It is currently Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Thor: Ragnarok
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:43 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel’s Thor 3 Moving Forward with Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost Scripting

SuperHeroHype

Jan 29, 2014

On the heels of yesterday's news about Captain America: The Winter Soldier helmers Anthony and Joe Russo signing on for Captain America 3 comes word on another Marvel Studios sequel. Marvel announced today that Senior Vice President of Production and Development Craig Kyle will script Thor 3 alongside the returning Christopher Yost (who, with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely scripted Thor: The Dark World from a story by Don Payne and Robert Rodat).

“I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," President of Production Kevin Feige said in a prepared statement. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process. The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor’s adventure.”

Kyle began his career at Marvel Studios in 2001 as the sole Creative Executive for the company’s animation division. In 2003, Craig co-created the character X-23, an adolescent female clone of Marvel’s popular character Wolverine. She was introduced into the comic book mainstream a year later, becoming one of the most popular new characters from Marvel over the last decade. Craig has developed, produced and written numerous animated series and oversaw the development and production of Marvel’s original animated direct-to-DVD projects including Ultimate Avengers: I & II, Invincible Iron Man, Hulk VS, Next Avengers, Doctor Strange, Planet Hulk and Thor: Tales of Asgard. During his many years with Marvel, Craig co-wrote a series of top selling X-Men comics including "New X-Men," "X-23: Innocence Lost" and "X-Force" (also with Yost). Kyle was promoted to SVP of Production and Development of Marvel Studios’ live-action division five years ago.

Marvel Studios currently has three mystery titles on their schedule: One on July 8, 2016, one on May 6, 2016 and one set for July 8, 2017. Could one of those dates wind up getting filled by Thor 3? Check back for further updates as soon as they become available.

Post subject: Re: Thor 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:11 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Confirmed today by Marvel: Thor: Ragnarok will be released on July 28th, 2017.

Post subject: Re: Thor: Ragnarok
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:29 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:09 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Loki returning! LOVE IT.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Thor: Ragnarok / 21 Jun 2015

Marvel Reportedly Eyeing Original Thor Director for Ragnarok

Branagh to return?

By Alex Osborn

Kenneth Branagh is reportedly Marvel's top choice to direct Thor: Ragnarok.

The first Thor film was directed by Branagh, and according to Umberto Gonzalez who recently spoke to Popcorn Talk (via /Film), Marvel wants him to return to round out the God of Thunder's film trilogy.

"I was hearing that Marvel wanted Kenneth Branagh back for Thor 3," he said. "But, he just got an offer to direct Murder on the Orient Express at Fox. So, I don’t know if it is going to happen or not. They’re thinking about bringing him back into the fold."

Thor: Ragnarok was announced last year with a July 2017 release date. However, the film has since been pushed back a few months and is now set to hit theaters on November 3, 2017.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Captain America: Civil War Will Include Clues For Thor: Ragnarok

SuperHeroHype

Jul 21, 2015

When Chris Hemsworth stopped the entire plot of this summer’s Avengers: Age of Ultron to take a bath filled with foreshadowing for Thor: Ragnarok it left many of the uninitiated (and even some of the initiated) scratching their heads wondering the significance of Thor’s dire vision of Asgard’s future. Now Hero Complex has spoken to one of the God of Thunder’s trustiest servants Jaimie Alexander (a.k.a. The Lady Sif) about how we can expect Marvel Studios to tease more of what’s going on in the Asgardian realm in the currently-filming Captain America: Civil War.

“There’s a lot of great stuff they’ve peppered in through ‘Agents of SHIELD,’ [‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’], ‘Captain [America: Civil War’] will have some stuff,” Alexander confirmed. “There’s just all kind of Easter eggs and hunts, if you’re really paying attention. They’re so good at interweaving everything throughout those films.”

Of course, the stunning actress also confirmed that Sif (and hopefully the rest of The Warriors Three) will be back in the third solo “Thor” installment, although she did not indicate whether or not she knows this information because she has a cameo of her own in Civil War, much the way Idris Elba’s Heimdall dropped by in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

“Marvel, I think on purpose, they don’t tell me certain things,” she said, “because they know I’ll be like, ‘So here’s what’s gonna happen.’ But I do know I will be in ‘Thor 3′ and that Sif will have a very pivotal part in that movie. I just can’t tell you what because I’ll get shot.”

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, Captain America: Civil War is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. It is set to feature the return of Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America, this time joined in his “solo” film by fellow Avengers Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

Sebastian Stan will also be back as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier alongside Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl as Baron Helmut Zemo, Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, and Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man. The film is also supposed to debut Marvel’s new Spider-Man, played by Tom Holland.

