It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Jurassic World
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Neill Not Involved with Jurassic Park 4

Source: comingsoon.net

March 8, 2007

Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III star Sam Neill tells the LA Daily News that he's not involved with Jurassic Park 4.

"I know nothing about it. I haven't heard from anyone," says the actor, who played Dr. Alan Grant in the films. He adds that any reports that say he is attached to star are false.

The last news about the Universal sequel was that Joe Johnston would return to direct the film, written by The Departed screenwriter William Monahan. Johnston helmed the third installment of the franchise.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:12 am 
An Insider

more JP is 8) in my book

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:55 am 
buzz word garbage hater

The only way this will be good is if more people eat it.

In Jurassic Park 3, they were on an island FULL of THE MOST DANGEROUS DINOSAURS and only like 3 people died.

LAME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:07 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The last storyline I read about for #4 was something about genetically altered dinos that were humanoid and being sent to hunt (as with guns and missiles and the like) "normal" dinos... Could be good, goofy fun or the biggest pile of crap -- not much chance for middle ground if that's the way they go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:03 am 
buzz word garbage hater

If some of the humanoid dinosaurs are also ninjas, and one is played by Jet Li, this could possibly be the greatest movie ever made.

Especially if the only way to stop the humanoid dinosaurs is with some sort of giant robot that also turns into a jet fighter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:05 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Who sez he has to transform?

:D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:35 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

While I have great love for Jet Jaguar, I prefer my Jet-Li/Mutant/Dinosaur Fighting Robots to be transforming.

Additionally, to make this film even better, the opening credits need to play to "Hair of The Dog" by Nazareth. A song that most probably should be used in every movie and has teh ability to make pretty much anything cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Laura Dern Talks Jurassic Park 4

April 6, 2007

Year of the Dog star Laura Dern told Collider.com that Jurassic Park 4 is moving forward and that her character, Ellie Sattler, will be back.

Dern said she received a phone call from Steven Spielberg. "I'm told it's happening and I'm told they're calling me. I'm told that Ellie Sattler is involved in it."

Asked if she would be interested in returning to the role, Dern said "it's hard to say no to [Spielberg] cause he's always got something totally genius up his sleeve so we'll see what they have in mind. But I don't know anything about it at this point."

Dern revealed that they are thinking about starting the fourth installment within the year for a possible 2008 release.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Johnston Not Directing JP4

One ride in the park was enough.

April 12, 2007 - Director Joe Johnston did a solid job directing the third Jurassic Park film for Steven Spielberg, and his name has been oft-suggested in connection with JP4, which is expected to begin shooting this year. In past interviews with the press, producers Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg have both suggested the director's seat would be his if he wanted it.

Johnston's agents, however, deny any involvement with the upcoming action-adventure sequel. According to MTV.com, he is definitely not directing, which leaves the field wide open for another to take the reigns.

There's little to do other than speculate at the moment. Laura Dern, who is reprising her archaeologist character in the film, suggested unorthodox filmmaker David Lynch for the job — a rather unlikely choice. Another possibility we've written about before would be Alex Proyas of Dark City and I, Robot fame.

If Jurassic Park IV stays on track, we can expect some kind of announcement in the coming months. Stay tuned!

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:49 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Dern Still Down for Jurassic Park 4

Source:shocktillyoudrop.com

May 18, 2008

Jurassic Park 4, where are you? How many times must we hear your name on the Universal Studios backlot tour accompanied with the words, spoken by a grinning tram tour guide, "...which is in development and shooting soon!"

Every couple of months or so, talk of a fourth outing is kicked up. And last summer was certainly a healthy time for prehistoric reports which stated Laura Dern would return in a meatier role (larger than her turn in part three). The actress, who plays Dr. Ellie Sattler in the series, recently gave TV Guide Magazine an update...

"It's a while away but my understanding is it's happening and my character is very involved. I know [director] Steven Spielberg is looking forward to [getting it together] over the next year."

Sam Neill is not expected to appear in the next film.

Mike
( 8) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Johnston Talks Captain America, Jurassic Park 4

Source:comingsoon.net

January 13, 2010

Boxoffice Magazine has posted some new comments from The Wolfman director Joe Johnston about his next film, The First Avenger: Captain America, and the possibility of a Jurassic Park 4.

He said the following about Jurassic Park 4:

Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three—it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.

You can read more here and the site will be posting the full interview soon.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject: Re: Jurassic Park 4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:32 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Debunked: Jurassic Park 4 Not Shooting at Universal

January 9, 2011

A few photos of what appears to be the "Daily Shooting Schedule" production board on the Universal Studios lot have made their way online today. The board lists Jurassic Park 4 as shooting on stages "7, 10, 12, 14" and sites are speculating whether that's the case.

While we'd love for that to be true, we checked in with Universal Pictures who tell us there is no truth to this. We're not sure how that listing made it onto the board, though we would suspect it was done as a joke by someone.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:30 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Neill Thinks Jurassic Park is "Done"

Source: ShockTillYouDrop

May 23, 2011

In this day and age where Hollywood is reliant more than ever on remakes and reboots you can never say never. But one man, Sam Neill, thinks the Jurassic Park series has run its course.

In talking with MTV, the actor - who played Alan Grant in the series - said, "I think we've told the story. I think it's done," he said, "Stan Winston who made those beautiful dinosaurs died. So, no Stan, no 'Jurassic Park' really...[and author Michael] Crichton died too."

This isn't the first time someone has referred to Crichton's death is a telling sign the series should not move on. Producers Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy said the same thing in 2008.

That hasn't stopped the rumors of a fourth entry from carrying on...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Spielberg and Protosevich Meeting for Possible Jurassic Park 4

Source: ComingSoon

June 15, 2011

It's been 10 years since the last "Jurassic Park" movie hit theaters, but Steven Spielberg and screenwriter Mark Protosevich are now brainstorming a Jurassic Park 4, reports Heat Vision.

Spielberg, who directed the first two films and was an executive producer on the third, has met Protosevich twice to think of a story for a potential fourth film in the franchise, the trade says.

Universal Pictures, which released the trilogy, and Spielberg's representatives are saying that a writer has not been hired and that the discussions have been "purely exploratory."

Based on the late Michael Crichton's books, the first "Jurassic Park" film earned $915 million worldwide, the second $619 million, and the third dropped down to $369 million.

Protosevich's story and screenwriting credits include Thor, I Am Legend, Poseidon and The Cell.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Familiar Jurassic Park 4 Chatter from Joe Johnston

Source: ComingSoon

July 17, 2011

Last month, "Jurassic Park" fans seeking a fourth film saw a glimmer of hope when it was revealed that Steven Spielberg was discussing story options with screenwriter Mark Protosevich.

The director of the third film, Joe Johnston (Captain America, The Wolfman), did a bit of gabbing himself about the sequel. He tells Screen Rant: "We are in discussions about 'Jurassic Park 4.' The most important thing I can tell you is that it starts a new trilogy that will go off in a different direction — a completely different direction that is very exciting, and different from anything we've seen. It starts with the history of the first trilogy, but it spins it off in a completely different direction. That's all I can tell you."

None of this is new, mind you. Joe said the same thing back in 2010 right here AND in 2009 right here. So, how close is Johnston to Jurassic Park 4? You have to wonder, especially with Spielberg and Protosevich off having their own discussions.