It is currently Tue May 31, 2016 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Gotham Season 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Gotham’s Harvey Dent Nicholas D’Agosto Upgraded to Series Regular

SuperHeroHype

May 28, 2015

“Gotham” co-star Nicholas D’Agosto has revealed today on Twitter that he has been given an upgrade for the upcoming second season and will appear as a series regular as Harvey Dent.

D’Agosto previously appeared in three episodes of the Batman-inspired series. He joins Morena Baccarin as another promoted series regular for the new season.

“Gotham” is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”), “Gotham” follows one cop’s rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time. The series stars Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena, Andrew Stewart Jones, and John Doman.

“Gotham” airs Mondays on FOX.

Post subject: Re: Gotham Season 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:09 pm 
not exactly street legal

Baccarin's promotion was pretty much a no brainer. She was in practically every episode of the second half of the season anyways.

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor, Ro-Bear Bill.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:44 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

James Frain Joins Gotham as Half of a New Villain Duo

SuperHeroHype

Jun 25, 2015

Deadline brings word that “The Tudors” and “True Blood” star James Frain has joined the cast of “Gotham” as half of a brand new villain duo. Frain will play billionaire industrialist Theo Galavan, whose sister Tabitha, yet to be cast, will go on to become the “Gotham” version of the villain Tigress. The outlet reports the pair will bring chaos and violence with them to the streets of Gotham, which will lead to the creation of other DC villains.

“Gotham” is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”), “Gotham” follows one cop’s rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time. The series stars Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Zabryna Guevara, Cory Michael Smith, Victoria Cartagena, Andrew Stewart Jones, and John Doman.

“Gotham” airs Mondays on FOX.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:23 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Gotham Season Two Premieres on FOX September 21

SuperHeroHype

Jun 25, 2015

The FOX fall schedule has just been revealed and, while you can check the full listing over at ComingSoon.net, we’ve got details here on the return of the network’s hit DC Comics series, “Gotham”.

Following the events of last season, the stakes are higher than ever as the season two explores the origin stories of some of the most ambitious and depraved DC Comics super villains, including The Riddler, The Joker and Mr. Freeze. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) uncovers more secrets from his father’s past, when the season two premiere airs on Monday, Sept. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

“Gotham” will be followed by the series premiere of futuristic crime drama “Minority Report” (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Based on Steven Spielberg’s international blockbuster film and the first of his films to be adapted for television, “Minority Report” follows the partnership between a man (Stark Sands, Inside Llewyn Davis) haunted by the future and a cop (Meagan Good, Think Like A Man franchise, “Californication”) haunted by her past, as they race to stop the worst crimes before they happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jessica Lucas Joins Gotham Season Two as Tigress

SuperHeroHype

Jun 26, 2015

Following yesterday’s reveal that James Frain had joined the cast of “Gotham” as half of a brand new villain duo, TV Line brings word that the other half has been cast in the form of Jessica Lucas (Cloverfield, Evil Dead). Lucas will take on the role of Tabitha Galavan, the “Gotham” version of the DC villain Tigress. Together, she and her brother will bring chaos and violence to streets of Gotham, which will lead to the creation of other DC villains.

There have been a few different versions of the character Tigress, one such example going all the way back to the Golden Age of comics where she made her debut in Action Comics #1, the same debut as Superman. Other versions have come along since then, the second Tigress Paula Brooks even starting out as a hero before transitioning into a villain.

“Gotham” airs Mondays on FOX with season two set to premiere on September 21.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Michael Chiklis Heads to Gotham

SuperHeroHype

Jul 21, 2015

On the heels of last week’s news that FOX’s “Gotham” has added “The Goldbergs” star Natalie Alyn Lind as Silver St. Cloud comes another major casting announcement as TV Line reports that Michael Chiklis is set to play a Gotham City Police Department Captain by the name of Nathaniel Barnes.

