Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:33 am 
serves the Otter

Wow. Those are...impressive.

I'd rather have someone who can act. If this were 1995, I'd want Terry Farrell (Deep Space 9's Dax). But it's not. What about Jessica Biel? Or Angela Lansbury?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Wonder Woman R.I.P.?

Rumors persist about solo flick's death.

October 16, 2007 - Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov recently tried, via an article in Variety, to put the kibosh on reports that he had decided against green-lighting any more films featuring female leads, a decision which would obviously affect the fate of the studio's long-gestating Wonder Woman movie. Now the same industry columnist who first reported Robinov's alleged decree is back with more, including rumors about the fate of Wonder Woman.

According to DeadlineHollywoodDaily.com's Nikki Finke, Robinov has "nixed Wonder Woman as a stand-alone film, downgrading her to just one of four superhero characters in the proposed Justice League pic."

Finke adds, "Robinov will only make Wonder Woman as a spin-off of Justice League, about four superheroes including Wonder Woman. But his proviso is that JL (no doubt its proper name Justice League Of America would be too jingoistic for the foreign market) would have to do really, really boffo to justify having a female star-driven pic."

The news broke yesterday that Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Live Free or Die Hard, Grindhouse), Teresa Palmer (Wolf Creek), and Friday Night Lights co-stars Minka Kelly and Adrianne Palicki had all auditioned for Justice League, apparently for the role of Wonder Woman.

Both Warner Bros. and reps for Wonder Woman producer Joel Silver failed to respond to IGN's inquiries for comment, confirmation or denial on Finke's report at time of publish. We Wonder why ...

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:01 am 
5" Scale

Four superheroes? :shock: What happened to the rest of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:31 am 
An Insider

Dan Didio had them killed off. He found out fans liked those characters.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:08 pm 
Prototype

Thatman wrote:
Four superheroes? :shock: What happened to the rest of them?

Must be a mistake. All 7 heroes will be in the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Wonder Woman on Hold

Source: superherohype.com

October 29, 2007

SCI FI Wire is reporting that the Wonder Woman movie being produced by Joel Silver for Warner Bros. has now stalled while the studio focuses on George Miller's Justice League and movies based on DC Comics' male heroes like Flash and Green Lantern.

Joel Silver, who was producing the now-stalled Wonder Woman movie, told reporters that the project has been placed on the back burner in light of another impending superhero film. "They're going to make the Justice League movie, and we're kind of pausing on Wonder Woman now," Silver said in a news conference while promoting Fred Claus. "Let them go ahead and do that picture [first]."

The Amazon superhero from the DC Comics series will be a major part of the upcoming JLA. "And if that comes together, Wonder Woman will be a part of that story," Silver said. "And then we'll see where we go from there. But we struggled with it for a while. I hope that we can solve it and make it one day."

You can read the rest of this story on SCI FI Wire.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject: Re: Wonder Woman Movie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:18 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Nicolas Winding Refn Gives His Take on Wonder Woman

by superherohype.com

Jun 15th, 2010

"What if women were more powerful than men? What would the world be like?"

While DC Entertainment gears up for their attempts at bringing some of the DC Comics heroes to the screen, some for the very first time, one of the characters that's been somewhat neglected so far is Wonder Woman. While there have been a number of attempts over the years with Joel Silver and Joss Whedon trying to make that movie work, the Amazon powerhouse has repeatedly been put on the backburner in favor of more movies starring Batman or Superman.

A few weeks back, Danish filmmaker Nicholas Winding Refn, who has build himself a cult fanbase with movies like "The Pusher Trilogy" and last year's Bronson, told the BBC that he may be interested in making a Wonder Woman movie. As is often the case, it wasn't exactly newsworthy at the time.

It probably still isn't, but you gotta love the guys at Movieline because when they had a chance to talk to Refn yesterday about his new movie, they seemingly spent a good portion of that interview talking about Wonder Woman. Silly us, we just talked about upcoming movies that Refn actually is making, the Hollywood action movie Drive with Ryan Gosling and the Asian crime-thriller Only God Forgives, both of which should be keeping him busy over the next couple years.

Regardless, he reiterated his earlier interest to Movieline, saying:

Wonder Woman, I really want to make. That, I’m hoping, will be my $200 million extravaganza — if I even get close to it. That’s why I say, “Well, let me go make Drive; me start the ball rolling within the system.”

