Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:30 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Russell Crowe to Play Jor-El in Man of Steel!

by SuperHeroHype

Jun 15th, 2011

Russell Crowe will play Superman's biological father Jor-El in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, reports Variety.

He will be joining Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon and Antje Traue in the new film, coming to theaters in late 2012.

Christopher Nolan, Charles Roven, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder are producing the anticipated film, which is expected to start shooting next month.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:18 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I think the bigger question now is ...

Which Superman are we getting? Will it be a traditionally recognizable version? Based on the the DCU relaunch? Some sort of "real world" approximation? Smallville-ish?

Knowing Nolan, I'm tending to think it will be some combination of all of them, but without script and style details, I just don't know... :?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I think the bigger question now is ...

Which Superman are we getting? Will it be a traditionally recognizable version? Based on the the DCU relaunch? Some sort of "real world" approximation? Smallville-ish?

Knowing Nolan, I'm tending to think it will be some combination of all of them, but without script and style details, I just don't know... :?

I really hope this is a Superman version of Batman Begins. I think it's pretty clear we're getting an origin story, but at the same time I hope it is told in flash backs like in Begins, and that the present day is the bulk of the movie. As far as the design/look of the movie, the suit is such a deal beaker for this character it can't be messed up. The key elements with the suit must be...

1. That it looks like he could wear it under his regular clothes (even though we know it wouldn't work, the suit still needs to be smooth enough to sell that illusion, so no high collars bulky boots or armour).

2. The colours need to pop, so no rusty brown cape and turquoise blue, but a strong, bold red, blue and yellow.

3. I think that despite the mickey taking, pretty much everyone who recognises Superman expects and allows for the red briefs outside the blue pants. I think without them there's no point in a belt, and if the briefs and belt are gone, it's one big lump of unbroken blue your looking at, so visually they work, even if practically their a daft remnant of the old days of superhero costumes.

I really want this movie to work, it needs to or it'll be years before we ever see anything other than Batman on a movie screen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Julia Ormond Up for Man of Steel

By SuperHeroHype

Jun 23rd, 2011

Zack Snyder may have cast another important piece of the Superman mythos. Deadline is reporting that Julia Ormond has been offered the role of Lara, Kal-El's birth mother, in the upcoming Man of Steel.

Ormond is best known for appearances in films like Legends of the Fall and, more recently, Steven Soderbergh's Che and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. She would likely appear opposite Russell Crowe, who was recently offered the part of Jor-El, Superman's Kryptonian father.

On the Earth side of things, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane are confirmed as Superman's adopted parents with Henry Cavill playing the title role. Amy Adams, meanwhile, will play Lois Lane with Michael Shannon and Antje Traue portraying the criminal villains, Zod and Faora, respectively.

Man of Steel is expected to begin shooting shortly with a release targeted for December, 2012.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:28 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Meloni Up For Man of Steel

By SuperHeroHype

Jun 25th, 2011

Following the news yesterday that Julia Ormond might be joining the cast of Zach Snyder's Man of Steel comes word, also via Deadline that Christopher Meloni is up for a part as well.

Meloni, best known for appearing on "Law and Order: SVU", is said to be in negotiations to join the cast in an undisclosed role. He would appear alongside Henry Cavill as the title hero, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue portraying the criminal villains, Zod and Faora, respectively. Ormond and Russell Crowe are both rumored to play Superman's Kryptonian parents, Jor-El and Lara.

Man of Steel is expected to begin shooting shortly with a release targeted for December, 2012.

Read more about: Superman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

SDcomics wrote:
Christopher Meloni Up For Man of Steel

By SuperHeroHype

Jun 25th, 2011

Following the news yesterday that Julia Ormond might be joining the cast of Zach Snyder's Man of Steel comes word, also via Deadline that Christopher Meloni is up for a part as well.

Meloni, best known for appearing on "Law and Order: SVU", is said to be in negotiations to join the cast in an undisclosed role. He would appear alongside Henry Cavill as the title hero, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue portraying the criminal villains, Zod and Faora, respectively. Ormond and Russell Crowe are both rumored to play Superman's Kryptonian parents, Jor-El and Lara.
]

Anyone else thinking Luthor??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:20 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

More on Meloni's Man of Steel Role

By SuperHeroHype

Jun 26th, 2011

News spread quickly yesterday that Christopher Meloni ("Law & Order: SVU") had joined the cast of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel in an undisclosed role. Many fans thought he may be playing Lex Luthor, but the actor has now revealed a bit more to Vulture:

"When Vulture caught up with the now ex–Law & Order: SVU star at the Public Theater Gala earlier this week, he told us he'd be instead playing a general in the movie. But when we pressed for more information about the role, he said, "I can't tell you, or I'd have to kill you." We did manage to learn that he starts filming at the end of August and he'll shoot his part over the course of five months in locations including Chicago, Vancouver, and Edwards Air Force Base."

He'll be joining Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue and possibly Russell Crowe and Julia Ormond in the anticipated movie, scheduled for a December 2012 release.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

More on the Illinois Filming for Man of Steel

By SuperHeroHype

Jul 5th, 2011

Following up on this article on the filming of Zack Snyder's new Superman movie Man of Steel in Plano, Illinois, the Yorkville Patch reports that filming could also be taking place just down the road there. Here's a clip:

Superman representatives have picked up a film permit application from Yorkville officials as construction on sets in Plano continues rapidly.