Meanwhile, Thor: Ragnarok will close out the Asgardian trilogy with a screenplay by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Kyle (producer on previous two Thor films), and will continue the cliffhanger of Loki (Tom Hiddleston) having secretly taken the throne in guise of his adoptive father Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Although no director has been selected yet, Marvel Studios will release the film on November 3, 2017 in 3D/2D theaters and IMAX.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Taika Waititi in Negotiations to Direct Thor: Ragnarok

SuperHeroHype

Oct 02, 2015

Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows helmer Taika Waititi is in negotiations with Marvel Studios to direct Thor: Ragnarok, according to TheWrap. The God of Thunder will again be played by Chris Hemsworth.

The site says that Waititi beat out former Ant-Man hopefuls Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland, Gangster Squad) and Rawson Marshall Thurber (Dodgeball, We’re the Millers) in addition to Rob Letterman (Goosebumps) for the job, and he will follow in the footsteps of Thor director Kenneth Branagh and Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor.

Waititi’s other credits include Eagle vs. Shark and he wrote the script for Walt Disney Animation’s upcoming Moana, featuring Dwayne Johnson.

Thor: Ragnarok will close out the Asgardian trilogy with a screenplay by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Kyle (producer on previous two Thor films), and will continue the cliffhanger of Loki (Tom Hiddleston) having secretly taken the throne in guise of his adoptive father Odin (Anthony Hopkins).

Marvel Studios will release Thor: Ragnarok on November 3, 2017 in 3D/2D theaters and IMAX.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will the God of Thunder and The Hulk Team Up in Thor: Ragnarok?

SuperHeroHype

Oct 12, 2015

Rumors have been circulating for years about what Marvel Studios would do with Mark Ruffalo’s The Hulk following 2012’s The Avengers, and after the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron, the character’s fate is still very much up in the air, literally. Now, JoBlo brings word that the giant green rage monster might be appearing earlier than 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War and he’ll be teaming up with a fellow avenger.

According to the site, The Hulk will team up with Thor in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, bringing the two together after their little scuffles in The Avengers. The film will reportedly center on a “distant planet” that is “not Asgard and not Earth.” It’s unclear what this planet is or will be in the context of the film, though the constant rumors (amid denials) of a “Planet Hulk” film will likely lead to much speculation.

Thor: Ragnarok will close out the Asgardian trilogy with a screenplay by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Kyle (producer on previous two Thor films), and will continue the cliffhanger of Loki (Tom Hiddleston) having secretly taken the throne in guise of his adoptive father Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows helmer Taika Waititi is in negotiations to direct the upcoming film.

Marvel Studios will release Thor: Ragnarok on November 3, 2017 in 3D/2D theaters and IMAX.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:25 pm 
not exactly street legal

I don't mind Planet Hulk as long as Tony Stark has nothing to do with it. They get rid of the idea of him betraying Bruce, and I'm cool with it.

DCAU Wish List: Blight, Inque, Stalker, Jonah Hex, Royal Flush Gang, Luminus, Jax-Ur, Mala, Granny Goodness, Stompa, Mad Harriet, Count Vertigo, Mr. Mxyzspltlk, Steppenwolf, Kanto, Static, Gear, Zeta, Ro, Felix Faust, Morgaine Le Fey, Ares, Circe, Hades.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor: Ragnarok Hulk Rumors Confirmed

SuperHeroHype

Oct 15, 2015

The story first broke at JoBlo earlier this week, and now it seems the Thor: Ragnarok Hulk rumors are true! Various trade sites are confirming today that Marvel Studios is close to locking Mark Ruffalo for the “Phase Three” appearance.

According to the earlier reports, the Hulk will team up with Thor in the God of Thunder’s third solo film. The story will reportedly center on a “distant planet” that is “not Asgard and not Earth.” It’s unclear what this planet might be in the context of the film, although the constant rumors (amid denials) of a Planet Hulk film are likely to feed into fan speculation.

Before appearing in Ragnarok Hulk star Mark Ruffalo will reprise his role as Dylan Rhodes in director Jon M. Chu’s Now You See Me: The Second Act. Also set to star Woody Harrelson, Daniel Radcliffe, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Jesse Eisenberg, Jay Chou, Lizzy Caplan and Dave Franco, the Now You See Me sequel hits the big screen June 10, 2016.

Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows helmer Taika Waititi is in negotiations to direct the upcoming film.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor: Ragnarok Set to Start Production in June 2016

SuperHeroHype

Oct 23, 2015

Yesterday came the official announcement that Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok will be filmed in Australia, where it will be production neighbors with Alien: Paradise Lost. Now, Marvel Studios has announced that the film will start pre-production in Queensland in January 2016 with filming to begin in June 2016.

