Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 am 
serves the Otter

Some questions/comments:

1) Is it possible that they would move ahead with a Justice League movie BEFORE "Man of Steel"? Seems like they'd be able to do it after "Dark Knight" and before the next Superman flick. Storywise, there's nothing about "Superman Returns" that would interrupt that flow.

2) Bryan Singer's doing "Mayor of Castro Street" next, but that may just be a six month commitment--I'm assuming it's a movie with much less post production, publicity work, etc. than a Superman movie. So yeah, it's a delay--but maybe not as significant as we imagine.

3) Would we want to see a different director take the reins from Singer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:08 am 
buzz word garbage hater

Answer to '3' is NO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:51 am 
Displays Backwards

1. I'll be frankly shocked if a Justice League movie ever happened at all, never mind on any kind of fast schedule. It took about a dozen years to get Superman Returns and Batman Begins off the ground.

2. The "news" about the Milk biopic is only that the producers who have been trying to get the movie for years with different directors attached really really want Singer to make that movie ASAP. I don't see that it affects or means much of anything.

3. No, I'd rather see no sequel than one with another creative team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:21 pm 
Prototype

Peter, I think a Justice League movie will happen in the future, just not as soon as we'd want it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:51 pm 
Displays Backwards

Yeah, maybe so; just not in the near future, I'm guessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:52 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mayor Not Pushing Back Superman Sequel

Source: superherohype.com

July 7, 2007

Earlier this month, it was reported that The Mayor of Castro Street producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan said their Bryan Singer-directed film on gay rights activist Harvey Milk would be shot after Singer finishes filming Valkyrie. Not so fast, say the folks working on the Superman Returns sequel.

"That's total horse sh*t," said a source within Singer's camp for IESB.net. "I would say the same thing if I was producing that film but don't you realize that most of the 'Superman' producers are working with Bryan on 'Valkyrie'? Gil Adler and Chris Lee both are in Germany with Bryan and I can guarantee you that there is some work being done with 'Superman' right now."

The current plan is to start shooting the Superman Returns sequel by the summer of 2008.

Mike
(Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:36 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

I would love to see them do Bizarro. But most of all I think Darkseid would kaick ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:59 am 
Collector Inspector

I think it's high time we see John Malkovich as Brainiac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:00 am 
Displays Backwards

shishalzafrazz wrote:
I think it's high time we see John Malkovich as Brainiac.

He'd probably come cheap, too, after he destroyed his career with that "performance" in Eragon. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:08 am 
Prototype

I hope that Bizarro or Metallo is in this film. It's about time they show up in a live action Superman movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 am 
5th Horseman

I read on superherohype that Lex is back!?!?!? His version of Lex was my biggest problem. He should've been more faithful to the comics and made him a bigtime business mogul in weapons technology.

I'm hoping for Braniac, and actually trying to write a synopsis of what I think the enxt flick should be. Lots of action, cool monster fight in the beginning and eventually Braniac hacking the air force and all out warfare with big blue saving the day.

No more useless bank robbery scenes. Maybe WB will listen to me 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

My ideal Lex would be physically imposing as well as being cunning and brilliant. In my mind-part of Lex's motivations is that in a world without Superman--Lex Luthor is Superman! Amongst normal men he is the ultimate--the richest, smartest and strongest. He's the captain of the football team and the chess team, dates the head cheerleader and cheats on her, and he doesnt care who knows it. He is better than you, and he will never let you forget it.

And if you were better than him in any category he did what he could to eliminate you as competition. And he did it enough so that he IS the strongest, richest, most powerful man on the planet. Then along comes this damn alien, who fools everyone into accepting him as human, and now he is the paragon, when it should be Lex that we all aspire to be.

So Spacey doesnt fit that bill (which admittedly is my criteria and not these filmmakers), so he doesnt work for me. But I guess Singer has a special place in his heart for Verbal Kent.

I wish I could say I had high hopes for this one. What can we look forward to? More Kate Bosworth? Really she is a hard nosed, Pulitzer Prize winning journalist? More Superbaby? No thank you. More Kal Penn and Parker Posey being woefully underutilized? More get rich-quick-by-creating-real-estate schemes from Lex (yeah that was cool the first time I saw that--in Superman I). Gah!

Welcome back Kevin Spacey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:10 am 
serves the Otter

My biggest problem with all of the movie Lex's we've seen so far is how he surrounds himself with bungling idiots. Whether it's Otis or Miss Tessmacher or Kitty Kowalski or whoever...the "real" Lex we know and love should be smarter than that.

Spacey's Lex had more going for him than Hackman's Lex, but he's nowhere near the level of the Lex in my sick, demented heart (S:TAS, JL, JLU, even Challenge of the Superfriends).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:13 am 
Prototype

I'm tired of seeing Lex in every single Superman movie. What about Darkseid, Brainiac, Metallo, Bizarro or Parasite? They would all be awesome choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:29 am 
The Last Word

PeterFries wrote:
He'd probably come cheap, too, after he destroyed his career with that "performance" in Eragon. :P

What career? He was as bad in that as every other role he's ever had. :lol:

Arsenio3 wrote:
But I guess Singer has a special place in his heart for Verbal Kent.

More likely a ton of respect for a tremendously talented actor, one with whom he already had a professional history. Most of the best filmmakers are loyal to good performers.

And Darkseid is not a Superman villain. Darkseid in a film without a New Gods backstory would be dreadful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41  Next