought it was the funniest thing ever.