Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Trailer is out and it looks great. Still not completely sold on Zod but I'm still ridiculously hyped for this.

http://www.n77d58w76d19.com/

(I know the link is odd, but blame WB.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Well... this is certainly better than the crap they showed earlier... but still not an overly impressive trailer... but getting there. Maybe the 3rd one will be where the first should have been.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 am 
declined to be a vampire

I don't want to see too much of the movie in the trailers. I like what we see so far.

We already know who Zod is, and I think there is pretty big implications so far that he and Superman are going to have at it. I don't want to see too much of the whole Military part of the movie, and I don't want to see too much Lois in the previews.

I like the fact that I still don't know a lot about the movie but the preview makes me want to see it. I also like how we're seeing how he came to be. Not just 30 minutes of him being a kid and WHAM...grown up. This has a Batman Begins feel to it.

I REALLY hope we get a trilogy of sorts like the Batman series and we see something like Doomsday.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:47 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Let's watch the trailer here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 pm 
Bob Vila

Whoah.... cant..bloody...WAIT!!! Like others have said this trailer doesn't reveal too much but still manages to show that this is going to be a different take on Supes that we've not seen before. It seems like there's going to be a real story, a new way of presenting who he is and how he came to be, but also offers some decent fights and grit to the characters. It does have that Batman Begins vibe but there's nothing wrong with that, really looking forward to seeing this next year!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:10 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Hmmm ........

:shock:
:D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Thanks for the link to the video, this looks great. I am really looking forward to this. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:57 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Can't wait man!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

David S. Goyer Talks About Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

January 07, 2013

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel will fly into theaters this summer and according to writer David S. Goyer, it's the kind of movie that we need to see. He spoke with Access Hollywood about his involvement in the film and he likes what he's seen. You can watch the full interview below!

"I'm really proud of it," he said, "I never thought I would be doing a Superman film, but I think the only possible way to top myself or ourselves on Batman is to tackle Superman whose kind of the Granddaddy of all the superheroes. He's trickier, it's kind of easier doing a dark character who doesn't have any super powers but I'm really proud of what we've done and I can't wait for people to see it. I think the movie is going to be the right movie for the times. I'm happy that movie is coming out in the summer, because I think it's the kind of movie that the world needs right now."

In the June 14, 2013 release, Henry Cavill plays Superman. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Take a Look at Man of Steel in Statue Form

by SuperHeroHype

January 14, 2013

DC Comics today revealed its product solicitations for April 2013 and, among the new comics and collectibles showcased, is a new statue based on Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel, offering a new look at the film's costume design. Check it out below alongside the official description, which also reveals that statues are also on the way based on Russell Crowe's Jor-El, Michael Shannon's Zod and Antje Traue's Faora.

MAN OF STEEL: SUPERMAN 1:6 SCALE ICONIC STATUE
Sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios Statue measures 13.25” high x 8.5” wide x 5.75” deep.
$129.95 US • On Sale May 2013
*Allocations May Occur
Before the highly anticipated summer movie, Man of Steel, hits theaters, be sure to pick up these new definitive 1:6 scale statues from DC Collectibles.
ALSO AVAILABLE!
Man of Steel: Jor-El 1:6 Scale Iconic Statue
Man of Steel: Zod 1:6 Scale Iconic Statue
Man of Steel: Faora 1:6 Scale Iconic Statue

Man of Steel hits theaters on June 14, 2013 in 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Russell Crowe Talks Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

January 16, 2013

Man of Steel star Russell Crowe is only the second person to play Superman's father, Jor-El, on the big screen and he spoke with Reelz about the upcoming film and its approach to the DC comics hero.

"It's very complicated, it's really complex. I don't think anybody has really tried to get into the psychology of what it must be like to be Superman and what people would really respond like in a modern society if somebody like that just popped up. I think Zack Snyder was given a great deal of responsibilty because when it comes to comic book heroes and superhero films the top of the food chain is Superman. I think the biggest indicator for me of how it's looking is that the financier of the film has sent me gushing emails, he just loves it.

"I'm really looking foward to seeing it, it's a massive undertaking. It takes you on the ground to Krypton, it takes you to a planet where the sun is four times larger than ours and you get to experience that stuff and if you've seen the trailers you realize that this Superman is not just floating through the air held up by a wire, this Superman is super sonic. I'm really looking forward to the way that people will respond to it."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:02 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Is Jimmy Olsen a Woman in Man of Steel?

by SuperHeroHype

January 22, 2013

The changes that have been applied to Superman for the upcoming film Man of Steel have been pretty divisive to say the least. His costume changes and the morbid attitude of Pa Kent have had some fans up in arms, and if you found yourself in that camp you may not like this latest rumor.

As DigitalSpy points out, one member of the cast listed on IMDb is an actress named Rebecca Buller, who is listed as playing the role of Jenny Olsen, which doesn't exactly confirm the gender swap of the character, but then when you see this screencap from the trailer of Buller running with Laurence Fishburne as Perry White (the Editor of the Daily Planet), it starts to make sense.

This hasn't been confirmed by the studio yet, so treat this strictly as a rumor, but it's one of the most plausible rumors we've heard in some time.

In the June 14, 2013 release, Henry Cavill plays Superman. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy. Man of Steel will be screened in 2D, 3D, and IMAX.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Man of Steel MPAA Rating Revealed

by SuperHeroHype

January 22, 2013

Warner Bros. Pictures' highly-anticipated Superman movie, Man of Steel, has been rated by the MPAA. The film has received a PG-13 rating "for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language." Sounds good, right?

Flying into 3D, 2D and IMAX theaters on June 14, the Zack Snyder-directed action adventure stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Russell Crowe, Michael Kelly, Harry Lennix and Richard Schiff.

In the film, a young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Images From Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

January 28, 2013

Man of Steel will grace the cover of Empire magazine this week and inside its pages are some new images from the film. Below you'll find two new photos featuring Russell Crowe as Jor-El and Michael Shannon as General Zod.

Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 41  Next