Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:44 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: New Jersey
riddler2403 wrote:
I'm tired of seeing Lex in every single Superman movie. What about Darkseid, Brainiac, Metallo, Bizarro or Parasite? They would all be awesome choices.


I definitely hope Luthor's not the only Supers baddie in the next one...I've been hoping for a Brainiac appearance for years. Bizarro'd be neat too...heck, just about anyone besides General Zod. (Sorry, I'm kind of Zodded-out.)

_________________
Riddle me this...????

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:46 am 
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1193
I think Spacey is signed for 3 movies like the rest of the cast, though I thought I read recently that he was considering retiring from acting.

I don't care about seeing Lexcorp or evil tycoon Lex onscreen - I'm actually really, really sick of that take on the character after years of Smallville and Lois & Clark and the comics ran it right into the ground. I would kind of like to see a bit more of a superscientist Lex like in the Silver Age or in All Star Superman and JLU, but that would seem to be a jarring transition unless it was justified by his learning from the Krypton crystals in Superman's fortress or something.

Lex's scheme was more evil than just real estate, though he joked about that being his motivation in the movie and some of the cool exposition in the script about what else the crystals could do besides grow would have helped get that across had it been included in the movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:19 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1494
I liked President Luthor...but I am probably in the minority there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:34 pm 
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1193
Arsenio3 wrote:
I liked President Luthor...but I am probably in the minority there.


It's certainly an interesting angle, as an Elseworld or something, but where do you go from there? Once someone is elected President of the United States, they are always "President (Insert Name Here)". I was morbidly curious how DC was going to write itself out of that -- even if Luthor was forced to resign, or impeached, for being caught building a nanodisassembler cannon in the Oval Office after hours or something,all the heroes would still have to call him "President Luthor" as they chased him around the city in his jetboot armor. He could still command speaking fees and lobby Congresspeople, nevermind get a Presidential Library...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:15 pm 
buzz word garbage hater
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3204
Did you read the story, or are you wondering aloud? I don't want to go all spoiley on you...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:55 pm 
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1193
hutchprime wrote:
Did you read the story, or are you wondering aloud? I don't want to go all spoiley on you...


Oh, I haven't read it. I think that Sinestro Corps special is the first DC comic I've read in years and years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:00 pm 
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1193
Spacey set for 'Superman' sequel
Source: Daily Variety

Kevin Spacey will return as Lex Luthor in "Superman: Man of Steel" and appear in "Telstar," Nick Moran's film version of Moran and James Hicks' 2005 darkly comic West End play about flamboyant '60s record mogul Joe Meek.

"Superman" director Bryan Singer met with Spacey in New York while the latter was appearing on Broadway in Eugene O'Neill's recently wrapped "Moon for the Misbegotten." Singer was about to pitch his "Man of Steel" sequel to Warner Bros.; "Superman Returns" scripter Michael Dougherty is now writing the screenplay.

...

Spacey hopes to shoot his Luthor role in a six-week block, as he did on "Superman Returns," after he completes his run in David Mamet's "Speed the Plow" in April.

...

On Tuesday, Spacey told Daily Variety, "In no way did I use the word retirement. Someone else pulled that out of thin air. It's false, there's not a lick of truth to it."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:00 pm 
buzz word garbage hater
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3204
PeterFries wrote:
hutchprime wrote:
Did you read the story, or are you wondering aloud? I don't want to go all spoiley on you...


Oh, I haven't read it. I think that Sinestro Corps special is the first DC comic I've read in years and years.


If you want to know what happened, borrow the trade "Public Enemies" (Superman/Batman first arc) from the local library. Quick read, good stuff by Loeb and McGuinness


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 pm 
5th Horseman
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 796
Quote:
I would kind of like to see a bit more of a superscientist Lex like in the Silver Age or in All Star Superman and JLU, but that would seem to be a jarring transition unless it was justified by his learning from the Krypton crystals in Superman's fortress or something.


I could handle that. I really feel that Singer dropped the ball on Returns and should have taken a page out of Kingdom Come's Book. He comes back to find a younger generation of flawed and violent superbeings taking over, kicks their @ss and then is welcomed back! After that have another villain emerge and defeat him later. Mix Lois in and BAM! Blockbuster!

