Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Batman vs. Two-Face
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:27 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Seems '66 Batman has found his Two-Face...

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1564110 ... rtant-role

Post subject: Re: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:04 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Honestly this movie should have been released when the MATTEL TV series figures were in stores. I think it is beyond lame we get two BATMAN 66 movies but yet no "neo classics" movies, I think a BTAS, JLU or Young Justice movie would out sell either of the animated 66 movies by a landslide! I mean seriously 66 Batman may have a following but not as big as BTAS the baby boomers grew up on BTAS! I was there from the meager start with Superman Doomsday I bought every single movie the day the came out up until I think Robin VS Batman, now I do not even watch most of them. If they want people like me back buying these movies then give me any of the following -

Batman animated series movie
JLU movie
Batman Brave and the bold movie
The Batman movie
Justice League Trapped in time 2 (LOSH coming to Suergirl helloooo)
Knightfall movie
JLI movie
Young Justice movie

enough with the new 52 movies and the year late 10 dollar short 66 animated movies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:40 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Probably because the series sold like crazy when it hit home video (and it seems to still be selling very well, I work for a video distributor now and see them going out all the time), would take a bit of time to get those initial sales numbers in and prep an animated film.

JLI, Knightfall or Trapped in Time 2 seem to be far more likely to happen than the others, seems like WB doesn't want to backtrack to any of those properties (other than doing something like Teen Titans Go! perhaps).

At least they're branching out a bit more with Justice League Dark and The Judas Contract (even if they are tied to their Justice League/Batman DTV continuity).

I look at it this way, at least it's something far more family friendly than the Killing Joke. Something a whole family could watch together which there isn't a lot of these days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:06 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Jim you are right about the family friendly part a a parent of a 4 year old girl who loves Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman its hard to even get the time to try out any of these gore fest new 52 movies. Flashpoint Paradox Batman she calls the scary Batman , BTAS is the real Batman to her. I just miss when the WB DC toons did not talk down to children or where to violent it used ot be such a happy medium.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:57 am 
PVC

I honestly was not looking forward to the first Caped Crusaders movie but love the fact they are bringing Two Face into this! I'll probably be picking this one up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Had been wondering about the status of this, especially since West's passing...

Due out on October 17th. I have to say that I am really impressed with what I'm hearing from Shatner in this trailer. (and I do believe a certain "licensed therapist" is making her '66 debut here, too)

I have to wonder if there may have been a third one in the works.