“Queensland offers an amazing and diverse backdrop for ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ and we are very excited to bring this film to such an incredible locale. Marvel Studios would like to thank the Queensland Government for helping to make this a reality,” said Louis D’Esposito, Co-President of Marvel Studios.

The studio will film at many locations throughout Queensland, including scenes at Village Roadshow Studios at the Gold Coast.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mark Ruffalo Teases Thor: Ragnarok, Not Hopeful for Solo Hulk Film

SuperHeroHype

Oct 31, 2015

We know that Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner/The Hulk are set to appear in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, but does that mean that Marvel Studios is closer to putting the giant green rage monster in his own movie now?

“Actually, it feels even further away,” Ruffalo tells USA Today. “It’s not Marvel’s property, it’s Universal’s property. I don’t know. It seems really problematic.”

That said, Ruffalo would still be interested in pursuing his own movie, citing the Banner/Hulk rivalry as fertile ground for exploration

“I’d love to do it, it’d be really fun. There’s a lot still to do with the character. I always try to think about different places we could go with him…When you get off of the planet Earth, you can start playing with that stuff a little bit. I’m angling for it. I don’t know if it’ll happen now, but at some point, I’d like to see it happen. When I was doing Age of Ultron — doing the Scarlet Witch acid trip scenes — it really took me a long time to figure out what the Hulk would be afraid of. And then I realized, it was Banner. That relationship is what we’re all so into, but we’ve never seen them in the same scene together — you’re either one or the other, or somewhere in between. But I always imagined that that could be pretty exciting if we could pull it off.”

The actor went on to tease the “buddy cop” Thor: Ragnarok, saying:

“I don’t know what the story is yet, but it’ll be (Loki) and Thor, and then I’ll be in there here and there. But I don’t know any of the particulars quite yet. I’ve talked to Taika (Waititi, the director) a little bit and I like where it’s headed. … Chris (Hemsworth) and I have a really good time together, we goof off and play around when Tom Hiddleston is around. So it’ll be a lot of funny back-and-forth, especially with Taika, he does that really well. It’ll have that kind of antagonistic Odd Couple-thing going on.”

Thor: Ragnarok will close out the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Asgardian trilogy. It features a screenplay by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Kyle (producer on previous two Thor films), and will continue the cliffhanger ending of Thor: The Dark World wherein it was revealed that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has secretly taken the Asgardian throne in guise of his adoptive father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). The film will start pre-production in Queensland, Australia in January 2016 with filming to begin in June 2016.

“Flight of the Conchords” and What We Do in the Shadows helmer Taika Waititi will direct Thor: Ragnarok, which Marvel Studios will release on November 3, 2017 in 3D/2D theaters and IMAX.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor: Ragnarok Adds Black List Scribe Stephany Folsom

SuperHeroHype

Dec 02, 2015

The list of talent working on Marvel Studios’ upcoming “Phase Three” entry Thor: Ragnarok has expanded today as The Hollywood Reporter brings word that 2013 “Black List” screenwriter Stephany Folsom is the latest scribe to board the project. Previously, Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle have worked on the script.

Thor: Ragnarok, aimed to close out the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Asgardian trilogy, will continue the cliffhanger ending of Thor: The Dark World wherein it was revealed that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has secretly taken the Asgardian throne in guise of his adoptive father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). The story will reportedly center on a “distant planet” that is “not Asgard and not Earth.” It’s unclear what this planet might be in the context of the film, although the constant rumors (amid denials) of a Planet Hulk film are likely to feed into fan speculation. It has also been confirmed that Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk will play a major part in the storyline.

Folsom, who also keeps a film centric blog, Stephany Say, is best known for her Black List entry 1969: A Space Odyssey or How Kubrick Learned to Stop Worrying and Land on the Moon. Based on a popular conspiracy theory, the film tells the story of how the United States, desperate to win the space race, hired the legendary filmmaker to fake the Apollo 11 landing. Folsom also scripted Walt Disney Pictures’ upcoming The Princess of North Sudan, which tells the story of a father who claimed African territory so that he could officially make his daughter a princess.

Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows helmer Taika Waititi is directing Thor: Ragnarok, which hits theaters November 3, 2017 in 3D/2D theaters and IMAX.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:11 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Is Cate Blanchett Joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

SuperHeroHype

Dec 10, 2015

Is Cate Blanchett joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Variety reports that the two-time Academy Award winner has entered talks to play a mystery character in 2017’s Thor: Ragnarok. Who might that mystery character be? It’s not hard to imagine Cate Blanchett as Asgard’s own Enchantress or even to picture the Carol star as Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel. Of course, Cate Blanchett successfully pulled off playing Bob Dylan, so the possibilities are pretty much endless.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:28 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

I'll take a few guesses.

Hela?

Enchantress?

Valkyrie?

I dunno. Any of the above would be cool.