With some urging, he discussed what he thought would be an interesting way into the character:

The real origin of Wonder Woman is: What if women were more powerful than men? What would the world be like? That's a subliminal theme.

I think that when Christopher Nolan did the Batman movies, I think he very cleverly went back to the source material and took themes that had maybe not been exercised. And he was able to make very good and successful films with them. So I think the audience is very much out there. It’s just how you do it. And I think that some of the films that have worked over the years have worked for different reasons than people sometimes think they do.

And where Wonder Woman on one hand is a great female character who can be included in many great fight scenes, she doesn’t have great villains against her. OK, so you create some. She doesn’t have a Joker or those classic Batman kinds of guys. But she does have her whole world that she comes from, which is fascinating. The whole idea of a woman who is basically more powerful than any man — and who will always be that, and comes from a society of women who are more powerful than men — is an interesting theme that I think can be very contemporary.

You can read the rest of what he had to say about Wonder Woman over on Movieline and let us know what you think about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Williams Interested in Riddler, Donner Wants Wonder Woman

by SuperHeroHype

Jun 25th, 2010

Both talk about their desire to be involved in the projects

Robin Williams told Empire magazine (via MusicRooms.net) that he would be interested in playing a role in Christopher Nolan's next Batman film, scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.

Williams, who starred in Nolan's 2002 release Insomnia, said: "I would do Batman in a second, playing anyone, I'd play The Riddler in the next one, although it would be hard to top Heath as the villain and I'm a little hairy for tights... The Batman films have screwed me twice before: years ago they offered my The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey. I'd be like, 'OK, is this a real offer? If it is, then the answer's yes. Don't pump me again motherf**kers.'"

Regarding another DC Entertainment property, "X-Men" films producer Lauren Shuler Donner tells SCI FI Wire she really wants to take on a Wonder Woman movie.

"I'm campaigning to produce Wonder Woman for DC and Warners. They don't want it, but I just think she's the greatest character. She's right up there, as you know, with Superman and Batman, the three of them. I want to produce Wonder Woman," she said.

We're not sure who she means when she says "they don't want it," but Shuler Donner added she would know how to adapt the character. "Look, she's a goddess and a superhero. How great is that? I think you need to stay close to the myth, but the studio I know wants to make it accessible, i.e., somewhat contemporary. I think there is a way to do it."

The producer said that she would want to cast a young up-and-comer. "I think so, because I'd like it to grow. I think there's a lot of Wonder Woman stories that would be great to tell. I see a couple of them."

What do you think of Robin Williams as The Riddler and Lauren Shuler Donner taking on Wonder Woman?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:43 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'd rather see Robin Williams as the Mad Hatter or some such, look at him as a Kid TV show host in Death to Smoochy to see how disturbed and fun he could be.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I'd rather see Robin Williams as the Mad Hatter or some such, look at him as a Kid TV show host in Death to Smoochy to see how disturbed and fun he could be.

Something tells me Nolan wouldn't use the Mad Hatter. Doubt very many people care about his character anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:51 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

ive given up hope on anyone making a wonderwoman movie

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 am 
Knows his stuff

Quinn wrote:
I'd rather have someone who can act. If this were 1995, I'd want Terry Farrell (Deep Space 9's Dax). But it's not. What about Jessica Biel? Or Angela Lansbury?

Just for fun, I did a Google image search for "angela lansbury wonder woman," and this is the first picture that came up.

Check out Action Figured Out for additional plastic ponderings!
DCUC Wave 15 reviews coming soon!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 am 
Tis' but a pup

Well....Nolan keeps asking me to do it but, I want to keep the costume at the end of filming. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:38 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Wonder Woman Film Gets Writer

by SuperHeroHype

June 06, 2012

With all the excitement yesterday of the potential for a Black Panther movie (which we're hearing is false) and a writer being hired for Justice League, it seems another announcement got lost in all of the squealing and shouting.

Not only did Variety report yesterday about Will Beall being brought on to write the Justice League film, they also mentioned that Green Lantern scribe Michael Goldenberg has been brought on for Wonder Woman.

No word on release dates or casting yet, but stay tuned here as we will bring you any and all updates we have.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:09 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

This DC Comics Film Would Be Bigger Than "Man of Steel"