Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:54 am 
buzz word garbage hater

Celtics-Unlimited wrote:
Oh great!... Not another Superman movie... Can't WB/DC make other movies outside of Supes and Bats? ... :evil:

You didn't seriously think they'd stop making Superman movies, did you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:43 am 
5" Scale

John Jones wrote:
I just think Darkseid would be better suited for the JLA movie, if at all. :)

Good call. While there'd always be something nostalgic about Starro being the threat that brings the League together, somehow I doubt that'd translate well to film. :D (Or be taken at all seriously by the general public.)

Darkseid & co., on the other hand, would be a great foe to cause the formation of the JLA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:56 am 
The Last Word

Bloody Thumb wrote:
Moe then Likley though i expect Bizarro over Braniac.

You think Routh would portray him? I'm not sure how well that would play. :?

John Jones wrote:
It's just to early for a Darkseid appearance yet and I doubt it would come out that good.

Personally, I wouldn't want Darkseid without a New Gods backstory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From Comics2Film.com:

Superman starts shooting in March 2008

According to Robert Meyer Burnett, producer and director of the behind the scenes material for Superman Returns, they're already working on the sequel: "Bryan, Brandon and the whole merry bunch will be coming back...and filming will probably begin March, 2008, as was always planned from the beginning. The WWII film Bryan plans to shoot over the summer will have NO EFFECT whatsoever on the Superman sequel schedule."

Mike
( 8) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:47 am 
Displays Backwards

SDcomics wrote:
From Comics2Film.com:

Superman starts shooting in March 2008

According to Robert Meyer Burnett, producer and director of the behind the scenes material for Superman Returns, they're already working on the sequel: "Bryan, Brandon and the whole merry bunch will be coming back...and filming will probably begin March, 2008, as was always planned from the beginning. The WWII film Bryan plans to shoot over the summer will have NO EFFECT whatsoever on the Superman sequel schedule."

Mike
( 8) )

If you'd rather read it from the horse's mouth, here's Burnett's post on Blue Tights Network, which is part of his thread answering questions about his "Requiem for Krypton" documentary that was on the collector's edition of the Superman Returns DVD.

He further elaborated by saying, "Bryan has ALREADY signed his deal to direct the sequel. I know this, because I videotaped him doing so."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:45 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From the Superman Homepage:

March 21, 2007: Superman Movie Sequel Villain Rumors

With all the news and rumors surrounding the sequel to Superman Returns lately, another rumor has come to hand regarding possible ideas being discussed for the movie.

As is the way with rumors, these come from someone who knows someone who supposedly works at Warner Bros., and should therefore be taken with a grain of salt...

The script has not yet been written, but discussions are being bounced around in regards to the major villains being Metallo and Brainiac.

Apparently the "Bank Gunner" from Superman Returns (the guy who shot Superman in the eye) will be the man who becomes/gets turned in to Metallo. It's unknown if he'll be referred to as John Corben or not.

The rumor goes on to state that Metallo does something pretty major in his huge battle with Superman which catches the attention of an alien orb in space (aka Brainiac), directing its attention towards Earth.

Again, these are unsubstantiated rumors and should be taken as nothing more at this point in time.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Saint on the Superman Returns Sequel

Source: superherohype.com

April 18, 2007

Superman Homepage reports that Eva Marie Saint said this weekend that she will return as Martha Kent in the Superman Returns sequel:

Ms. Saint revealed that she is indeed signed on for the Superman Returns sequel, but does not know who the main villain will be. There have only been limited talks about what Martha Kent will be doing in the sequel, although she believes that it may involve Ma Kent meeting Lois and Jason.

Visit the link above for more on this.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Peters Talks Superman Sequel

The producer on the Man of Steel's next movie.

May 1, 2007 - Jon Peters spent over a decade developing what would become Superman Returns, directed by Bryan Singer, and now the producer has given an update about what's happening with the sequel.

"Right now, Bryan Singer is working on the story, and hopefully, that will be a script by the end of the year. And hopefully, we'll be in preproduction by, say, January or February of next year," Peters informed The Hollywood Reporter.

He added, "Superman Returns was an amazing effort. You're talking about a story that's been made before; you're talking about the fact that we had to re-explore his youth, his origin. And now, the second movie allows us to go do things that people haven't seen before."

Calling Singer "the best director I've ever worked with," Peters said that Singer "comes up with things that blow my mind. What he did with Superman -- and I worked on that, obviously, through various different directors over 12 years -- is that he came up with a take that brought heart to it. It created a love story; it created a dynamic with the little boy -- things he saw that a lot of us didn't see. I saw a lot of the action. I saw the otherworldly stuff. But I didn't see what he saw, which allows you to get to the otherworldly things."

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Singer and Harris on Superman Sequel

May 12, 2007

Collider got a chance to talk to Bryan Singer and the writers about the Superman Returns sequel. Dan Harris dropped an interesting quote, saying "Superman is only as good as his villains."

You can watch the videos here!

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Castro Street to Hold Up Superman Sequel?

July 2, 2007

Rotten Tomatoes reports that Bryan Singer will likely direct The Mayor of Castro Street after Valkyrie, which would push back the Superman Returns sequel:

"Bryan Singer had previously told us that the "Superman Returns" sequel "Superman: The Man of Steel" would be his next film after "Valkyrie." His producers tell another story. Neil Meron and Craig Zadan have Singer lined up to direct "The Mayor of Castro Street," a story of gay rights activist Harvey Milk, within a year.

"The next Superman, that's a ways off," claimed Meron, with Zadan adding. "Don't worry about it. Trust me. We may even start preproduction on Harvey Milk while he's on post production on the Tom Cruise movie."

Visit the link above for more of the interview.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:39 am 
Knows his stuff

There goes the Justice League of America movie... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:33 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

After reading that last article, Im going to refrain from making some mean observations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:37 pm 
Prototype

Celtics-Unlimited wrote:
There goes the Justice League of America movie... :(

Yeah. Just when I got my hopes up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 am 
An Insider

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:25 am 
The Last Word

DrGreenEvil wrote:
After reading that last article, Im going to refrain from making some mean observations.

A gentleman and a scholar.

The Mayor of Castro Street is a story that needs to be told to larger audiences. The Prestige was incredible, and certainly worth the delay on a Batman Begins sequel. If Singer can deliver on a Harvey Milk bio, I can wait patiently for another Superflick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next