Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:03 am 
proverbial old fart

Hum... Superman uses Vitalis on his hair... Do any of you even know/remember Vitalis or am I showing my age?

Considering the way the photo is washed out, I can't honestly tell what shade of blue and what shade of red the costume is.

So little of the boots are visible that I can't really say anything about them one way or the other, but then I'm getting old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be!

It looks to me as though the costume is made of rubber what with the scales and the chevrons on the cuffs. Superman in rubber?!? I thought he only wore that when he and Lois were alone...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I don't remember Vitalis but I don recall there always being a tube of Bryll Cream in the Medicine cabinet.

Why a whole tube I don't know, everyone knows that a li'l dab'll do ya... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:55 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I does look like Supes has an inordinate amount of haircare products on. I'll reserve my judgement of the costume for when I get a better pic.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Richard Schiff Joins Man of Steel as Emil Hamilton

by SuperHeroHype

January 09, 2012

A late addition to the cast, Richard Schiff ("The West Wing") has joined Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, Man of Steel. Variety reports that Schiff will play "Doctor Hamilton", almost certainly the Professor Emil Hamilton of the comics.

First appearing in "Adventures of Superman" #424 in 1987, Emil Hamilton has been portrayed as both an enemy and ally of Superman over the years. A scientific expert, Hamilton is often connected to S.T.A.R. Labs, a top-secret government research and development laboratory.

In recent years, Hamilton has been written as a villain in the comic book series, forming the alternate identity "Ruin" and setting out to destroy Clark Kent's life.

Hamilton was a regular on the "Superman: The Animated Series" television show where he was voiced by Victor Brandt. More recently, he appeared on "Smallville", played by Alessandro Juliani. Earlier in the series there was also a Dr. Steven Hamilton (played by Joe Morton) who is believed to have been inspired by the same character.

Now filming, Man of Steel's cast also includes Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix and Laurence Fishburne. It is targeting a June 14, 2013 release.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Truck Featured in New Man of Steel Set Photo

by SuperHeroHype

January 12, 2012

Thanks to 'itsleroy' from the SuperHeroHype Forums, here is a new photo from the set of Zack Snyder's Superman movie Man of Steel.

In related news, I Am Rogue talked to Richard Schiff about joining the cast as Emil Hamilton. Here are a couple of excerpts:

I’ve already started shooting. I go back again this weekend and shoot for another couple of weeks and then will go elsewhere. So I’ve gotten my feet wet and have worked with Amy Adams, Chris Meloni and a few others. I’ve gotten to know Zack and he is fantastic. That guy is just an upbeat happy guy.

Dr. Hamilton came along very late, didn’t he? So I don’t even know if I would be able to find those (comic books). Can you find those online? I don’t know? So not so much, I mean I did some research into who he was and who people interpret him to be. Obviously he has had incarnations on a number of different mediums, on TV and in animation. They always get interpreted differently so you have to go with what the script has to offer and I’ve been very intrigued but what they’ve written. I wouldn’t impose some outside idea on what Zack and the writers want to do with this. But it is fun to know all the various incarnations that he’s had. Obviously he’s been evil in some incarnations, and friendly in other incarnations, and a combination of both in yet other incarnations, so that is fun to have in your mind when you are playing him. But the script goes in certain directions and that is what I will follow.

You can check out the full interview at the link above. Man of Steel opens in theaters on June 14, 2013 and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix and Laurence Fishburne.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 am 
proverbial old fart

All these "almost" photos. Are they supposed to be building interest? Are they working?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:24 am 
Wonderdog

YES...

Webslinger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:34 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Glenn2000 wrote:
Hum... Superman uses Vitalis on his hair... Do any of you even know/remember Vitalis or am I showing my age?

Considering the way the photo is washed out, I can't honestly tell what shade of blue and what shade of red the costume is.

So little of the boots are visible that I can't really say anything about them one way or the other, but then I'm getting old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be!

It looks to me as though the costume is made of rubber what with the scales and the chevrons on the cuffs. Superman in rubber?!? I thought he only wore that when he and Lois were alone...

I Just saw this...my grandpa used Vitalis. It has a unique smell to it. He passed away a few years ago, but I have a customer who comes into the office once a month, and I immediately think of my grandpa because he wears vitalis too.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Man of Steel Casts a Young Lana Lang

by SuperHeroHype

January 23, 2012

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel has added another famous character from the Superman mythos to the production, albeit in a younger form than fans might have been expecting. Superman Super Site confirms today that 13-year-old Jadin Gould will play a young Lana Lang in a flashback scene to Clark Kent's Smallville childhood.