“[Barnes] lands on the GCPD like a tornado,” “Gotham’s” producers tell the outlet, “ripping out the dead wood of Gotham’s police force. He is a law and order zealot; unafraid of making enemies – on either side of the law. For Gordon, Barnes is a hero and a mentor, someone with whom he can share the burden of heroism. Captain Barnes proves himself to be a strong ally to Gordon… but one day he will make an equally powerful enemy.”

Chiklis is no stranger to police officers, having headlined the critically acclaimed FX series “The Shield”. He’s also no stranger to comic book adaptations, starring in both of Tim Story’s Fantastic Four films as Ben Grimm, The Thing.

“Gotham” will return to FOX on Monday, September 21.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Photos and Poster for Gotham Season Two Released

SuperHeroHype

Aug 05, 2015

FOX (via THR) has released the first official photos for “Gotham” Season Two featuring new stars James Frain and Jessica Lucas as villains Theo and Tabitha Galvan. In addition, a brand-new piece of key art and a poster for the series have been released, bearing a striking resemblance to a certain flying mammal that is known to hang upside down. Check them out below!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:36 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:51 am 
not exactly street legal

Gotham "Rise Of The Villains, Part 1: Damned If You Do..."
Spoiler: show
That was such a mess. An absolute trainwreck. I am actually quite a bit appalled.

Every action every character took was logically inconsistant. Alfred will NOT help Master Bruce build a bomb! So, here's how you build a bomb. Gordon wants help from Penguin. I will NOT take your help! Jim, Lee tried to kill me! Hey, Lee! It's Barb! I'm calling you to tell Jim I'm a liar because he can hear the answering machine in the same room I just called him! It's not just that the characters are dumb or crazy. It's that they make absolutely no freaking sense.

That whip scene at the end was just depravity and shows exactly why this show sucks so much. They presented that scene to the audience as if something awesome was happening when any other sane show would try to be getting the viewer appalled. This show wants to get the viewer off on the sick stuff. Did I mention this is Batman?

So apparently, Batman's advice to Jim Gordon is collect a debt for the freaking Penguin. Why is Jim even telling a 13 year old kid the inner workings of his office politics? If I were Jim, I'd be thinking Bruce has enough to be worried about without being pulled into Gordon's gravtational pull of suck. It's one thing for Bruce to act like an adult. The other adults shouldn't be TREATING him like one.

I admit I liked the scene with Penguin at Loeb's place, where he is always just a hair-trigger away from killing Loeb because Loeb would supposedly rather be dead than consider the alternative. The Penguin was absolutely rubbing Loeb's face in how b.s. that meme was and I liked that. I also like Thomas' letter to Bruce, although it got a little weirdly specific by the end. I don't ever picture a dying father writing those last few sentences to his son for any reason. This show does NOT do believable human behavior.

Looks in scorn at Barb's direction. She's a supervillain now? This show doesn't think much of me and I'm kind of tired of this show repeatedly screaming this in my face. jingle.

Bullock is sober? I was never even aware he was an alcoholic. Story fail.

This season is gonna suck. 0.

ThunderCats Wish List: Mumm-Ra (Everliving), Tygra, Cheetara, Slithe, Monkian, Vultureman, WilyKit, WilyKat, Snarf, Jaga, Bengali, Lynx-O, Hachiman, Ratar-O, Grune, Snowman, Hammerhand, Ram-Bam, Tuska Warrior, Ma-Mutt, Safari Joe, Mongor, Ro-Bear Bill.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:36 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

I knew after the opening scene of the first episode of season one that this show was going to insult my intelligence. After that review, I'm so glad I haven't wasted one more minute of my time on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

shishalzafrazz wrote:
I knew after the opening scene of the first episode of season one that this show was going to insult my intelligence. After that review, I'm so glad I haven't wasted one more minute of my time on it.

That's exactly why I got off the fail train. Gotham sucked huge last season, I have no interest in ever seeing another episode.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:28 am 
not exactly street legal

Don't worry, guys. I'll keep watching this trainwreck so you don't have to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Fone, you are a glutton for punishment!