Yorkville Mayor Gary Golinski confirmed the application request but said he was unsure if the production would ultimately film in Yorkville, perhaps in Chapel on the Green.

Meanwhile, the public is welcome to walk along Main Street in Plano as crews build sets near the city’s depot.

You can view some photos of the sets being built in Plano here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Man of Steel Set Photos

By SuperHeroHype

Jul 6th, 2011

Set construction is now underway for Zack Snyder's soon-to-shoot Superman reboot, Man of Steel. Today, Superman Homepage offers a first look at what is said to be some of the newly-built sets at the film's Plano, Illinois location.

Likely doubling for Clark Kent's hometown of Smallville, the rural architecture has been constructed with what appears to be built-in damage, indicating that we could see a small-town show of force somewhere in the story.

Starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Julia Ormond and Christopher Meloni , Man of Steel is currently targeted for release in December 2012.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Cool, I love to see pics like this, it really helps reinforce that this movie is actually going ahead. In the past there have been so many false starts for Superman movies, and as much as I like Brandon Routh in Superman Returns, he wasn't given much more to do that mimic the same beats that Chris Reeve had done.

I know the film was meant to be a continuation of the first two Superman films, but it relied too much on previous plot points and the thing that really killed it for me was the look of the film. The whole thing had a muted wash put on it that made the suit the wrong colours and also the scenery.

But this new movie promises to be the Batman Begins for Superman movies, and we all know how great the current Bat films have turned out, so theres a lot to look forward to with this. Just give us a proper red and blue suit, (hopefully classic in design, and not based off the new comics reboot) and it should be awesome!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:08 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Harry Lennix Joins Man of Steel

By SuperHeroHype

Jul 8th, 2011

Another actor has joined the cast of Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman reboot, Man of Steel. Variety reports that Harry Lennix has signed on to play a character named General Swanwick.

Lennix, best known for appearing on "Dollhouse" and for his role as Lock in the two sequels to The Matrix, will appear alongside Henry Cavill as the title hero, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon and Antje Traue as the villains, Zod and Faora, Julia Ormond and Russell Crowe as Superman's Kryptonian parents, Jor-El and Lara and Christopher Meloni in an unspecified role as a military officer.

The character of Swanwick does not appear to be based on any existing DC Comics character, but check back soon as that could change as more details develop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:27 am 
proverbial old fart

Every time I see another "name" actor added to the credits, I fumble even faster with my worry beads...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Man of Steel Gets New Writer

Scribe coming through in the clutch for WB and Co.

July 18, 2011

Man of Steel, the impending revision of the Superman film franchise that hopes to catapult the man who's faster than a speeding bullet up to the superstar status of his DC brethren Batman, has received another setback in the form of David Goyer being unable to make a few rewrites to his script. The fastest solution lies in the hands of writer Kurt Johnstad.

Moviehole has the exclusive on these developments, citing that Goyer has become entangled in the new upcoming Godzilla project, and thus Warner Bros. and director Zack Snyder had to take an alternative path to getting the thing rewritten in places. Their tipster claims that Johnstad was chosen by a fairly easy decision, given his instrumental work with Snyder in the past on 300, the mega-hit that put Snyder on the map.

Stay tuned to IGN Movies for more information about this and other upcoming releases!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

More Man of Steel Set Photos

By SuperHeroHype

July 19, 2011

A closer look at the Plano, IL set construction

As first revealed earlier this month, set construction is currently underway for Zack Snyder's soon-to-shoot Superman reboot, Man of Steel. Now, thanks to reader 'Dr. P.', we've got a closer look some of the apparently "battle-damaged" scenery going up in Plano, Illinois.

Possibly doubling for Clark Kent's hometown of Smallville, the rural architecture has been constructed with what appears to be built-in damage, indicating that we could see a small-town show of force somewhere in the story.

Starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Julia Ormond and Christopher Meloni , Man of Steel is currently targeted for release in December 2012.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:31 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

DC Comics Wins Dispute Over ManofSteel.com

By SuperHeroHype

July 20, 2011

Likely will be the official site's URL

Fusible.com reports that a single-member Panel of the National Arbitration Forum ruled that the ManofSteel.com domain name be transferred from its current owner to DC Comics who had filed a domain dispute in late June. It is likely where the official site for director Zack Snyder's Superman movie Man of Steel will now reside. The site says:

The panelist, James A. Carmody, Esq., said that manofsteel.com is identical to DC Comics’ trademarks — ”MAN OF STEEL” (registered in 1999) and THE MAN OF STEEL (registered in 1987). The panelist also found that because the domain name resolved to a website which displayed links and advertisements, that the respondent’s use of the domain name was neither a bona fide offering of goods or services, nor a legitimate noncommercial or fair use. The panelist also found that registration and use of manofsteel.com demonstrated bad faith. The respondent in the dispute, Coni c/o LBR Enterprises, failed to submit a response.

You can read the full decision by clicking here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 41  Next