Think about it, it would have paralleled all the new Marvel Heroes taking over the big screen and now Supes really returns but ......oh well. I loved Batman Begins for myriad reasons, but mostly b/c they treated it seriously and were faithful to the COMICS. Singer need to read the damn comics more and not try to remake a 30 yr. old movie :?

I did like X2 quite a bit and it seems we'll get a real villain in the next one. If we get a true action movie with a new comic villain I'll be HAPPY. Every other creative liberty will fall under the umbrella of comic movie discrepancies. Just give me something that feels like Superman!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:33 am 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1494
X Men (I) wasnt very good, but Singer hit it out of the park in X2 (and Ratner made me want to scratch my eyes out with X3), so I havent given up all hope. He may still be able to get a decent movie out of Superman yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:58 am 
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1095
PeterFries wrote:
Arsenio3 wrote:
I liked President Luthor...but I am probably in the minority there.


It's certainly an interesting angle, as an Elseworld or something, but where do you go from there? Once someone is elected President of the United States, they are always "President (Insert Name Here)". I was morbidly curious how DC was going to write itself out of that -- even if Luthor was forced to resign, or impeached, for being caught building a nanodisassembler cannon in the Oval Office after hours or something,all the heroes would still have to call him "President Luthor" as they chased him around the city in his jetboot armor. He could still command speaking fees and lobby Congresspeople, nevermind get a Presidential Library...


I really think Lex should have stayed President. I like evil manipulative behind the curtain lex. He's the money, brains and Grand Master behind the transnational (criminal) secret organization known only as The Legion! Try as they might, superman and batman just can’t make the evidence stick...To me that is more interesting then boring mad scientist Lex. He can be both, if he isn’t on America’s most wanted list. With Black Adam in control of Kandaq and Lex in control of America it opens up more political real world drama for the Justice league to face I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 am 
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1193
FALLEN ELDOR wrote:
I really think Lex should have stayed President. I like evil manipulative behind the curtain lex. He's the money, brains and Grand Master behind the transnational (criminal) secret organization known only as The Legion! Try as they might, superman and batman just can’t make the evidence stick...To me that is more interesting then boring mad scientist Lex. He can be both, if he isn’t on America’s most wanted list. With Black Adam in control of Kandaq and Lex in control of America it opens up more political real world drama for the Justice league to face I think.


But how long can you realistically drag that out? Presidents serve for eight years, and even with the wonkyness of comic book time, a couple decades go by, and President Lex starts to stretch the breaking point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:36 am 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1494
Is Black Adam still running Kahndaq...last I saw him he was just wandering the earth mumbling possible magic words.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:57 pm 
buzz word garbage hater
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3204
I cannot possibly begin to explain what happened with Black Adam and Kandaq.

Suffice it to say, no, he's not.

Find a site that spoils WW3 and the final 10 issues of 52. That will tell you all you need to know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:04 pm 
User avatar
Editor Emeritus of SDCC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 22860
Location: San Diego, California
Superman Writers Not Returning for Sequel

Source: superherohype.com

October 21, 2007

Superman Returns screenwriters Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris have opted not to come back and pen a sequel to the 2006 summer film that would have reunited them with helmer Bryan Singer, reports Variety. The three also worked together on X2: X-Men United.

As a result, Warner Bros. is now taking pitches for The Man of Steel's next outing from other writers -- just as the studio is trying to figure out which actor will don the character's tights in Justice League.

Industry chatter claimed the studio would start fresh with a new take on the Man of Steel, as if the previous pic never happened.

Reasons mentioned were the introduction of Superman's son with Lois Lane, as well as the film's less-than-expected domestic haul of $200 million and another $191 million overseas.

Marvel Studios is adopting that let's-try-again strategy with "The Hulk" at Universal, hoping a new pic, starring Edward Norton, will launch a franchise that Ang Lee's 2003 actioner failed to do.

But WB denies such plans and said next pic would be a sequel with Brandon Routh likely wearing the "S" on his chest again. Legendary Pictures is co-developing and co-financing the project, which is expected to up the action quotient.

Mike
(Image)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.051s | 10 Queries | GZIP : Off ]