First appearing in 1950's Superboy #50, Lana is the teenage girlfriend of young Clark. She was a central character in the television series, "Smallville" (played by Kristin Kreuk) and has also appeared as a teenager on the big screen in 1978's Superman: The Movie (played by Diane Sherry) and later as an adult, re-entering Clark's life in Superman III (Played by Annette O'Toole, who would later play Martha Kent on "Smallville").

At her young age, Gould already boasts an impressive resume, having appeared on television shows like "Chuck," "Rizzoli & Isles," "The Mentalist" and on the big screen in Battle: Los Angeles.

Now filming, Man of Steel's cast also includes Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix and Laurence Fishburne. It is targeting a June 14, 2013 release.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:17 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Robert Downey Jr. Would Have Been Lex Luthor in McG's Superman

by SuperHeroHype

February 21, 2012

We've covered director McG's scrapped Superman movie Flyby (which featured a script by J.J. Abrams) quite a bit here at SuperHeroHype, but we had not heard this one. McG revealed to The Playlist that his Lex Luthor would have been none other than Robert Downey Jr.:

"We had Robert Downey Jr. locked up to be Lex Luthor, which I think would have been extraordinary," McG enthused. But his pick for the Big Blue Boyscout is actually much less of a surprise. "Ironically, we liked Henry Cavill a lot, but we hadn’t cast him yet," he says of the actor currently wearing the tights in the upcoming "Man Of Steel." "J.J. wrote the script, and we got that to a really good place in the end," he says of the film, the first in a proposed trilogy. "But I’m to blame for [the film not happening]." While we've heard no shortage of superhero movie casting over the years, the idea of a then-low-key Downey Jr. as Lex Luthor is enough to make us wonder a whole score of what-if fantasies, particularly considering his own subsequent ascension to the top of the A-List following "Iron Man."

Zack Snyder's new Superman movie starring Henry Cavill, Man of Steel, will hit theaters on June 14, 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Warner Bros. Reveals Man of Steel Banner!

by SuperHeroHype

March 29, 2012

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel has revealed, through the film's new Facebook page, a banner that includes the iconic "S" shield and the film's title artwork. Check it out below!

Henry Cavill plays Superman in director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

Man of Steel arrives in theaters on June 14, 2013.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hi-Res Version of the Man of Steel Logo Now Online

by SuperHeroHype

April 04, 2012

Following last week's reveal of the new banner, Legendary Pictures has now released a high-resolution version of the logo for Zack Snyder's Superman movie Man of Steel.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

Click here or on the image for a bigger version!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Man of Steel to be 'Edgy' Like The Dark Knight

by SuperHeroHype

April 10, 2012

ClevverTV got a chance to talk to actor Dylan Sprayberry about playing young Clark Kent in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman movie, Man of Steel.

He said: "I just finished shooting 'Man of Steel.' That was in Canada and Chicago. I filmed that all last year."

When asked what people will love about Snyder's film, Sprayberry said that "when Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like 'The Dark Knight' but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he's a kid."

We'll get to see Sprayberry's Kent and Henry Cavill's older Kent when Man of Steel opens in theaters on June 14, 2013. Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Laurence Fishburne and Richard Schiff co-star.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

WB Picks Licensing Partners for Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

June 07, 2012

Next week is the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas and Warner Bros is set to unveil quite an assortment of products for quite a few of their films but in particular the upcoming Man of Steel.

According to Variety, Lego, Mattel and Rubie's Costume Co, Noble Collection, Kinetix, Junkfood, Bioworld, Converse and Hallmark are all set to create apparel, toys, costumes, clothes, party goods, and ornaments for the new film. Expect to see more about all of these products next week when they're revealed.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Man of Steel arrives in theaters on June 14, 2013.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Check Out a Trade Ad for Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

June 07, 2012

The latest issue of License! Global has hit the stands and within its pages are a number of teases from some major upcoming films including Zack Snyder's Superman reboot Man of Steel, featuring a slightly different take on the iconic Superman shield revealed in the first teaser banner. Check it out below!

Set for release on June 14, 2013, Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill as Superman with Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

It should also be noted that, while the magazine lists a 2014 release for Marvel's The Avengers 2, we've confirmed with Walt Disney Pictures that said date is just a guess on the part of the magazine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 41  Next