Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:40 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

http://www.superherohype.com

Shawn Levy to Direct The Flash

Source:The Hollywood Reporter

February 5, 2007

Night at the Museum helmer Shawn Levy will direct Warner Bros. Pictures' The Flash, the big-screen adaptation of the DC Comics speedster hero, says The Hollywood Reporter. Charles Roven and Alex Gartner are producing and Levy may produce as well.

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert, The Flash has the ability to run and move extremely fast, use superhuman reflexes and violate certain laws of physics, like time travel.

David Goyer, who co-wrote Batman Begins for Warners, had been attached to write, direct and produce a screen adaptation. But Goyer quietly left the project several months ago, though it was not until Friday that he announced his departure on his MySpace page.

The trade adds that Levy, who before "Museum" had been known for such comedies as Cheaper by the Dozen and The Pink Panther, has no intention of making "Flash" a comedy but is aiming for a lighter movie than previous Warners comic book adaptations, such as Batman Begins and Superman Returns. Goyer's "Flash" also had been dark-themed.

Levy will oversee the writing of the new draft, and it is believed elements of Goyer's script will be used in the development process.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:48 am 
The Last Word

SDcomics wrote:
Goyer's "Flash" also had been dark-themed.

First I'd heard of that. All the interviews I'd read said exactly the opposite. In fact, his wanting to do a lighter film was the reason he gave for choosing Flash over Green Lantern. Interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

David Dobkin Takes on The Flash

Source: superherohype.com

October 28, 2007

MTV learned on Saturday at the junket for director David Dobkin's Fred Claus that Warner Bros. has signed the helmer for The Flash. Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) and David Goyer ("Blade" films) were previously attached to direct.

Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) says his adaptation won't be the character's first appearance in theaters, with the Flash a major part of George Miller's Justice League movie. Dobkin confirmed that his movie will be set in the same universe as Justice League as a direct spin-off.

He added that the Flash they will use is "Wally West."

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert, The Flash has the ability to run and move extremely fast, use superhuman reflexes and violate certain laws of physics, like time travel.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:59 am 
Prototype

Wonder who the villain or villains in the Flash movie will be? Captain Cold? Mirror Master? Grodd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:33 am 
Displays Backwards

The rumor is that you may see some of the Rogues in the Justice League movie, and that [spoiler]it will focus on and feature both Barry Allen and Wally West[/spoiler].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:08 am 
Prototype

PeterFries wrote:
The rumor is that you may see some of the Rogues in the Justice League movie, and that [spoiler]it will focus on and feature both Barry Allen and Wally West[/spoiler].

AWESOME! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:51 pm 
Cold-cast

man i really used to like the old tv series,hope they get the movie right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:37 pm 
Damage Control

Ryan Reynolds is good for the part. The build is there... he can carry a comedic element to the Flash character. Now hopefully it's not going to shot very traditional as far as comic action movies are. I wish that it would be shot in a different style especially in the matter of the FLASH realm. HOpe the director does a good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:01 am 
The Last Word

I think there's just a competition in the Warner Bros. offices to see how many directors of awful comedies they can get attached to one project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:19 am 
serves the Otter

Caped Crusader wrote:
I think there's just a competition in the Warner Bros. offices to see how many directors of awful comedies they can get attached to one project.

That's...what it sounds like. Maybe they're looking at Jon Favreau and Iron Man and saying, "well if he can do it, these other hacks can do it too..."

Or maybe these directors are better than we think, and they should get a crack at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:28 am 
The Last Word

Quinn wrote:
That's...what it sounds like. Maybe they're looking at Jon Favreau and Iron Man and saying, "well if he can do it, these other hacks can do it too..."

Oh, not even close. All the Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller movies in the world don't add up to one Swingers or Made. The one thing Dobkin has on his résumé that gives me hope is Clay Pigeons, which was a terrific film. He just hasn't done anything worth mentioning since that 1998 title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:31 am 
serves the Otter

I'm just being devil's advocate.

I think you're completely right, and I'm cringing thinking about what Dobkin might do.

The other guy (on the GL movie) seems to have done some quality TV work, but I don't know if that counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:58 am 
The Last Word

Quinn wrote:
The other guy (on the GL movie) seems to have done some quality TV work, but I don't know if that counts.

I just don't know that he has the experience necessary to helm a Green Lantern feature. Writing the script? Maybe. He must have made one hell of a pitch to WB.

And for what it's worth, I think Jon Favreau has a shot at making an excellent Iron Man flick. Not casting Vince Vaughn as Tony Stark, which seemed like both an obvious and excellent choice to me, showed a lot of maturity on his part. I'm more excited about that than I have been about a Marvel film since Blade Trinity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:13 am 
serves the Otter

Yeah, Iron Man looks like it's just about perfect. Even my wife wants to see it. WANTS to. Not "yeah, okay, I'll go with you to that..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:49 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Quinn wrote:
Not "yeah, okay, I'll go with you to that..."

That is my wife's reply to all the comic based movies that ask her to go to also!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next